Closed Thread
Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly;3855767;
    Shayne was another one that was rumored to be a ruse...her dad being buddies with Frankenfleiss and Shayne to be chosen if Matt didn't find anybody. I don't know if that was ever confirmed.

MATT WITH NEW TEETH....MUNG-KEE WILL YOU MARRY ME!!!!!!!

i HAD FORGOTTEN HOW CHEESY THAT LINE WAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855480;
    I just watched the show and there is very little I remember about it, because it wasn't really news. It was a big friendly reunion.
    d) Did someone up thread actually say that Martin Hilton was HOT? Some remark about his sexy eyes. They were kidding, right?
    f) Blob still seems like a loser.
    g) I've got to say it again, when all the dust settles the one with the long term career is Jesse Palmer, not the greatest Bachelor but the best color commentator in all of college football.
    h) I couldn't bear to watch Jake and Vienna. I went to feed the cats, and I don't really like cats.
    SDL,
    It was indeed a love fest except Byron and Mary's bit. I was surprised the show went there. But those 911 calls are hard to suppress these days.
    Martin Hilton-a good reminder to women that evils lurks everywhere even in tasty packages.
    As for Bob, just how did he charm his way into more beds than any of the bachelors to date? Mindboggling but I agree with your assessment!
    As for Jesse's career, did I hear right? Is Fleece taking credit for this? Please! It's more like a hurdle Jesse had to live down to get the gig.
    Vienna had me at dressing her dog up in the previews.(It's just not right.) That in itself convinced me not to watch this season.
    How did they ever get Wes back on camera? The legalities boggle the mind...
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing;3855868;
    I was just thinking about this-that his next forray into entertainment IS in horror movies-he won't have far to look for 'talent' this time.
    He has already done quite a bit of horror movies. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Series as well as Hostel (part 1&2). But, with his looks, he could definitely be the lead in one. *shudder* Now THAT is scary!

My second favourite moment-Melissa's tour when she was in the communal bathroom. One of the safe places to chat on the set, as far as she knew. Oh to have been a fly on the shower walls!
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;3855882;
    He has already done quite a bit of horror movies. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Series as well as Hostel (part 1&2). But, with his looks, he could definitely be the lead in one. *shudder* Now THAT is scary!
    OH well that explains it Missygirl-he's getting his genres confused! Just what the world needs more Texas Chain Massacre flics! Yes, characters in those know all about romance, don't they?! He is starting to make his sister look, well, normal?

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing;3855868;
    I was just thinking about this-that his next forray into entertainment IS in horror movies-he won't have far to look for 'talent' this time.
    Do you ever have those moments when you are taking in information but it is so insane your mind refuses to process it? As in, "no WAY!! this CAN'T be happening!"
    I was watching Fleissenstein last night and all I could think about was the persistent rumor that he makes out with all of these Bachelorettes at the after parties. Now I know money is a major attraction for a lot of these "ladies," but I've done the math.
    Most people would not have sex with a corpse for $10,000, right?
    Well Mike is cheap and pays them nothing. He is vulgar and rude, and probably has a hairy back. He has eyes like an iguana, and has been digging trenches with his teeth.
    I'd rather have the corpse and you can keep the $10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3855871;
    Chicken Guy wing what a blast from the past!!!!!! I watched that show (didn't recall it was produced by Fleiss) and it was a trainwreck, you could tell when Darva saw Rick Rockwell their so called millionare in person he was definitely not who she wanted to marry. She went through on the last episode marrying him on TV because she really "Won" $100,000 & a 3 carat diamond ring. Their sham of marriage was immediately put an end to by her afterwards by her claiming he had misrepresented himself as a millionaire. Plus she had what she wanted money and instant fame she put to use modeling nude in Playboy for even more money!!!!!
    Definitely a tv eek moment! And so ABC wanted more of this?
    About misrepresenting themselves as a milionaire-geez, after a few drinks or a dare, what man hasn't?!

Quote Originally Posted by Midol;3855843;
    I was not a huge fan of either Molly or Mel on Jason's season ... but then I wasn't a big fan of Jason either (on Deanna's season or his own) ... so I think I was able to keep things in perspective when watching the show ...

Just in response to the bolded because the Mel defenders vs. haters seem to be coming out again after her interview last night. While what she said was not the most diplomatic, I do think she was telling the truth...and isn't that what we all want? HOWEVER, I don't think when she was talking about Jason being someone she would not find attractive in real life, or it being a competition and wanting to win, it was something she was thinking while ON the show. My impression was that this was something she came to appreciate once off the show and realized that she got WRAPPED UP IN THE SHOW and had been manipulated ... as others before and since have admitted ... hence the low success rate of the show.
    Thank you Midol! You said that much better than I did. This is exactly what I was trying to get across.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855889;
    Do you ever have those moments when you are taking in information but it is so insane your mind refuses to process it? As in, "no WAY!! this CAN'T be happening!"
    I was watching Fleissenstein last night and all I could think about was the persistent rumor that he makes out with all of these Bachelorettes at the after parties. Now I know money is a major attraction for a lot of these "ladies," but I've done the math.
    Most people would not have sex with a corpse for $10,000, right?
    Well Mike is cheap and pays them nothing. He is vulgar and rude, and probably has a hairy back. He has eyes like an iguana, and has been digging trenches with his teeth.
    I'd rather have the corpse and you can keep the $10,000.
    Want to split a corpse? On second thought, Fleece might want to start a reality restaurant show! I am glad you have 'ladies' in quotes- from what I see of the younger generation it's a term that does not fit often. And there is not enough money in the world to get anyone to sleep with him. Even if there is a sci-fi gadget that could erase all memory permanently. ( Those who bedded BOB would probably love one too! ) Please tell me there is no proof of this! I could see this MAYBE happening with Martin, provided he leaves his personality in the next room.
    Last edited by ChickenGuyWing; 03-16-2010 at 04:18 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855857;
    I was so bothered by what I read that I called a friend to get the story on Stacey the blogger.
    She is a lawyer who was laid off by her firm about 18 months ago. She was already blogging but she stepped up her efforts when she found herself with nothing else to do.
    She also started inundating ABC with requests that they hire her or otherwise compensate her to write a column on the show. If you go way back in the archives of her blog you will see where she implores her readers to contact ABC and encourage them to hire her.
    You are correct that she began by watching the show with her friends and posting their observations, sometimes candid and funny like other blogs, but about the time she started trying desperately to get ABC to hire her, the entire tone of the blog changed.
    She has managed to sporadically get temp work at law firms in New York, but to my knowledge is still not permanently employed as a lawyer.
    She is, however, well known at ABC as someone who writes a "blue sky" version of the show in order to gain their approval, and maybe someday a job. They know she is not a very good writer, but they like her message.
    That's how they knew about her, and that's why they put her on the show.
    Amazing, there seems to be a reason for everything; nothing is random when it comes to The Bach!!

Along with most, I am tired of J&V as well. But just watch, sex will only trump substance for so long and then they'll break up.

Closed Thread