Closed Thread
Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

I fault both Melissa & Jason almost equally. I do give Melissa kudos for at least being honest last night, however it did struck me a quite selfish that she realized from the start she wasn't attracted to Jason and he isn't someone she would have dated in the real world, yet she stuck with it to "win". She admits she didn't even know 5 things about him at the stage that they go engaged. Why was she not asking him questions or getting to know him? Remember Molly had that list of questions for Jason in NZ, I thought that was cute. I think especially when there's a kid involved, going into the show the contestants have to tell themselves (unless they're completely naive) that they will have to "check" themselves throughout and not get absorbed by the situation. I remember Jill in an interview from Hawaii saying she had to try really hard to lock herself into a dark hotel room and think hard about which one she actually sees herself with in the real world, in 50 years from now, etc.

When I think back to when Jason broke up with Melissa, she made statements like "you never even tried to make it work, you didn't fight for Melissa, etc". Now this might have just been a defense mechanism, but clearly she didn't want to make it work either, she said herself she didn't even feel like calling him, had nothing in common or to say, etc.

Now on Jason's side, he's an idiot for not seeing plain a day that she wouldn't sincerely be interested in him in the real world, that their lives were way too different, that they had nothing in common, that she didn't bother to get to know him like Molly had. But hey, since when are guys great decision makers when it comes to picking between the hot cheerleader and "real" girl?

I don't get all the MOlly bashing - don't really see what she did wrong in all of this.

THat's my view of that.

Besides that, sad that I missed the segments on Jerry & Meredith.

So happy to see Reid happy! =) for the person who posted that they're disappointed because his girlfriend doesn't seem very bright, I don't really get that. To become Miss USA she can't really be that stupid...and if you follow her at all, she seems like a great, positive, beautiful person, and does SO much charity work (I know that's part of being miss USA, but still amazing)

I did not watch too much of last night ... DH was giving me weird looks.
    Everything I saw scared me.
    At first I thought "how nice to see Stephanie again" then BAM the images of Jake and Vienna's mud wrestling and MF's ugly mug. DONE!
    That being said I wish I would have seen Andrew, Meredith, Reid and Ali. Will have to watch in fast forward mode.
    Melissa was a victim of Fleiss but I think ABC has more than repaid her.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Did anyone get a SC of Jerry and his gf? She reminded me of Vienna with dark hair. Poor girl. But it might have been the smile that was similar. And that is one asset I feel Vienna does have - a great smile. Ditto for Jerry's gf.

Add me to the list of people who are sick of seeing Jake and Vienna.

I was never a fan of Byron's. But I liked him even less last night. I don't know how innocent Mary is in all this, but Byron seemed like a cad to be talking about her like he was. He even seemed to act like they only dated a few months after the show - like their relationship was very casual.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3855254;
    Would you please share where you hear and see Reid? I actually seek out information on Reid and am disappointed in not finding much. TIA
    I'd like to know that as well......I search the web all the time to see if I can find any information on Reid. He is really good at keeping out of the public eye. I, for one, absolutely love Reid! I was also surprised that they admitted on the show that Reid was the first choice for TB this season. I think Jake got it by default because I think Kiptyn would have been the 2nd choice and he turned it down also.
    Last edited by clfflorida; 03-16-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855480;
    I just watched the show and there is very little I remember about it, because it wasn't really news. It was a big friendly reunion.
    What I do recall, and nobody has to agree with me, but here goes:
    a) I liked Melissa's interview. I thought it was honest and explained a lot.
    b) Andrew Firestone now has what appears to be the most perfect wife ever. Wow, she is very beautiful AND sweet.
    c) We all know that Frankenfleiss is gross both in appearance and speech, but he also doesn't care enough to lie about his evil motives.
    d) Did someone up thread actually say that Martin Hilton was HOT? Some remark about his sexy eyes. They were kidding, right?
    e) I think DeAnna made up with Brad because Brad has become WAY more popular than her. People have come to see him as a man of integrity. So NOW she says she admires him. Sort of missed that sentiment throughout her entire season of the B'ette.
    f) Blob still seems like a loser.
    g) I've got to say it again, when all the dust settles the one with the long term career is Jesse Palmer, not the greatest Bachelor but the best color commentator in all of college football.h) I couldn't bear to watch Jake and Vienna. I went to feed the cats, and I don't really like cats.
    I completely agree with you sdl...especially Jesse Palmer. I watch college football and can't believe how good he is.
    And Deanna, Jake, Vienna.....GO AWAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3855410;

What is MF's story? How old is he? And what's the status of his 'love life'?
    He's a jerk!!!
    He has bedded more bachelorettes than any bachelor. Stay away from drugs and alcohol around him so you can just say "NO!" to him, bachelorettes.

