Closed Thread
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by PotstickersRgud;3855721;
    I thought Mike Fleiss looked better than when I saw him, and his vocabulary was so much better too. He likes the four letter words!
    He still makes my skin crawl.

Martin didn't look as good, though. I can't put my finger on it. He had some silver in his hair and it was longer when I saw him.
    I hear you! I had never experienced that feeling of having my skin crawl until last night. It was like Fleece was sitting across from me in my living room. And every hair on my head was standing at attention. His comment about when people cried being the marker of their sincerity on the show, hit me in an odd way. Almost like that was his marker of success period. That perhaps subconsciously (I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here) that's his aim. Shudder. If you looked at his lips closely, you could almost hear him whisper 'mealticket" when gushing over Trista.

When the camera panned to the production group as a whole, I could not help but notice that most of the men struck me as well, probably not 'mainstream daters'. Sorry! I can't think of any other way of putting it!
    It was all reminiscent of a science experiment by the geeks using the cool kids in high school and making sure they 'paid' for their success. Twisted as anything.
    I still can't get my head around why the women who are involved with the show, well, are! Any ideas anyone?!

The highlight of the show for me: ABC calling Fleece in a panic "They aren't falling in love!" as if that was something that could be controlled. Oh, wait I forgot, it can!
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

I agree, nennie. these people all know what theyre getting themselves into when they go on this show. They are open for all kinds of scrutiny from then on. I found it rather peculiar that she would say on last night's show that Jason is someone she never would have dated. Kind of a last slap at Jason, imo.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 03-16-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

PS Apparently there's STILL plenty gas in the bus heading for Wes...
    And Mr. Alpha male still does not get it. Le plus que ça change...
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3855850;
    I agree, nennie. these people all know what theyre getting themselves into when they go on this show. They are open for all kinds of scrutiny from then on. I found it rather peculiar that she would say on last night's show that Jason is someone she never would have dated. Kind of a last slap at Jason, imo.
    Melissa will likely regret much of her on-camera work (Bach and otherwise) a decade from now.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3855827;
    This gal is an attorney - not a writer by trade.

She and her friends watch the Bachelor as a group. While she was still in school, she started writing her blog for enjoyment and was surprised to see that she had gotten 150,000 hits. As a result, she decided to continue writing her blog.
    The strong implication is that she is now practicing law but is writing her blog on the side.
    I was so bothered by what I read that I called a friend to get the story on Stacey the blogger.
    She is a lawyer who was laid off by her firm about 18 months ago. She was already blogging but she stepped up her efforts when she found herself with nothing else to do.
    She also started inundating ABC with requests that they hire her or otherwise compensate her to write a column on the show. If you go way back in the archives of her blog you will see where she implores her readers to contact ABC and encourage them to hire her.
    You are correct that she began by watching the show with her friends and posting their observations, sometimes candid and funny like other blogs, but about the time she started trying desperately to get ABC to hire her, the entire tone of the blog changed.
    She has managed to sporadically get temp work at law firms in New York, but to my knowledge is still not permanently employed as a lawyer.
    She is, however, well known at ABC as someone who writes a "blue sky" version of the show in order to gain their approval, and maybe someday a job. They know she is not a very good writer, but they like her message.
    That's how they knew about her, and that's why they put her on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3855834;
    Was Darva Conger the blonde girl with the huge ears? I am getting these people mixed up now. I liked her MUCH better as a blonde! The darker hair added years to her face, but at least the shorter cut hid her ears. They stuck out so much that's all I could see when I was looking at her.
    Darva Conger was Fleece's first victim on nationa tv-she was on his first show "Who wants to marry a millionaire?" And we all know what a prince he turned out to be...

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3855794;
    In Brad’s defense, by the time he realized he wouldn’t be making a F1 choice it was too late. Travis checked out before F4 when he was able to decide who default would be and get that agreement. Brad has said time and again that he had wanted to get there, but it just didn’t happen. In the end he made the right choice for him whether or not the viewers liked it.
    It was obvious Travis settled in the segment on the boat date where he said there was no chemistry with Sarah then he ended up choosing her, surprising the edit left that in because it made it obvious they were nothing more than friends. He was probably very frank with her about that before the finale cause he sure did drop her like a hot potato as soon as the filming ended and she didn't complain, at least publicly about being led on.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3855622;
    MIKE FLIESS is SCARY

He looks like something out of a horror movie!
    Frankenfliess is too kind.. He needs to take some of that money he makes and go visit Dr. 90210...
    I was just thinking about this-that his next forray into entertainment IS in horror movies-he won't have far to look for 'talent' this time.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Seriously.....he is creepy!!!! I guess I never knew what he looked like. I was shocked! Those teeth! The way he talks! His eyes! AHHHHH!!!! I wouldn't want to be anywhere NEAR that guy!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing;3855863;
    Darva Conger was Fleece's first victim on nationa tv-she was on his first show "Who wants to marry a millionaire?" And we all know what a prince he turned out to be...
    Chicken Guy wing what a blast from the past!!!!!! I watched that show (didn't recall it was produced by Fleiss) and it was a trainwreck, you could tell when Darva saw Rick Rockwell their so called millionare in person he was definitely not who she wanted to marry. She went through on the last episode marrying him on TV because she really "Won" $100,000 & a 3 carat diamond ring. Their sham of marriage was immediately put an end to by her afterwards by her claiming he had misrepresented himself as a millionaire. Plus she had what she wanted money and instant fame she put to use modeling nude in Playboy for even more money!!!!!

Closed Thread