Closed Thread
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3855421;
    Yeah, that was funny! Reminds me of when he said, "Check, please!" He is one in a million...a manly man, that's gorgeous, but is also sensitive and can write poetry...you don't find that very often!
    I forgot about that. That was a great moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Undefined;3855409;

Actually, during that season, Molly treated it like a competition, just as Vienna did this past season. [mod edit]

Jason and Molly deserve each other. Hopefully, they will be able to keep up the charade for long time. Just like Jake & Vienna, they have to continue to try to convince John Q public that they are for real and Jason made the right decision. Yeah, right!! And that is MY opinion.
    Really? I think Jason and Molly have taken enough abuse and they've been very graceful recieving that abuse. They seem completely over his season and have moved on. Melissa on the other hand, I think plays the victim card. When you're really over someone or a "horrific" situation, you really can just let go and most rational people can actually wish that person who hurt them, well. At least to the best of their ability. Have you studied rape/incest/abusive relationships? Those who have healed, don't re-hash the past at every opportunity, they move on and continue to heal.

Why couldn't she have said something like, "you know, i'm not close to jason and molly and will never be, but i'm in a great place in my life and I don't hold grudges anymore because I've moved on, we've all moved on." Now that's a mature person who's able to reflect outside of their "feelings".

Truthfully, she would not have the tv success she does now without being the rejected girl from his season. When you're self reflective, you get the big picture, every piece of the puzzle, and you're grateful for it.
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-16-2010 at 02:04 AM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3855417;
    Welcome to the FORT!

I like you already.

Thank you for the welcome. I've been lurking forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855068;
    That was very interesting and thank you for posting the link.
    But there are only two parts that really caught my attention:
    1. When discussing the limos of girls pulling up to the house, Chris Harrison said he offers special encouragement: "I SLAP EACH ONE OF THEM ON THE BUTT, say to GO GET him, and tell them not to let ME down." That is a really classy way to get things started.
    2. So Corey Fetman is the wardrobe consultant who completely designed and outfitted Jake for the show. A complete makeover. Everything was "tailor made" for him to present him at his best.
    Thank you, Corey Fetman, for giving us the special shoes and the blue turtleneck. Your contribution was huge.
    I think he was talking about slapping The Bachelor on the butt as he prepares to greet the girls arriving in the Limos ... saying "go get 'em" as encouragement. Chris sees himself as the coach, maybe ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3855422;
    I think that is a distinct possibility

I'm the only 'spoiled' one in the family though. And of course they all had different opinions from me this season - boy were they surprised
    I'm the only 'spoiled' one at work, and in my family. If I had a group of girls just like me, I'd have bigtime viewing parties, lol. I'm willing to join the 12-step group whenever someone starts it up. My first contibution is to admit that I have a problem. I take the phone off the hook, or mute the ringer, on Monday nights. Don't mess with my Bach/ette life now.

There were so many great moments watching tonight, but I thought we were going to hear from Kelly Jo, my pick for the Blob. I'm actually glad that he didn't choose her now in hindsight. We only heard from Estella? She was funny though, and so was Meredith when she was talking about Bob. It was a great show for Bachelor fans and I'm one of them.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3855432;
    Really? I think Jason and Molly have taken enough abuse and they've been very graceful recieving that abuse. They seem completely over his season and have moved on. Melissa on the other hand, I think plays the victim card. When you're really over someone or a "horrific" situation, you really can just let go and most rational people can actually wish that person who hurt them, well. At least to the best of their ability. Have you studied rape/incest/abusive relationships? Those who have healed, don't re-hash the past at every opportunity, they move on and continue to heal.

Why couldn't she have said something like, "you know, i'm not close to jason and molly and will never be, but i'm in a great place in my life and I don't hold grudges anymore because I've moved on, we've all moved on." Now that's a mature person who's able to reflect outside of their "feelings".

Truthfully, she would not have the tv success she does now without being the rejected girl from his season. When you're self reflective, you get the big picture, every piece of the puzzle, and you're grateful for it.
    I really like Melissa, but I totally agree with you about just wishing them the best and moving on. She did say that she wouldn't be where she is with Tye if it wasn't for Jason, but she does seem to be holding on to the hurt just a little bit.

However, I do think she did a great job. While some find her smile and laugh annoying, I find it infectious. I always want to smile when I see her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3855432;

I think Melissa made almost that exact statement (the bolded) tonight. She gets it.

I don't think I've ever heard Melissa talk about her experience except to answer a pointed question about it in a situation such as tonight. In fact, she has turned down opportunities that others would have grabbed and run with.

I think Melissa is way over it all, has moved on and is happy. I'm happy for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3855421;
    Yeah, that was funny! Reminds me of when he said, "Check, please!" He is one in a million...a manly man, that's gorgeous, but is also sensitive and can write poetry...you don't find that very often!
    That was another great moment, and the one that led me to believe that Ryan would be her choice and not Charlie. Sorry to all the Charlie fans, but I knew on that season that it would be Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefined;3855436;
    Thank you for the welcome. I've been lurking forever!!
    Now that your feet are wet, so to speak, hopefully you'll post more.

I really should go watch the show, instead of staying here with kindred spirits. I'm not leaving yet, though.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3855447;
    That was another great moment, and the one that led me to believe that Ryan would be her choice and not Charlie. Sorry to all the Charlie fans, but I knew on that season that it would be Ryan.
    I remember agonizing over that season!!! I soooo wanted it to be Ryan. My only hope was the fact that they were making it so obvious that it was Charlie that it had to be Ryan. I was so happy for him!

As a side note, I quit work a few years back (well 5 years now) to stay home with my kids, and at my going away party, they photo shopped my face into all these pictures with Ryan. I must say, I really enjoyed being in his arms!

Closed Thread