I was surprised how young Marty Hilton looked. He is the one that screams at the contestants after the show when they write too many secrets in their blogs or do interviews that are not approved. He threatens them with lawsuits to take them for every penny. Has not happened yet. Keep leaking guys and gals.

I might have been the only one that thought the show was a total snooze-fest. It is too bad that they did not report what they really knew about the show.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855480;
    I just watched the show and there is very little I remember about it, because it wasn't really news. It was a big friendly reunion.
    What I do recall, and nobody has to agree with me, but here goes:
    a) I liked Melissa's interview. I thought it was honest and explained a lot.
    b) Andrew Firestone now has what appears to be the most perfect wife ever. Wow, she is very beautiful AND sweet.
    c) We all know that Frankenfleiss is gross both in appearance and speech, but he also doesn't care enough to lie about his evil motives.
    d) Did someone up thread actually say that Martin Hilton was HOT? Some remark about his sexy eyes. They were kidding, right?
    e) I think DeAnna made up with Brad because Brad has become WAY more popular than her. People have come to see him as a man of integrity. So NOW she says she admires him. Sort of missed that sentiment throughout her entire season of the B'ette.
    f) Blob still seems like a loser.
    g) I've got to say it again, when all the dust settles the one with the long term career is Jesse Palmer, not the greatest Bachelor but the best color commentator in all of college football.
    h) I couldn't bear to watch Jake and Vienna. I went to feed the cats, and I don't really like cats.
    MIKE FLIESS is SCARY

He looks like something out of a horror movie!

Frankenfliess is too kind.. He needs to take some of that money he makes and go visit Dr. 90210...

I was pleasantly surprised by the show last night. It was very well done and unlike the Bachelor, they didn't let it be overtaken by the drama queens/villains. Loved seeing Meredith, Jerry, Jevan, Tanya, Peyton, & Andrew. Not so much Byron/Mary, J/V, and Reid. Interesting to see the parts filmed in the mansion. I thought Melissa did very well until her own interview. She ended up coming across as bitter and ungracious. It wasn't really necessary to say she'd never have been attracted to Jason off the show even if it were true. It's pretty obvious she came onto the show already in love with someone. She's also benefited more than anyone for being dumped on national tv so she should move on.

Now the viewers know like we do how evil Fleiss is, lol.

Loved seeing Ali and the bachelor picking process for her show. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3855317;
    Fleiss said that Blob slept with 5 of them. Meredith strongly intimated that he never saw her without clothes, and Estelle said she didn't sleep with him. That leaves 2 out of the F4 left.
    Not to make too fine of a point here, but just WHEN did Blob have the opportunity to sleep with the other 3... or was it 3 and 1/2?
    Perhaps the 5 1/2 was not inclusive of just the bachelorettes, rather production staffers and such.

It is possible that the show writers get their ideas for their (made up) storylines from past seasons.
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 03-16-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3855348;
    Frustrated is the word I would attach to DeAnna.
    Brad took the high road and chose no one. DeAnna settled and looks the worse for it now.
    Others (Melissa Rycroft, Jesse Palmer, Dr. Travis Stork) have gotten better opportunities and become more famous from their stint on this show than DeAnna has.
    Some (Andrew Firestone, Meredith, many others) have gone on and found real happiness outside the show. DeAnna feels the need to announce each and every new relationship as "THE ONE" to the world. Who is she trying to convince?
    All in all, lots of others appear to have gone on to be happier, more successful, better off than DeAnna. She really really really really really wants to be famous.
    Frustrated, I think.
    PERFECT WORD. THANKS FOR THE ASSIST

Closed Thread