Closed Thread
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by When_in_Rome;3855342;
    I thought it was a great show - I didn't see it as a puff piece, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it was really part of the 20/20 News department It's just hard for me to believe that ABC, who so carefully controls the Bachelor Show image, would allow Fleiss to appear as a spokesperson. His whole appearance and speech just screams out "creepy" - not Cupid. I've really enjoyed all of the discussion in this forum tonight - I know we all probably need to get a life - but let's wait for a few more seasons, o.k.?

Deal.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

That 20/20 deal had some interesting interviews. I agree that Melissa constantly makes herself the victim and I usually completely stand up for women when it comes to dating in general and, even more specifically, this show. If she didn't want a relationship with Jason after the show either, then she should have wished him well to pursue something with anyone else -- or at the very least, now, should have the perspective to say that. She contradicts herself constantly -- even from one sentence to the next.

I really feel for Mary seeing how hung up on Byron she still is.

Sarah and Charlie are so cute together. Does anyone have an update on when their reality show is set to start? I think it's supposed to be on Oxygen which is probably why ABC didn't mention it.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

i never saw mary but i've heard about her....wasnt' she the one who wanted to have blob's babies???

she seems like the type that needs to be married/have children to be "complete"

FORT Fogey

I was reminded again how irked I felt at watching Andy and Tessa laughing and cuddling in the helicopter as it sat on the runway while Peyton stood out there alone on the runway in the dark.
    Andy looked more like a jerk that night than an officer and a gentleman. The least he could have done was insisted on waiting until the limo picked her up as we have seen in other seasons.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3855360;
    i never saw mary but i've heard about her....wasnt' she the one who wanted to have blob's babies???

Yes, but I didn't watch Bob's season. I saw some of Byron's and really liked Mary.

Maybe she did, but I still like her.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3855358;
    That 20/20 deal had some interesting interviews. I agree that Melissa constantly makes herself the victim and I usually completely stand up for women when it comes to dating in general and, even more specifically, this show. If she didn't want a relationship with Jason after the show either, then she should have wished him well to pursue something with anyone else -- or at the very least, now, should have the perspective to say that. She contradicts herself constantly -- even from one sentence to the next.

I really feel for Mary seeing how hung up on Byron she still is.

Sarah and Charlie are so cute together. Does anyone have an update on when their reality show is set to start? I think it's supposed to be on Oxygen which is probably why ABC didn't mention it.
    OMG, Melissa is totally like that!!!!! She constantly plays the victim card. ANNOYING. I don't understand her tv hype, she's overrated.

Did anyone see the last ten minutes with Ali??? I was not a fan of hers during Jake's season but if her dream guy is the character Tom from 500 days of summer, then I am a new fan!!!!! She really isn't shallow and really does like smart quirky funny guys. The character Tom in the move was adorable. I hope she stays true to hersel and doesn't fall for a meathead!

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3855360;

Yep, Snickers. Mary was on Blob's season and then was also brought into Byron's Bach and he proposed to her. She does seem to potentially have that idea of a relationship. Byron was even suggesting that she gave up her life to be a 'sidekick' to his. But this is where I really have compassion for a woman in that situation because it's probably some deep hurt in her past that isn't allowing her to stand on her own and know that you don't need a guy to 'complete' you.

ETA: And any guy who calls you a 'sidekick' who you've spent years of your life with is a jerk.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

The gist I get is that the show is worth watching. So I'll possibly do that tonight and hope that someone is still up to post about it.

I'm at a disadvantage since I didn't watch the seasons with Ian and Byron (I still confuse the two of them) and other seasons. No, I'm not going to "catch up" by watching all of the seasons. If I ever post that I intend to do that, somebody stop me, please.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3855361;
    I was reminded again how irked I felt at watching Andy and Tessa laughing and cuddling in the helicopter as it sat on the runway while Peyton stood out there alone on the runway in the dark.
    Andy looked more like a jerk that night than an officer and a gentleman. The least he could have done was insisted on waiting until the limo picked her up as we have seen in other seasons.
    I agree. That was the absolute worst rejection scene in this franchise history. It was painful to watch back then, and then we saw it again tonight. I was happy to see her tonight and she was funny talking about it.

I wanted to comment on the Melissa/Jason/Molly thing once more. Someone mentioned, well many did, why we hated what happened to Melissa on TV. We all knew what was going on, but MF, being the pig he is, said himself that they did that for ratings. He said that they didn't care about Melissa, but that they needed to get that raw emotion captured on film. What a class A-a**hole he is.

Remind me again why I love this show. I think the early minutes with the girls watching and the blogger said it best for me. I watch for the diversion and the fellowship. I don't have viewing parties at my house unless you count FORT!

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3855352;
    I only saw the last ten minutes of the 20/20 special but why don't you guys like Deanna? I didn't watch her on Brad's season but I didn't think she was bad when she was the bachelorette either. Am I missing something?
    DeAnna had a lot of sympathy after the Brad fiasco but, IMO, she came across as pretty self centered on her bach/ette season to a lot of us, so I think she lost a great deal of support due to that. Some people think that was just the editing or it didn't come across to them that way and that's cool too.

If you only saw the last ten minutes, you probably missed the part where MF was talking about 'villans' and it's clear that the point of the editing is to create them wherever they can.
    Last edited by chrisg; 03-15-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Closed Thread