Closed Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Jason and Molly's wedding

Re: Jason and Molly's wedding

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3851312;
    I think the wedding got less viewers because they (Jason/Molly) were just not as popular as Trista / Ryan. Also, if memory serves, Trista 's wedding was live whereas Molly's was taped. That also could have made a difference.
    Some reality couples are just more popular than others. Just like some celebs are more popular than others.
    Trista's wedding was also taped, no way they will ever air one live. Really, how could ABC produce anything without the benefit of EDITING???

I think the difference in the ratings is due to Trista and Ryan being a more popular, scandal-free couple, whose show was also promoted much more and given a 3 episode arc leading up to the wedding. Also those were the glory days of the franchise, when viewers were far less jaded than they are now, as a result of repeated break-ups and "never was" endings, as well as obvious producer manipulations. In those days, most everyone watched for the fairy tale, now some just watch for the drama, and they may also have tuned out the wedding.

FORT Newbie

Heard Ty wasn't in the wedding because the ex-wife refused to sign the release for the day. Also heard there is a bit of a custody dispute brewing and the the ex-wife is not speaking to Jason unless necessary.

Why on earth would Molly marry such a loser? She seems to be fairly smart and industrious, but young. He has no career and no prospects and a child to support. In the span of one year, he proposed to three different women. Is he looking for someone to support him? I suspect the TV excitement will wear off in a couple of years and she'll move on. Let's hope she had a pre-nup!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3851302;
    Never said that Fleiss could control the weather.
    He took advantage of it. Big difference. Even the wedding planner suggested moving the wedding inside because of rain.

Rain occurred off / on all that week. And, it was predicted to occur again on Saturday. He knew that and could have easily erected a tent so that people were not soaked. He chose not to, so that he could show them and everyone else trying to "weather the storm."
    ITA. TV producers will do whatever needs to be done, at any cost, to get the result they want on camera. They chose not to have a back-up plan. This was never about the wedding, it was about ratings.

BTW, Jason said in a local interview last night (taped in sunny Seattle ) that people don't recognize him very much anymore. And when they do, they whisper something about how he looks like "that Bachelor guy." I think he's been old news for awhile, which probably affected the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3851322;
    Trista's wedding was also taped, no way they will ever air one live. Really, how could ABC produce anything without the benefit of EDITING???

I think the difference in the ratings is due to Trista and Ryan being a more popular, scandal-free couple, whose show was also promoted much more and given a 3 episode arc leading up to the wedding
    . Also those were the glory days of the franchise, when viewers were far less jaded than they are now, as a result of repeated break-ups and "never was" endings, as well as obvious producer manipulations. In those days, most everyone watched for the fairy tale, now some just watch for the drama, and they may also have tuned out the wedding.
    Thanks, Ironcat. Couldn't remember if it was taped or live. But, I do agree that ABC cannot produce anything without editing.

I went back and looked up the details and saw the wedding was watched by 26 million. That was a heck of a large audience for back then.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

Jason is now auctioning off items from the wedding, ostensibly to "benefit" his foundation. Does he draw a salary from his foundation??

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3851065;
    Well if that's true, this is not Fleiss's wedding!
    sure it was...who do you think foot the bill???

I loved seeing past Bachelor/ette couples and attendees and it was nice to see another wedding from the franchise. Jason & Molly looked so happy and I loved that their bachelor/ette parties were fun & not embarrassing with strippers or other stupid sh!t that friends like to pull on brides/grooms. I enjoyed their wedding and all the build-up more than I thought I would.

Enjoyed the wedding and apparently so did Jason & Molly. Everyone seems to be appalled by the rain,except for Jason & Molly. The bride was beautiful, the groom was handsome and the ceremony was memorable.

As a person who lives in Cali. If I had a dime for everytime the Weather was forecasted for rain and it failed to show. I would be a Trump. I can not tell you how many times I have left home layered in clothes expecting rain, only to roast from the heat.

Jason & Molly looked the picture of love while dancing. I can say I am happy he dumped Melissa for Molly. Molly is perfect for him and the little man, Ty.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Yeah, but it had been rainy and stormy most of that week. If I was attending that wedding I definitely wouldn't have been wearing a sleeveless (or even short sleeve) dress. I would've had a big ol coat.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3851585;
    If, in fact, a foundation, no, he cannot receive a salary or benefit in any way.
    Of course he can. Many charitable foundations have paid staff and consultants, and some are very highly paid. However, in attempting to pull the financial disclosures for Jason's foundation it appears it is not actually a foundation--it is program administered under the Detlef Schrempf foundation. It does not have it's own tax exempt status. The financials for the DS foundation should disclose if Jason draws any payments.

Quote Originally Posted by seacharm;3851325;
    Heard Ty wasn't in the wedding because the ex-wife refused to sign the release for the day. Also heard there is a bit of a custody dispute brewing and the the ex-wife is not speaking to Jason unless necessary.

Why on earth would Molly marry such a loser? She seems to be fairly smart and industrious, but young. He has no career and no prospects and a child to support. In the span of one year, he proposed to three different women. Is he looking for someone to support him? I suspect the TV excitement will wear off in a couple of years and she'll move on. Let's hope she had a pre-nup!
    According to the magazine article They decided to not film Ty but he did run down the aisle just prior to Molly taking the walk and Jason grabbbed him and hugged him. I don't know about a custody battle but I am glad they didn't show Ty - no matter what the reason. Better he not be exploited.

Closed Thread