Closed Thread
Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Travis pretty much did the Brad thing but he had a side deal with Sarah so he could walk away having made a choice and be able to part ways immediately.
    I'm still not impressed with Brad. He could have spared one woman the ultimate FRC heartache and public humiliation if he would have made a similar off camera arrangement.

I loved seeing Jerry Ferris again!
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-16-2010 at 01:54 PM.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3855772;
    No wonder they featured this chick as a "successful" blogger (I read all the good blogs and never heard of her before).
    I went to her link and every sappy word sounded like it was written by the PR department at ABC. All the couples were sweet, adorable, romantic, enchanting - I honestly couldn't make it through the whole deal without barfing but I did get to the part where she said that Jake and Vienna were the most perfect couple ever (paraphrasing). I'm not kidding, it was sickening - who would write such dribble?
    Clearly, they had to search far and wide to advertise the ONE blogger in the entire world who doesn't make fun of the show.
    If you want to read a great Bachelor blog, honest and very funny, and a lot shorter than RS, read Lincee Ray "Ihategreenbeans."
    I'm appalled that ABC put this loser Stacey on TV - they never stop manipulating.

In Brad’s defense, by the time he realized he wouldn’t be making a F1 choice it was too late. Travis checked out before F4 when he was able to decide who default would be and get that agreement. Brad has said time and again that he had wanted to get there, but it just didn’t happen. In the end he made the right choice for him whether or not the viewers liked it.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855793;
    No wonder they featured this chick as a "successful" blogger (I read all the good blogs and never heard of her before).
    I went to her link and every sappy word sounded like it was written by the PR department at ABC. All the couples were sweet, adorable, romantic, enchanting - I honestly couldn't make it through the whole deal without barfing but I did get to the part where she said that Jake and Vienna were the most perfect couple ever (paraphrasing). I'm not kidding, it was sickening - who would write such dribble?
    Clearly, they had to search far and wide to advertise the ONE blogger in the entire world who doesn't make fun of the show.
    If you want to read a great Bachelor blog, honest and very funny, and a lot shorter than RS, read Lincee Ray "Ihategreenbeans."
    I'm appalled that ABC put this loser Stacey on TV - they never stop manipulating.

thanks for the heads up - I'll stay away.

I wanna know if any of the 'fans' featured on last night's show are FORTers or JUs? Anyone?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by drme;3855774;
    Putting all real deep level stuff aside, Melissa doesn't have to get over it. That does not make her a bad person. She doesn't have to have the desire to wish Jason and Molly well. Melissa was hurt --public broadcast. She did not want this--she could be happy about her life today--that does not mean that she should accept people that think it is ok to be cruel.
    Obviously Jason, but also Molly knew exactly what was going on. Jason got it for what he did. But people saying "why all the Molly bashing? Bashing is not good, discussing is. Come on--Molly you knew exactly what was taking place, you were secretly talking to Jason, you knew what was happening, what was going to happen.
    Kissing him a second after something crazy just happened--come on--this was not a surprise. Furthermore, I think it says a lot about the type of person Molly is.
    Melissa played the game and she played it well......got her what she wanted. Like most big mouths they keep telling off on themselves the more they talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3855694;
    I'm a bit amused at US! We wanted to hear the hard hitting stuff that WE here already knew - we just wanted them to admit it - but then when we heard it, we are outraged!!

We've talked about it is basically a competition. We have said that the Bach/ette leads on the contenders. We have said that they are in a bubble, "in the moment", that there's no way they can possibly know the person, let alone truly "love" the person in 6 weeks, and we even talked about the fact that inside info told us that the married Fleiss made out with some of the bachettes at the WTA.

Yet, although we have talked about all of this stuff - some of it many times, when we hear it said right out on tv, we are affronted! Y'all this is old news. It is good to hear it actually confirmed,but it is not anything new. Ok, we had to read between the lines with Fleiss last night, but that wasn't very hard, was it??

Now, we wanted hardhitting, and we got it on some of the segments. Certainly, the segment on Byron and Mary was hardhitting enough. He almost tried to play down 5 years of a relationship, and it was obvious she won't be over it for a long, long time.

The segment with Melissa was brutally honest as well. She gave the average viewer insight that at times did not make her look well, but it gave a very good overall picture of what happened in that situation. How do contestants get "caught up" in the whole experience? How and why do they vie for someone that would not interest them otherwise? How did that whole thing really come down? What was her actual relationship with Ty - which has been the conjecture of so many? Finally, how does Melissa really feel about it now?
    It was at times a brutally frank and honest interview that I think answered the questions that many had.
    Excellent post. In thinking about just how important creating a spirit of competition is for the the producers, imagine how different the show would be if contestants were not "Stockholm Syndromed" and encouraged/manipulated to stay and compete for the affections of one person, who in reality couldn't possibly be that appealing to all of them. At every rose ceremony, a few would ask to leave due to lack of interest in the lead, and the illusion of TB as some romantic ideal of male or female pulchritude would be shattered. On shows like Flavor of Love, everyone knows that the women have no interest in the disgusting Flava Flav and are only in it for exposure and cash, but The Bachelor franchise is still supposed to be based on the fantasy of true love and idealized romance, even if it has gotten sleazier in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3855283;
    Yeah it's good to see our Reid again..
    They said Jake was not their first choice. DUH! Fleiss said they tried to get Reid. They said Jake won out because he was so sincere about finding someone. Are you kidding me? I thought so too at first, but not now and he is totally not the nice "spiritual" guy we thought he was. His ending up with V says it all!

FORT Regular

I would've like to seen where more of the F1s (that have since broken up) and F2s are now. It was good seeing Estella, but I would love to know where Kelli Jo is now. She was my favorite contestant ever on the Bachelor side, I think. I also liked Sarah and Moana from Travis's season.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855793;
    Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm amazed she wants to be a writer. She's not a very good one and is completely oblivious to the reality of the Bachelor. Lincee and Barbarossa to me run circles around this girl. Talk about manipulation, the most famous and controversial Bachelor blogger, RS, and not a mention about him in this whole 20/20 investigative reporting about The Bachelor, Behind the Scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3855761;
    I would have liked to see a special segment for ALL the F1s ... featuring Shayne Lamas ... sharing their experiences and why it didn't work out afterwards. I wonder if Shayne wasn't asked, or if she didn't want to be on the show.
    I also missed some of the part with Reid. Did he have anything to say about how much of his return for the FRC was producer-assisted or scripted?
    I'm quite sure that if Shayne had been asked to make an appearance on last night's show, she would have sold her soul to get more air time. Biggest. Fakest. Fame. Whore. Ever! That entire season was so COMPLETELY fabricated and contrived, I'm still annoyed that I wasted my time watching it. That was the furthest thing from reality I've ever seen in my life! Fleiss was doing Shayne's daddy a big favor by putting her on that show. The outcome was predetermined before the show ever started filming. I'm not sure why Shayne wasn't featured more on last night's show, but I, for one, was happy to not have to watch her being shoved in our faces for one minute longer. Shades of Paris Hilton!

Closed Thread