Closed Thread
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3855732;
    WTA = Women Tell All

OH!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3855690;
    I'd like to know exactly how much prodding goes on by the producers when the contestants are off camera. THAT would be really interesting! Do they urge them to drink more, act flirty, hand out roses to contestants who are particularly "interesting" or controversial just to drag out their interest factor? Maybe they tell the contestants to act more interested than they truly are in people just to keep the suspense factor in gear. Are the contestants allowed to say, "I love you" to anyone, or is that not allowed because it will give the ending away too soon? What are the rules that the contestants must abide by that the audience is not privvy to?

And I want to know how they learn to be so persuasive! Why do all the Bach & Bachettes do as they are told? I can't get anybody to do anything I say - sniff!

FORT Fogey

I would have liked to see a special segment for ALL the F1s ... featuring Shayne Lamas ... sharing their experiences and why it didn't work out afterwards. I wonder if Shayne wasn't asked, or if she didn't want to be on the show.

I also missed some of the part with Reid. Did he have anything to say about how much of his return for the FRC was producer-assisted or scripted?

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3855686;
    I was under the impression that the 20/20 show would be a real "behind the scenes" expose on what REALLY goes on during taping. Instead, it was more of a "where are they now" type of show. Although we were shown some of the rooms of the mansion that we're not usually privvy to, I was more interested in some of the interpersonal and technical aspects of the show, i.e., how many cameramen are in the room with them at a time, are there fixed, stationary cameras and mics in every room (except those rooms where the contestants know they are absolutely away from all cameras like the master bathroom), how do they spend their time when they're not being filmed, what sorts of friendships formed, behind-the-scenes cat fights, how many crew members are available to help with wardrobe, hair, makeup, laundry, cooking, personal issues, etc. To me, that information would have been the real "meat" of the show. Are the camera crew and/or producers allowed to speak to the contestants (besides the Rozlyn incident)? Do they mix and mingle? Eat together? Who makes up and arranges all the dates? To watch the show, one would almost think it was the Bachelor or 'ette who was arranging these helicopter rides and concert-in-the-park dates, which hardly seems possible considering they have no phones or computers available to them. How much input does the Bachelor/ette have on these dates? I have heard that the taping for the rose ceremonies goes way into the early morning, with many retakes -- is that true? I have also heard that very little food is offered, but LOTS of alcohol is pushed on the contestants when they first meet each other, as well as rose ceremony nights. I would have liked to have heard the REAL dirt on what goes on behind the scenes, not just the bits and pieces that Fleiss was willing to share with us. Are any of the wardrobes provided for the contestants, either during or before the show? If the show extends over 2 months of time, each girl would need to pack at least 8 gowns for just the rose ceremonies alone (assuming they keep getting roses), plus all of the clothes for their day-to-day activities. Seems like a LOT of clothing and personal belongings need to be packed, yet they always show them walking away with just 1-2 suitcases when they're booted off.

Speaking of Fleiss, he definitely needs to see a dentist. Funny that he was taking pot-shots at British people's dental hygiene while he looks as though he hasn't seen a toothbrush or floss in years.

Of course, we all knew they were going to do a fluff piece. However, I think they could have answered a lot of your questions, without making them look like the scheming, conniving people that they are...just leave the stuff out about the manipulations.

BTW, I'm still having trouble getting Fleiss's face out of my mind's eye! I've seen pictures of him before, but to "see" him and "hear" him is quite another story. It should have come with some kind of warning! Just a little something before Fleiss came on the screen..."What you are about to see and hear is not for the weak-stomached (or for those of you who frequently turn scary daytime visuals into extreme nightmares)!

FORT Fogey

At the beginning of the segment there was a "fan" named Stacey who has started a blog. Does anyone know the name of her blog? It has over 150,000 hits.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3855761;
    I would have liked to see a special segment for ALL the F1s ... featuring Shayne Lamas ... sharing their experiences and why it didn't work out afterwards. I wonder if Shayne wasn't asked, or if she didn't want to be on the show.

Shayne was another one that was rumored to be a ruse...her dad being buddies with Frankenfleiss and Shayne to be chosen if Matt didn't find anybody. I don't know if that was ever confirmed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly;3855767;
    Shayne was another one that was rumored to be a ruse...her dad being buddies with Frankenfleiss and Shayne to be chosen if Matt didn't find anybody. I don't know if that was ever confirmed.
    It seemed a setup, scripted for most of the show, that he would pick her. That's why I would have liked to see her on the 20/20 show ... she seems outspoken, so possibly she would have told the truth, at least some version of it. Plus, it might have been funny, her explaining why it didn't work out between them.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3855764;
    At the beginning of the segment there was a "fan" named Stacey who has started a blog. Does anyone know the name of her blog? It has over 150,000 hits.
    Here it is I Love The Bachelor/Bachelorette Blog

FORT Newbie

Putting all real deep level stuff aside, Melissa doesn't have to get over it. That does not make her a bad person. She doesn't have to have the desire to wish Jason and Molly well. Melissa was hurt --public broadcast. She did not want this--she could be happy about her life today--that does not mean that she should accept people that think it is ok to be cruel.
    Obviously Jason, but also Molly knew exactly what was going on. Jason got it for what he did. But people saying "why all the Molly bashing? Bashing is not good, discussing is. Come on--Molly you knew exactly what was taking place, you were secretly talking to Jason, you knew what was happening, what was going to happen.
    Kissing him a second after something crazy just happened--come on--this was not a surprise. Furthermore, I think it says a lot about the type of person Molly is.
    Last edited by drme; 03-16-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drme;3855774;
    Putting all real deep level stuff aside, Melissa doesn't have to get over it. That does not make her a bad person. She doesn't have to have the desire to wish Jason and Molly well. Melissa was hurt --public broadcast. She did not want this--she could be happy about her life today--that does not mean that she should accept people that think it is ok to be cruel.
    Obviously Jason, but also Molly knew exactly what was going on. Jason got it for what he did. But people saying "why all the Molly bashing? Bashing is not good, discussing is. Come on--Molly you knew exactly what was taking place, you were secretly talking to Jason, you knew what was happening, what was going to happen.
    Kissing him a second after something crazy just happened--come on--this was not a surprise. Furthermore, I think it says a lot about the type of person Molly is.
    I completely agree with this. I don't understand all the Melissa bashing still! She came out and gave a completely honest interview, one that we all knew what was going on behind the scenes. She got wrapped up in the show just like everyone else. Who wouldn't want the guy to pick them at the end whether you really like him or not? I wouldn't want to look like a "loser" on national TV.

Closed Thread