Closed Thread
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;3855937;
    It appears that the wait is finally over! Jake Pavelka’s ex-girlfriend (Tanya) will appear on Inside Edition Tuesday, March 16 in a first-person interview where she will go into detail about her relationship with The Bachelor – a relationship that allegedly continued during and after recording of the show. Supposedly, she'll be displaying personal photos of her private moments with Jake, as well as providing new details about their relationship... and Jake's indiscretions.

Guess she figures better late than never......

Well weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Let the fun begin!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3855297;
    I was enjoying the show until the segment with Byron and Mary. That put a damper on the whole thing for me. Even though he was ruggedly good-looking on the show, it was clear to me that in real life, Byron was rough around the edges. All of the terrible publicity about the pole dancer (of whom he spoke) Gwen, and her ex and his friends which was all over the boards didn't help his image any.
    Byron looked terrible tonight, and it is obvious that Mary is hopelessly in love with him. Although it was evident from what we have seen between them in the news as well as what we saw and heard tonight that they are not good for each other, still it was painful to watch.
    Great observation. That helps to explain to me why Byron was initially really attracted to the really jealous/possessive girl - can't remember her name. I remember thinking she was really rough looking, and couldn't figure out why Byron was so into her. (BTW, I'm not talking about Tanya, the F2).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3855950;
    Great observation. That helps to explain to me why Byron was initially really attracted to the really jealous/possessive girl - can't remember her name. I remember thinking she was really rough looking, and couldn't figure out why Byron was so into her. (BTW, I'm not talking about Tanya, the F2).
    He was initially attracted to Jane. I think she is the one who went missing, and they hunted all over the grounds at night for her.
    Later he and the F3 Cindi really went at it in the limo on a date. Both of them had too much to drink. Cindi asked to see a picture of Byron's ex wife, and he became almost abusive.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3855950;
    Her name was Cynthia. I think I got a better picture of how Byron really is. He wants us to believe it was a fantasy for however many years they been together. Seems like to me he could have just said it didn't work. Mary still chooses to take the high road.

I think Vienna is pretty enough, except for the one eye that tends to drift inwards, giving her that cross-eyed look. She could very easily have that corrected -- it's a simple surgery where they tighten one of the 6 interior eye muscles. She should have had that corrected before she blew all of her cash on the boob job and those stringy hair extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;3855937;
    It appears that the wait is finally over! Jake Pavelka’s ex-girlfriend (Tanya) will appear on Inside Edition Tuesday, March 16 in a first-person interview where she will go into detail about her relationship with The Bachelor – a relationship that allegedly continued during and after recording of the show. Supposedly, she'll be displaying personal photos of her private moments with Jake, as well as providing new details about their relationship... and Jake's indiscretions.

Guess she figures better late than never......
    Dang, I think I missed this -- today's Inside Edition aired already. Very interesting! If this is indeed true, what a scandal!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3855902;
    Seeing MF for the first time last night reinforced every nasty thing I've learned on this site over the past few months. But I'm very curious what someone might have thought who was seeing it/him without knowing about some of the manipulative stuff he's done. He certainly tipped his hand, but I wonder how it was received by those who still believe the whole game is real.
    We could have learn the whole ugly truth, if one of the other networks (cbs, nbc, fox) would have did the show. I know that abc wasn't going to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help them God.

I channel surfed through this show last night a few times and what struck me more than anything was that these ladies sure appear to age incredibly poorly (guessing it's a combination of tanning and plastic surgery). And these guys don't appear to age much better all the time (not that they were all that attractive to begin with).

I disagree on that, they look better now than they did on the show...especially Peyton and Tanya.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3855963;
    He was initially attracted to Jane. I think she is the one who went missing, and they hunted all over the grounds at night for her.
    Later he and the F3 Cindi really went at it in the limo on a date. Both of them had too much to drink. Cindi asked to see a picture of Byron's ex wife, and he became almost abusive.
    Yes, her name was Jane. Thanks. I briefly remember the scene you described with Cindi in the limo, and asking to see a pic of B's ex-wife.

Can't help it, but I feel sorry for Mary. I think I'm the only one, but I think she's still really pretty. Doesn't look like she's had any surgery to me, but that's JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3855997;
    Yes, her name was Jane. Thanks. I briefly remember the scene you described with Cindi in the limo, and asking to see a pic of B's ex-wife.

Can't help it, but I feel sorry for Mary. I think I'm the only one, but I think she's still really pretty. Doesn't look like she's had any surgery to me, but that's JMHO.
    You're not the only one...When I was watching I thought she looked better now than when she was on the shows...Don't know if she had anything done but it seemed to me as if she had lost some weight (maybe because of all the stress). I know people whose face seems to get tight when they are stressed out. She looked very pretty ... same for Merri.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3855794;
    In Brad’s defense, by the time he realized he wouldn’t be making a F1 choice it was too late. Travis checked out before F4 when he was able to decide who default would be and get that agreement. Brad has said time and again that he had wanted to get there, but it just didn’t happen. In the end he made the right choice for him whether or not the viewers liked it.
    Right, In Brad defense, it makes no sense to just choose a person for the sake of pleasing others. Brad's F1 left at F3 and he couldn't see himself with the other two. Travis sent his F1 home at F3, very disappointed at her, but I guess he's a people pleaser and had a F1 that would be willing to go along. Brad said he wasn't going to sell out and I admire that, don't care for all that bs they be throwing at us.

Excellent post. In thinking about just how important creating a spirit of competition is for the the producers, imagine how different the show would be if contestants were not "Stockholm Syndromed" and encouraged/manipulated to stay and compete for the affections of one person, who in reality couldn't possibly be that appealing to all of them. At every rose ceremony, a few would ask to leave due to lack of interest in the lead, and the illusion of TB as some romantic ideal of male or female pulchritude would be shattered. On shows like Flavor of Love, everyone knows that the women have no interest in the disgusting Flava Flav and are only in it for exposure and cash, but The Bachelor franchise is still supposed to be based on the fantasy of true love and idealized romance, even if it has gotten sleazier in recent years.
    Yeah, makes me wonder why Chris doesn't ask that question anymore, is there anyone who doesn't see themselves with the bachelor/ette, can and should decline the rose...before the rc. It sure is a completion, which is why I think Molly took Jason back, how great would that be, to have him on National tv say I'm the one he wants, it sure could make up for that humilating finale.

Closed Thread