Closed Thread
Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3851698;
    With all of these Bachelor related broadcasts, perhaps MF should just buy himself a channel ?
    Fabulous idea-less chance of him being on network tv!
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855793;
    No wonder they featured this chick as a "successful" blogger (I read all the good blogs and never heard of her before).
    I went to her link and every sappy word sounded like it was written by the PR department at ABC. All the couples were sweet, adorable, romantic, enchanting - I honestly couldn't make it through the whole deal without barfing but I did get to the part where she said that Jake and Vienna were the most perfect couple ever (paraphrasing). I'm not kidding, it was sickening - who would write such dribble?Clearly, they had to search far and wide to advertise the ONE blogger in the entire world who doesn't make fun of the show.
    If you want to read a great Bachelor blog, honest and very funny, and a lot shorter than RS, read Lincee Ray "Ihategreenbeans."
    I'm appalled that ABC put this loser Stacey on TV - they never stop manipulating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3855812;
    Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm amazed she wants to be a writer. She's not a very good one and is completely oblivious to the reality of the Bachelor. Lincee and Barbarossa to me run circles around this girl. Talk about manipulation, the most famous and controversial Bachelor blogger, RS, and not a mention about him in this whole 20/20 investigative reporting about The Bachelor, Behind the Scenes?

This gal is an attorney - not a writer by trade.

She and her friends watch the Bachelor as a group. While she was still in school, she started writing her blog for enjoyment and was surprised to see that she had gotten 150,000 hits. As a result, she decided to continue writing her blog.
    The strong implication is that she is now practicing law but is writing her blog on the side.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Darva Conger - never thought I'd see her again.......................
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3855803;
    They said Jake was not their first choice. DUH! Fleiss said they tried to get Reid. They said Jake won out because he was so sincere about finding someone. Are you kidding me? I thought so too at first, but not now and he is totally not the nice "spiritual" guy we thought he was. His ending up with V says it all!
    Hmm what I would have given for Fleece to have said re Reid "but he asked for too much money and rightly so!"
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3855800;
    Melissa played the game and she played it well......got her what she wanted. Like most big mouths they keep telling off on themselves the more they talk.
    And just like another poster said earlier, I'm pretty sure ABC has entirely made it up to Melissa. She has managed to turn her humbling experience on the Bachelor into a position of overnight fame and fortune. Not one other contestant beforehand has enjoyed the same measure of success that Melissa has -- not even Trista and Ryan, who scored a million dollars and a massively expensive wedding out of the deal. Yeah, I think one humiliating breakup with someone she didn't even want to ever see again traded in for red carpet fame was definitely a hefty trade upwards. She can now stop publicly licking her wounds.

Was Darva Conger the blonde girl with the huge ears? I am getting these people mixed up now. I liked her MUCH better as a blonde! The darker hair added years to her face, but at least the shorter cut hid her ears. They stuck out so much that's all I could see when I was looking at her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3855827;
    This gal is an attorney - not a writer by trade.

She and her friends watch the Bachelor as a group. While she was still in school, she started writing her blog for enjoyment and was surprised to see that she had gotten 150,000 hits. As a result, she decided to continue writing her blog.
    The strong implication is that she is now practicing law but is writing her blog on the side.
    Bloomers, yes she's a lawyer but she mentioned in her site that what she really wants is to write for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3855833;
    And just like another poster said earlier, I'm pretty sure ABC has entirely made it up to Melissa. She has managed to turn her humbling experience on the Bachelor into a position of overnight fame and fortune. Not one other contestant beforehand has enjoyed the same measure of success that Melissa has -- not even Trista and Ryan, who scored a million dollars and a massively expensive wedding out of the deal. Yeah, I think one humiliating breakup with someone she didn't even want to ever see again traded in for red carpet fame was definitely a hefty trade upwards. She can now stop publicly licking her wounds.
    Melissa was owed nothing plain and simple but as I see it she knew exactly what she was doing when she went on the show and if success is fluff reporting jobs then I guess she can call herself successful. I kind of find it funny that Jason was this poor insurance salesman and look what her hubs does.......insurance salesman. You can own an agency or whatever but your still a salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMom;3855784;
    I completely agree with this. I don't understand all the Melissa bashing still! She came out and gave a completely honest interview, one that we all knew what was going on behind the scenes. She got wrapped up in the show just like everyone else. Who wouldn't want the guy to pick them at the end whether you really like him or not? I wouldn't want to look like a "loser" on national TV.
    I was not a huge fan of either Molly or Mel on Jason's season ... but then I wasn't a big fan of Jason either (on Deanna's season or his own) ... so I think I was able to keep things in perspective when watching the show ...

Just in response to the bolded because the Mel defenders vs. haters seem to be coming out again after her interview last night. While what she said was not the most diplomatic, I do think she was telling the truth...and isn't that what we all want? HOWEVER, I don't think when she was talking about Jason being someone she would not find attractive in real life, or it being a competition and wanting to win, it was something she was thinking while ON the show. My impression was that this was something she came to appreciate once off the show and realized that she got WRAPPED UP IN THE SHOW and had been manipulated ... as others before and since have admitted ... hence the low success rate of the show.

Overall, I enjoyed the show and having them confirm what we here at FORT have known all along.

Loved seeing Merri, Andrew, Brad, Jerry, Charlie and Sarah. Not so much Jake and V. Looking forward to Ali. I think she has the potential to be a really fun bacholerette ... too bad they couldn't have brought Reid back for her like they did with Mary for Byron ... on second thought, I take that back since look how that turned out!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3855823;
    I'm quite sure that if Shayne had been asked to make an appearance on last night's show, she would have sold her soul to get more air time. Biggest. Fakest. Fame. Whore. Ever! That entire season was so COMPLETELY fabricated and contrived, I'm still annoyed that I wasted my time watching it. That was the furthest thing from reality I've ever seen in my life! Fleiss was doing Shayne's daddy a big favor by putting her on that show. The outcome was predetermined before the show ever started filming. I'm not sure why Shayne wasn't featured more on last night's show, but I, for one, was happy to not have to watch her being shoved in our faces for one minute longer. Shades of Paris Hilton!
    I found it obvious why they didn't put Shane on the show (because I agree that she would have loved to have been). That whole season was scripted, so what exactly could she have discussed/revealed that would not have given that all away and angered the viewers who still don't understand the degree of manipulation? Notice that Matt was only shown talking about a safe topic like his dental work. I don't think they wanted to reference much that happened on that season at all (with the exception of Stacy and her panties, which was too good to pass up).

Closed Thread