Closed Thread
Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

FORT Newbie

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3855432;
    Really? I think Jason and Molly have taken enough abuse and they've been very graceful recieving that abuse. They seem completely over his season and have moved on. Melissa on the other hand, I think plays the victim card. When you're really over someone or a "horrific" situation, you really can just let go and most rational people can actually wish that person who hurt them, well. At least to the best of their ability. Have you studied rape/incest/abusive relationships? Those who have healed, don't re-hash the past at every opportunity, they move on and continue to heal.

Why couldn't she have said something like, "you know, i'm not close to jason and molly and will never be, but i'm in a great place in my life and I don't hold grudges anymore because I've moved on, we've all moved on." Now that's a mature person who's able to reflect outside of their "feelings".

Truthfully, she would not have the tv success she does now without being the rejected girl from his season. When you're self reflective, you get the big picture, every piece of the puzzle, and you're grateful for it.

There are some who feel that they must speak the truth ON PRINCIPLE. And she gave her account of what occurred, realizing that some fans did not know the truth. Why try to spare Jason's or Molly's feelings? Remember, the truth shall set "you" free, so maybe this is a step to complete closure for her. She got it all out and, so, she can close that chapter of her life. Again, unless you've walked in her shoes, you cannot judge her by what she should or shouldn't have said.

Also, she has had tv opportunities. I won't call them successes. She didn't even land the co-host gig for DWTS. Again, it is MY opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3855356;
    There's been nothing from any of the seasons but Andy's, Jason's and Jillian's season.

I saw some of Merideth's in French on youtube...really funny.
    That's to bad. And you watched some of Merideth in French? Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3855365;

ETA: And any guy who calls you a 'sidekick' who you've spent years of your life with is a jerk.
    Nah if he treats her like a sidekick then he is a jerk. But if that is how it feels and looks to him then there is something wrong and he is gonna have to have a serious talk with her.

Wow. Mary Delgado had a great plastic surgeon. She looks really lovely. I still think she's trailer trash though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3855372;
    DeAnna had a lot of sympathy after the Brad fiasco
    I was doing so well not watching the Bachelor anymore.. I was free! But then I did a stupid thing!!! I watched after the final rose!!! I think I saw on ET they were talking about Brad and Deanna and what he did. Then decided to watch the final rose! BAH! Deanna was so upset and told Brad off. I felt sorry for Deanna and was angry at Brad. Then I found out Deanna is going to be the Bachelorette! So I had to watch it!! Now I am stuck!!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3855441;
    I think Melissa made almost that exact statement (the bolded) tonight. She gets it.

I don't think I've ever heard Melissa talk about her experience except to answer a pointed question about it in a situation such as tonight. In fact, she has turned down opportunities that others would have grabbed and run with.

I think Melissa is way over it all, has moved on and is happy. I'm happy for her.
    I just watched the show and there is very little I remember about it, because it wasn't really news. It was a big friendly reunion.
    What I do recall, and nobody has to agree with me, but here goes:
    a) I liked Melissa's interview. I thought it was honest and explained a lot.
    b) Andrew Firestone now has what appears to be the most perfect wife ever. Wow, she is very beautiful AND sweet.
    c) We all know that Frankenfleiss is gross both in appearance and speech, but he also doesn't care enough to lie about his evil motives.
    d) Did someone up thread actually say that Martin Hilton was HOT? Some remark about his sexy eyes. They were kidding, right?
    e) I think DeAnna made up with Brad because Brad has become WAY more popular than her. People have come to see him as a man of integrity. So NOW she says she admires him. Sort of missed that sentiment throughout her entire season of the B'ette.
    f) Blob still seems like a loser.
    g) I've got to say it again, when all the dust settles the one with the long term career is Jesse Palmer, not the greatest Bachelor but the best color commentator in all of college football.
    h) I couldn't bear to watch Jake and Vienna. I went to feed the cats, and I don't really like cats.

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7;3855271;
    Tired of hearing about poor Melissa being lied to. She admits going on the show just to win & she really just got caught up in the moment. What she really means is she was looking for fame & got it. Glad Jason dumped her & found true love with Molly. And yes it all belonged on TV where it all started.
    I am glad that both she and Jason found what they were looking for. I wish Melissa all the best, but I have to admit, I do find her really annoying.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3855469;
    Wow. Mary Delgado had a great plastic surgeon. She looks really lovely. I still think she's trailer trash though.
    She should consider rooming with Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3855260;
    The point of the whole wrongness about the Jason and Melissa televised "breakup" wasn't that she or anyone else didn't know the breakup had already happened, it was about her being lied to as to what was going to happen on TV and the switching to Molly at the same time. I don't understand why people don't see that it was wrong of all who knew what was really going to take place and not telling her.
    Like it was pointed out tonight... this is reality tv, if they can get it on camera, they're going to do it... it's just like the FRC, IMO - the F2 feels betrayed and led on (they sure don't get a headsup that they're not getting chosen), it's the nature of the beast, unfortunately, and the "unknown" happens to the majority... it's what makes for good reality tv. Melissa's pride (not her heart) was hurt...that's all. She just admitted what many have always believed, that she knew it was over, wasn't interested in him either, very mutual as she was only in it for the win and he realized once the cameras were off of them... so why did she care that he was still interested in Molly? Sorry, but in my opinion, Melissa acted like a child having a tantrum. Gracious behaviour would be saying, "you know what Jason, go for it, it wasn't right for us but maybe Molly is the girl for you after all" I didn't like the girl on the show, and still don't care for her
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Along for the ride PotstickersRgud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3855489;
    Like it was pointed out tonight... this is reality tv, if they can get it on camera, they're going to do it... it's just like the FRC, IMO - the F2 feels betrayed and led on (they sure don't get a headsup that they're not getting chosen), it's the nature of the beast, unfortunately, and the "unknown" happens to the majority... it's what makes for good reality tv. Melissa's pride (not her heart) was hurt...that's all. She just admitted what many have always believed, that she knew it was over, wasn't interested in him either, very mutual as she was only in it for the win and he realized once the cameras were off of them... so why did she care that he was still interested in Molly? Sorry, but in my opinion, Melissa acted like a child having a tantrum. Gracious behaviour would be saying, "you know what Jason, go for it, it wasn't right for us but maybe Molly is the girl for you after all" I didn't like the girl on the show, and still don't care for her
    But if that had happened, she wouldn't have the career she has today.
    It was to her advantage to have a "broken heart".

Closed Thread