Closed Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Jason and Molly's wedding

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Jason and Molly's wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3851238;
    The wedding planner knew her job which in part was to plan for every conceivable situation. Possible rain, except in the desert, would be a conceivable situation even given typical sunny California.

The fact that the wedding planners' idea of a back-up indoor plan was nixed suggests strongly to me that the producers desired the drama that would occur from a cold, rainy, wedding.
    I believe you're right. The planner specifically said to CH that if it were up to HER, they would've moved it inside. I chuckled when she said this b/c it struck me as an explanation to any future potential clients...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I read that it only got around 9 million viewers compared to Trista's 17 million.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3851294;
    I read that it only got around 9 million viewers compared to Trista's 17 million.
    That's odd, considering the show is supposed to be more popular than ever now. Are people still PO'd about how Jason dumped Melissa?

I am one who thinks that Jason did the wrong thing by dumping Melissa publicly. However, I don’t think Jason is very strong-minded, and he allowed Fleiss to manipulate him into believing that it was the only way he could get a 2nd chance with Molly. And it could be true. According to rumor, Fleiss sort of had her hostage under the context of being the next Bachelorette and Jason probably had no way of contacting her. Maybe if he didn’t go along with Fleiss’ plan, Molly would have fallen in love with some other guy on her season of The Bachelorette. The bottom line is, as many have said, many good things have come from the poor decision to make the break-up public. Melissa seems to be happy in her marriage and with her new career. If she had been F2 from the start, she may have become The Bachelorette, or she may have already been interested in seeing where things went with her new relationship with Ty. But would she have had the DWTS stint and her GMA career?

I think Jason and Molly are great together. I was impressed by her resolve to weather his bad publicity and stick by him. I love that he calls her his best friend. As unhappy as I was with what happened a little over a year ago, I am very happy for these two, and think they have a very happy life together.

Just wanted to weigh in with my opinions on a few things: LOVED Molly’s hair – before the rain. The make-up was a little heavy, but otherwise looked great. Half and half on the dress. I don’t usually like skirts like that, but it looked good on her.

Fleiss is such a jerk for leaving them exposed to the elements. At the very least, something could have been draped overhead to keep some of the rain off them. Molly was such a trooper though. She did shine when the sun didn’t.

I’m not a fan of Jason Castro, but I don’t hate him either. I thought he did a great job, and Molly’s entrance to SOTR was just beautiful. Also don’t believe JC was stoned or ever is. I think he’s just very laid back, and naturally is heavy-lidded. From what I’ve read about him, getting stoned is not something he does.

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3851244;
    Or they could have put a clear plastic over the actual arch they were standing under. Now that I blame the planning coordinator on - but making them say their vows because MF wanted it outside (in the rain), I totally blame MF/ABC for.
    Yeah it was just nuts not having something to cover them from the rain!

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3851264;
    I hear the couple is blissfully happy with the way things turned out.

Hahahaha cute picture.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3851271;
    I don't know...seems like any clothing that had been drenched would still be wet no matter how much blow drying, and patting down was done. I've had to spend a couple of hours in wet clothing before, and it was tortuous!!
    Maybe they had a double backup of the same dress and suit! ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Specialized;3851276;
    I respect their decision to keep the cameras off of Ty, but I sure would have loved to see him run down the aisle to his father
    And him tackling Ty! ROFL! I would have loved seeing that too.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3851052;
    sorry, but isn't that taking the whole "it's scripted" thing a little to far? Fleiss can control the weather and plan rainbows now??

loved the wedding, and that Molly and Jason could laugh about the rain, shows a lot about their character... I wish them well
    Never said that Fleiss could control the weather.
    He took advantage of it. Big difference. Even the wedding planner suggested moving the wedding inside because of rain.

Rain occurred off / on all that week. And, it was predicted to occur again on Saturday. He knew that and could have easily erected a tent so that people were not soaked. He chose not to, so that he could show them and everyone else trying to "weather the storm."
    Last edited by norealityhere; 03-09-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3851225;
    Yes, ma'am and dead serious ... ;-)

There was nothing but the usual blue skies expected in the LA area until that day's sudden 5:44 am tsunami advisory.

Had there not been the sudden surge related to tsunami, we would have been equally distracted by the sound of more helicopters and small planes flying overhead, as the rain burst hitting hard surfaces seemed to do a pretty amazing job muffling sounds of what was actually up there (flying around in bad weather) out.
    Don't want to argue here, but rain was predicted that day and did occur. Rain also occurred most of that week.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3851296;
    That's odd, considering the show is supposed to be more popular than ever now. Are people still PO'd about how Jason dumped Melissa?
    I am one who thinks that Jason did the wrong thing by dumping Melissa publicly. However, I don’t think Jason is very strong-minded, and he allowed Fleiss to manipulate him into believing that it was the only way he could get a 2nd chance with Molly. And it could be true. According to rumor, Fleiss sort of had her hostage under the context of being the next Bachelorette and Jason probably had no way of contacting her. Maybe if he didn’t go along with Fleiss’ plan, Molly would have fallen in love with some other guy on her season of The Bachelorette. The bottom line is, as many have said, many good things have come from the poor decision to make the break-up public. Melissa seems to be happy in her marriage and with her new career. If she had been F2 from the start, she may have become The Bachelorette, or she may have already been interested in seeing where things went with her new relationship with Ty. But would she have had the DWTS stint and her GMA career?

I think Jason and Molly are great together. I was impressed by her resolve to weather his bad publicity and stick by him. I love that he calls her his best friend. As unhappy as I was with what happened a little over a year ago, I am very happy for these two, and think they have a very happy life together.

Just wanted to weigh in with my opinions on a few things: LOVED Molly’s hair – before the rain. The make-up was a little heavy, but otherwise looked great. Half and half on the dress. I don’t usually like skirts like that, but it looked good on her.

Fleiss is such a jerk for leaving them exposed to the elements. At the very least, something could have been draped overhead to keep some of the rain off them. Molly was such a trooper though. She did shine when the sun didn’t.

I’m not a fan of Jason Castro, but I don’t hate him either. I thought he did a great job, and Molly’s entrance to SOTR was just beautiful. Also don’t believe JC was stoned or ever is. I think he’s just very laid back, and naturally is heavy-lidded. From what I’ve read about him, getting stoned is not something he does.
    I think the wedding got less viewers because they (Jason/Molly) were just not as popular as Trista / Ryan. Also, if memory serves, Trista 's wedding was live whereas Molly's was taped. That also could have made a difference.
    Some reality couples are just more popular than others. Just like some celebs are more popular than others.

Closed Thread