Closed Thread
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

FORT Fogey

Re: 20/20 The Bachelor - The Stories Behind the Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3855035;
    I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB were the ones who leaked the stuff about Ed. It definitely brought more attention to the show. However, I think they were fine with her choosing Ed. I say this because of her pep talk with CH after Reid arrived. To me it seemed he was steering her in the direction of going with her original choice. Letting Ed come back after he decided to leave also tells me that Ed was fine with them. Also, Reid said in an interview that they drove him around for hours afterward trying to get him to say certain things they could use to set him up as the next Bachelor. I would say the TPTB have been grateful for the publicity that the most recent F1's have brought to the show. Negative as it may be.

Also, from the article I posted earlier about the 20/20 episode I thought the comment MF made about his dream ending would be for a couple to fall so madly in love they would demand a JP be present at the FRC and they would tie the knot right there.... hmmm I wonder if that will happen in the future.
    I snorted -as unladylike as that is - when I read this quote on Mike Fleiss. Since this is a 180 degree turn from what he has said is important to him in previous interviews, I think he is snarking. He has said in a couple of different ways that what is important to him is not what happens after the FRC, but the (dating) process (of singles) leading up to the FRC. Furthermore, based on his contention that trash is necessary to sell reality tv, he has thrown in liberal amounts of that; however, he knows that his viewing audience still wants to see the romantic ending, and they preferably want to see a proposal. Therefore, he (innocently ) suggests that he would love to see a couple demand to be married on the spot.

Raise your hand if you believe that one.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3855035;

Also, from the article I posted earlier about the 20/20 episode I thought the comment MF made about his dream ending would be for a couple to fall so madly in love they would demand a JP be present at the FRC and they would tie the knot right there.... hmmm I wonder if that will happen in the future.
    Of course, if the price is right and if the writers deem it so.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3855068;
    That was very interesting and thank you for posting the link.
    But there are only two parts that really caught my attention:
    1. When discussing the limos of girls pulling up to the house, Chris Harrison said he offers special encouragement: "I SLAP EACH ONE OF THEM ON THE BUTT, say to GO GET him, and tell them not to let ME down." That is a really classy way to get things started.
    2. So Corey Fetman is the wardrobe consultant who completely designed and outfitted Jake for the show. A complete makeover. Everything was "tailor made" for him to present him at his best.
    Thank you, Corey Fetman, for giving us the special shoes and the blue turtleneck. Your contribution was huge.
    Chris Harrison needs a time out. Seriously.

Here's that part of the article in question, including the exact quote from Chris H.:

But for those in the know, a tailored suit can't conceal the bachelor's abject terror -- especially before the first limos arrive to reveal throngs of female contestants.

"Every time those limos pull up they are scared to death, they're nervous as hell," said Bachelor host Chris Harrison. "I slap them in the butt and I say, good luck, go get 'em. Don't let me down."
    I admittedly can't stand CH, but I try to be fair nonetheless. The way the article is written, to me it sounds like he's referring to the Bachelor, not the B'ettes.

That said, if I'm wrong and y'all are right, I agree-- The man is utterly crazy in that case.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3855135;
    Here's that part of the article in question, including the exact quote from Chris H.:

I admittedly can't stand CH, but I try to be fair nonetheless. The way the article is written, to me it sounds like he's referring to the Bachelor, not the B'ettes.

That said, if I'm wrong and y'all are right, I agree-- The man is utterly crazy in that case.
    I went back and read this several times....and what I caught the first time was that there were "throngs of girls exiting the limos, and he was slapping "them" on their BUTTS and telling "them" to "go get 'em." "Don't let me down."
    It was so insane I had to comment. But I think you brought me back down to Earth. It's a poorly written paragraph, but I now agree that he must have been talking about slapping the Bachelor guys on the butt, so thank you for straightening me out.
    I still wouldn't want CH touching my rear end, but it's better than what I thought.

I hadn't really heard this about CH or seen the interviews, magazine reports, etc.
    I agree that he is kind of a dolt on this show, but he had been a host for many years on HGTV before he ever appeared on the Bachelor or on TVGuide network. I don't know about the reports, but I do know that he's been married to the same woman for numerous years and isn't the typical Hollywood type.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Personally I am so looking forward to tonight.It is gonna be good to see some of the old contestants.I don't really care about the audition tapes but I'll watch them anyway.

Any live stream of tonight's 20/20 show? If anyone has a link, please PM me. Thanks

No comments from anybody on the show tonight?

I wasn't going to watch this, but of course I am. It's nice to see some behind the scenes footage. Like Charlie and Sarah. Just to see them in their own environment living life. Reid - I am a bit tired of him. I actually hear and see him more than most bachelor "contestants"...so far...pretty interesting.

Closed Thread