Closed Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Jason and Molly's wedding

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jason and Molly's wedding

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3851662;
    I know most people put no stock in the tabs, but your theory is backed up with what the Enquirer is reporting. They said Molly begged the producers to wait another hour because the rain was supposed to clear out more fully. They refused to let her wait any longer, saying they had "a TV show to produce" or some such drivel.

IMO, no backup plan was ALL about the "Oh my gosh!" factor of the couple and their guests being drenched during their wedding. Typical disgusting Fleiss. Seeing Jason look like a drowned rat did make me snicker though. Evil of me, I know. But I just can't stand the man.
    I am guilty of watching this show even though I complain about how scripted etc it is. However, this is but one example of Fleiss' cruelty and manipulation which is not why I watch the show. Wouldn't it be interesting to have one season where the "love story" was the show, not the meaness? Though many say the drama is what makes the show, I think there would still be a lot of drama, but not to "torture" the leads which is why Fleiss gets people like Jake in the lead, everyone else is on to him.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3851965;
    Did Fleiss also send them on a honeymoon?
    Must be true.
    I don't think ABC wants their new showpiece couple honeymooning in Sparks, Nevada because of the free buffets and nickle slots.
    After paying Tryan $1 million dollars for their wedding, TPTB rewrote the contract to lock up Jason and whoever for $10,000 per televised hour - so the thing lasted 2 hours right? That's $20,000, a far cry from a million.
    I'm guessing that Molly was paid a promotional fee to wear that particular designer's dress, and they are auctioning off stuff for the "foundation."
    But still not South Africa money. Neither of them really seem to work, a gig like Bonnie Hunt pays $400, and I haven't heard that Jason's ex-wife is paying even more child support, so they must be getting help from somewhere.

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

SDL and others (sorry, have to quote like this, computer is tired):
    I want to address this in the context of the wedding items auctioned off, as an example of how to follow the money.
    Project Parachute (Jason's foundation) is registered as a non-profit but the IRS has not granted them tax exempt status, which is a little strange but not unheard of because the IRS doesn't care what you call yourself if you're not exempt from taxes. Very smart to call yourself non-profit but not reach for tax exempt status.
    Jason is President of the Board, and board members may be compensated so long as the other board members set his compensation. So, for example, Jason can appoint a board of him, Molly, and his brother. This is just hypothetical, ok? I don't know who else is on the board, but he controls it.
    They funnel the money through the Detlef Schrempf Foundation because it HAS tax exempt status. Project Parachute refers to the DSF as their financial liason, or something like that.
    So money spent on wedding items technically goes to DSF, which in disclosures says that it actually distributes about 50% to charitable causes, while the rest is spent on salaries and other expenses.
    So if you pay $500 for the watch Jason wore at the wedding, $250 will likely go to DSF, $250 will go to Project Parachute - and after they pay their own salaries and expenses, maybe $125 will go to the people you think you are helping.

This is an interesting point. Those non-profits that carry others are called "fiduciary agents." Usually, these fiduciary agents are 501(c)(3) nonprofits that offer their non-profit status to start-ups until the start up is legitimatized... of course, as SDL mentions, there is a fee (usually a small percentage).

Also, regarding who donated what or who was paid, I always read the small print that whooshes by at the end of the show: who is getting credit for X provided by so&so or, "promotional consideration provided by..." Where it's not offered, you can see the hand of PAs. In this show, every time they used a laptop computer, there was a jar of something (Jordan almonds??) covering the name of the computer (HP? Dell? Who knows...). When the camera shot moved, the jar of almonds moved. Maybe Fleiss & Co approached several laptop computer companies searching for sponsorship and were turned down. Thanks to DUH for pointing this out during his Occasional Running Commentary (every time he passed through the room I was in, he made a comment).

