Closed Thread
Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3855651;
    I was pleasantly surprised by the show last night. It was very well done and unlike the Bachelor, they didn't let it be overtaken by the drama queens/villains. Loved seeing Meredith, Jerry, Jevan, Tanya, Peyton, & Andrew. Not so much Byron/Mary, J/V, and Reid. Interesting to see the parts filmed in the mansion. I thought Melissa did very well until her own interview. She ended up coming across as bitter and ungracious. It wasn't really necessary to say she'd never have been attracted to Jason off the show even if it were true. It's pretty obvious she came onto the show already in love with someone. She's also benefited more than anyone for being dumped on national tv so she should move on.

Now the viewers know like we do how evil Fleiss is, lol.

Loved seeing Ali and the bachelor picking process for her show. Can't wait!

I found this comment was more like 'reading between the lines' (and there were a couple of them). It really pointed out how much this show is about competition - getting to the next level, getting the next rose and being a victim of Stockholm syndrome. HOw many times has it been posted that there's no way so and so would be attracted this is person in the real world - A LOT - she's got balls for saying it on tv.

For FORTers if you really listen to what was said by Melissa, Brad, MF and Martin you can hear the manipulation in there and what makes for good tv.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly;3855679;
    Frankenfleiss...I like that name!

I was glad to see Brad admit to leading the girls on and having to do some soul searching after the show. If he is going to claim being honest and true to himself for not proposing, he should also have had the b***s to not lead the girls on in such a big way.
    But, in his defense, since we see this every season (so that the viewers are in the dark and keep tuning in, and so we'll see heartbreak from the rejected one) I really think that the producers pretty much require the Bach/ette to lead the final two on....don't you think? And of course the Bach/ette can never spill the beans on that.

I would've loved for Reid to go on record as to why he turned it down.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by When_in_Rome;3855682;
    But, in his defense, since we see this every season (so that the viewers are in the dark and keep tuning in, and so we'll see heartbreak from the rejected one) I really think that the producers pretty much require the Bach/ette to lead the final two on....don't you think? And of course the Bach/ette can never spill the beans on that.

Yes, you are correct. I know they are urged by the producers to be misleading. The very, very, very few, who truly manage to maintain their integrity on the show are the ones I admire most. Many who say, "no" to the producers are gone quickly, too!

I was under the impression that the 20/20 show would be a real "behind the scenes" expose on what REALLY goes on during taping. Instead, it was more of a "where are they now" type of show. Although we were shown some of the rooms of the mansion that we're not usually privvy to, I was more interested in some of the interpersonal and technical aspects of the show, i.e., how many cameramen are in the room with them at a time, are there fixed, stationary cameras and mics in every room (except those rooms where the contestants know they are absolutely away from all cameras like the master bathroom), how do they spend their time when they're not being filmed, what sorts of friendships formed, behind-the-scenes cat fights, how many crew members are available to help with wardrobe, hair, makeup, laundry, cooking, personal issues, etc. To me, that information would have been the real "meat" of the show. Are the camera crew and/or producers allowed to speak to the contestants (besides the Rozlyn incident)? Do they mix and mingle? Eat together? Who makes up and arranges all the dates? To watch the show, one would almost think it was the Bachelor or 'ette who was arranging these helicopter rides and concert-in-the-park dates, which hardly seems possible considering they have no phones or computers available to them. How much input does the Bachelor/ette have on these dates? I have heard that the taping for the rose ceremonies goes way into the early morning, with many retakes -- is that true? I have also heard that very little food is offered, but LOTS of alcohol is pushed on the contestants when they first meet each other, as well as rose ceremony nights. I would have liked to have heard the REAL dirt on what goes on behind the scenes, not just the bits and pieces that Fleiss was willing to share with us. Are any of the wardrobes provided for the contestants, either during or before the show? If the show extends over 2 months of time, each girl would need to pack at least 8 gowns for just the rose ceremonies alone (assuming they keep getting roses), plus all of the clothes for their day-to-day activities. Seems like a LOT of clothing and personal belongings need to be packed, yet they always show them walking away with just 1-2 suitcases when they're booted off.

Speaking of Fleiss, he definitely needs to see a dentist. Funny that he was taking pot-shots at British people's dental hygiene while he looks as though he hasn't seen a toothbrush or floss in years.

Quote Originally Posted by When_in_Rome;3855682;

Travis pretty much did the Brad thing but he had a side deal with Sarah so he could walk away having made a choice and be able to part ways immediately. Brad said they were pressuring him to choose someone (because they'd flown Deanna's father out) up until 5 hrs before and he still hadn't told them he wouldn't be.

That was a bad deal all around, but I highly respected him for not leading anyone on any longer than the show mandated.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3855681;
    I found this comment was more like 'reading between the lines' (and there were a couple of them). It really pointed out how much this show is about competition - getting to the next level, getting the next rose and being a victim of Stockholm syndrome. HOw many times has it been posted that there's no way so and so would be attracted this is person in the real world - A LOT - she's got balls for saying it on tv.

For FORTers if you really listen to what was said by Melissa, Brad, MF and Martin you can hear the manipulation in there and what makes for good tv.

Totally agree with you!!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3855264;
    Watching Brad ............he is still the same guy, seems the show didn't change him much...........stayed true to who he is, good to see that. Did Deahna blink a lot around Brad, can't remember.
    LOL, yes Deanna did blink a whole lot on Brad's season and it was frequently discussed. I didn't get to watch last night Was she still constantly blinking, if so that girl needs to wear glasses!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly;3855679;
    Frankenfleiss...I like that name!

I was glad to see Brad admit to leading the girls on and having to do some soul searching after the show. If he is going to claim being honest and true to himself for not proposing, he should also have had the b***s to not lead the girls on in such a big way.
    I'd like to know exactly how much prodding goes on by the producers when the contestants are off camera. THAT would be really interesting! Do they urge them to drink more, act flirty, hand out roses to contestants who are particularly "interesting" or controversial just to drag out their interest factor? Maybe they tell the contestants to act more interested than they truly are in people just to keep the suspense factor in gear. Are the contestants allowed to say, "I love you" to anyone, or is that not allowed because it will give the ending away too soon? What are the rules that the contestants must abide by that the audience is not privvy to?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3855681;

I'm a bit amused at US! We wanted to hear the hard hitting stuff that WE here already knew - we just wanted them to admit it - but then when we heard it, we are outraged!!

We've talked about it is basically a competition. We have said that the Bach/ette leads on the contenders. We have said that they are in a bubble, "in the moment", that there's no way they can possibly know the person, let alone truly "love" the person in 6 weeks, and we even talked about the fact that inside info told us that the married Fleiss made out with some of the bachettes at the WTA.

Yet, although we have talked about all of this stuff - some of it many times, when we hear it said right out on tv, we are affronted! Y'all this is old news. It is good to hear it actually confirmed,but it is not anything new. Ok, we had to read between the lines with Fleiss last night, but that wasn't very hard, was it??

Now, we wanted hardhitting, and we got it on some of the segments. Certainly, the segment on Byron and Mary was hardhitting enough. He almost tried to play down 5 years of a relationship, and it was obvious she won't be over it for a long, long time.

The segment with Melissa was brutally honest as well. She gave the average viewer insight that at times did not make her look well, but it gave a very good overall picture of what happened in that situation. How do contestants get "caught up" in the whole experience? How and why do they vie for someone that would not interest them otherwise? How did that whole thing really come down? What was her actual relationship with Ty - which has been the conjecture of so many? Finally, how does Melissa really feel about it now?
    It was at times a brutally frank and honest interview that I think answered the questions that many had.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Closed Thread