Closed Thread
Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3855876;
    MATT WITH NEW TEETH....MUNG-KEE WILL YOU MARRY ME!!!!!!!

i HAD FORGOTTEN HOW CHEESY THAT LINE WAS!!!!
    I just spurted my Timmie's all over the screen! I dodged a bullet not watching that season too!
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

Seeing MF for the first time last night reinforced every nasty thing I've learned on this site over the past few months. But I'm very curious what someone might have thought who was seeing it/him without knowing about some of the manipulative stuff he's done. He certainly tipped his hand, but I wonder how it was received by those who still believe the whole game is real.

Does anyone know if Vegas odds have been posted on how long Vienna and Jake will last?
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing;3855888;
    OH well that explains it Missygirl-he's getting his genres confused! Just what the world needs more Texas Chain Massacre flics! Yes, characters in those know all about romance, don't they?! He is starting to make his sister look, well, normal?
    Sister? Are you referring to Heidi? If so, she is his second cousin, not his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing;3855894;
    Want to split a corpse? On second thought, Fleece might want to start a reality restaurant show! I am glad you have 'ladies' in quotes- from what I see of the younger generation it's a term that does not fit often. And there is not enough money in the world to get anyone to sleep with him. Even if there is a sci-fi gadget that could erase all memory permanently. ( Those who bedded BOB would probably love one too! ) Please tell me there is no proof of this! I could see this MAYBE happening with Martin, provided he leaves his personality in the next room.
    A long time ago I gave up trying to finding the bottom of the pit of "how far would you go for a shot at fame." I could see any "lady" desperate enough for a shot of anything making out if not worse with him and I'm sure he milks it for all that it's worth. I've seen ladies do much worse for much less.

I channel surfed through this show last night a few times and what struck me more than anything was that these ladies sure appear to age incredibly poorly (guessing it's a combination of tanning and plastic surgery). And these guys don't appear to age much better all the time (not that they were all that attractive to begin with).

I also noticed a lot of embarrassment etc. for even going on the show. Do people not think through the consequences of their behavior?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855857;
    I was so bothered by what I read that I called a friend to get the story on Stacey the blogger.
    She is a lawyer who was laid off by her firm about 18 months ago. She was already blogging but she stepped up her efforts when she found herself with nothing else to do.
    She also started inundating ABC with requests that they hire her or otherwise compensate her to write a column on the show. If you go way back in the archives of her blog you will see where she implores her readers to contact ABC and encourage them to hire her.
    You are correct that she began by watching the show with her friends and posting their observations, sometimes candid and funny like other blogs, but about the time she started trying desperately to get ABC to hire her, the entire tone of the blog changed.
    She has managed to sporadically get temp work at law firms in New York, but to my knowledge is still not permanently employed as a lawyer.
    She is, however, well known at ABC as someone who writes a "blue sky" version of the show in order to gain their approval, and maybe someday a job. They know she is not a very good writer, but they like her message.
    That's how they knew about her, and that's why they put her on the show.
    Good to see you back on the job as our private eye! Nobody does it better.

Thanks for that background. Before last night I was totally unaware of her. In this economy and with her present status, I'm not opposed to her getting a slice of the pie if she can pull it off. We are used to the snarky blogs, but I would have to guess that there are folks who enjoy the way she writes as well.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3855902;
    Seeing MF for the first time last night reinforced every nasty thing I've learned on this site over the past few months. But I'm very curious what someone might have thought who was seeing it/him without knowing about some of the manipulative stuff he's done. He certainly tipped his hand, but I wonder how it was received by those who still believe the whole game is real.
    Excellent question, Pandora. I can't answer though, I don't know anyone who is fooled anymore...

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing;3855904;
    Does anyone know if Vegas odds have been posted on how long Vienna and Jake will last?
    I don't know, but if we can calculate how long it is until Jake passes through puberty, that's where I'd lay my money.
    Also, just a random thought, but can you resole elevator shoes? Because I swear in every recent photo Vienna seems to be getting uncomfortably close to him in height (she is 5'4" confirmed).
    Last edited by sdl; 03-16-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3855914;
    Do people not think through the consequences of their behavior?
    How long have you got?! I have a thesis or two somewhere I can unpack.
    Thankfully youth does not last forever. And some folks need to mess up before they learn from their mistakes. And some take longer to catch on and some never do. (That Sheen fellow comes to mind) I am sure at some point we have all thought "It seemed like a good idea at the time..."
    That sad part is that it's probably never a good idea to have your learning curve on television. That's where people differ. And watching train crashes is never pretty and not life-affirming-contrary to what Fleece believes. How many women actually think while watching the show, "I am so glad it's not happening to me?"

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855921;
    I don't know, but if we can calculate how long it is until Jake passes through puberty, that's where I'd lay my money.
    Also, just a random thought, but can you resole elevator shoes? Because I swear in every recent photo Vienna seems to be getting uncomfortably close to him in height (she is 5'4" confirmed).
    Well, Jake being a pilot, he is not likely to see the "You are now passing through Puberty" highway sign anytime soon!
    Guess everyone gets re-sized under the microscope!
    Truthfully, my gaze never made it to his shoes, SDL!

Closed Thread