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3851916;
    I loved the wedding! The love they share feels genuine to me. The whole "rain, rainbow, storm, getting soaked" thing seemed somehow fitting. They have "gone through" so much - that is their storyline - from Jason's season through to their ABC wedding day. The rainbow is symbolic of their love, their bond, the silver lining, the future. ABC obviously wanted the soaking wet bride and groom, and probably hoped Molly would get overly emotional and have a meltdown. But. . . she did not. In this, Molly and Jason shine -- they show their true character and endurance. hey have earned their happiness and they have turned an embarrassing and painful situation into something beautiful. (Not the wedding, the whole ATFR fiasco).
    I adored your post. Anything beautiful that emerged from this wedding lies more in Jason and Molly's credit than ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3852254;
    I adored your post. Anything beautiful that emerged from this wedding lies more in Jason and Molly's credit than ABC.

And we know this how/why ? Oh ... because we saw it on a Television Show !

I truly wish them no ill will, they seem like OK people. But I am really tired of the hurt so much ... been through so much ... drama. They are making out like bandit's, ... and I know other young couples who have truly "weathered storms" and are just as deserving but they didn't do it on TV so they are not beneficiaries of these perquisites of pain.

The public thought Jason was really a dog and now he's Saint Jason. Sometimes I almost feel like it's rubbing the public's face in it. But that's just me.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3852367;

I truly wish them no ill will, they seem like OK people. But I am really tired of the hurt so much ... been through so much ... drama. They are making out like bandit's, ... and I know other young couples who have truly "weathered storms" and are just as deserving but they didn't do it on TV so they are not beneficiaries of these perquisites of pain.

The public thought Jason was really a dog and now he's Saint Jason. Sometimes I almost feel like it's rubbing the public's face in it. But that's just me.
    They did come through a considerable amount of hurt and pain, but to keep it in perspective the hurt and pain they suffered were of his own making and were a direct result of the actions Jason chose to take.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3852377;
    They did come through a considerable amount of hurt and pain, but to keep it in perspective the hurt and pain they suffered were of his own making and were a direct result of the actions Jason chose to take.
    A lot of people dump a partner for someone else. Jason's "sin" was that he chose the wrong girl on a televised dating show, then dumped her on national TV. Whether or not it was his choice to handle the matter the way he did is still not 100% clear to me. The tabloids and blogs tore him apart for the breakup and said a lot of very uncomplimentary things. Both he and Molly were obviously hurt and embarrassed over the whole situation -- Jason was characterized as a cad, and Molly was portrayed almost as a homewrecker.

That being said, Jason definitely did the right thing by following his heart. It certainly would have been far worse if he had prolonged and extended a relationship that was clearly not "right" in his heart. I wonder, though, why he didn't just let his relationship with Melissa die a natural death and THEN pursue Molly in a more private manner? He and Melissa were hanging by a thread by the time of that famous TV dump anyway. One wonders if Jason figured that if he allowed his 15 minutes of fame to extend just a few more hours, he could milk the media for tons more publicity to further his career (whatever that is!) and keep his name active in the media blitz just that much longer.

I'm hoping that now that they're married, they'll ride off into the sunset and live their lives quietly. I think their 15+ minutes of fame are over. Really over. Quite overdue, actually. Please, dear God, remove these people from the headlines once and for all!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3852367;

echo,
    I didn't watch Jason's season until after the fiasco. I saw Jill on WTA, thought she was adorable, and wanted to know the story. So, in the end, I was more interested in Jill than Molly or Melissa, though I did like Molly better for Jason. The switcheroo was ugly to watch all around, but I won't conjecture to know the truth behind any party's motivations, including Fleiss. Surely, Melissa will say her piece on the 20/20 special.

Regarding my comments about the wedding, beauty still happens even on a scripted show, which includes The Bachelor to some extent. Their wedding ceremony and first dance was aesthetically and emotionally beautiful is all that I'm saying. That component was their doing.

As to the early part of the show, Fleiss played up the horrors of their early relationship. But, I think that they're more than happy to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3852377;
    Well said, Bloomers. It coulda been prevented, but it wasn't. It was a lesson to everyone involved.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3852405;
    Well said, Bloomers. It coulda been prevented, but it wasn't. It was a lesson to everyone involved.
    We've had the wedding. I hope they are very happy.
    But now, Jason and Molly, it's time to get real jobs and stop pretending to be celebrities. That's how you earn genuine respect.
    cc: Jesse Csinksak

Closed Thread