Closed Thread
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Jason and Molly's wedding

Re: Jason and Molly's wedding

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850937;
    Funny how time changes things - Jason was the most boring Bachelor ever, then we met Jake. Jason was the biggest Dog, then we met Ed.
    It's what I call the Brad Womack syndrome - give it time and perceptions change. Which is a good thing.
    Best of luck.
    Right on SDL!!!!!You've coined a new syndrome.

daiseyo

How in the world could Molly and Jason bear to keep their soaking wet clothing on for the reception?!

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3851246;
    How in the world could Molly and Jason bear to keep their soaking wet clothing on for the reception?!
    They seemed perfectly dry and coiffed when they appeared in the reception room. I'm sure there were many blow dryers and cloths used to pat and squeegee out the water.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I hear the couple is blissfully happy with the way things turned out.

Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

The Bachelor: Jasson and Molly's Wetding

TV Ratings

9.26 million viewers and 2.7/8 in adults 18-49.

The two-hour show peaked in the last half-hour at 10.08 million viewers and 3.0/8 in adults 18-49, climbing to second place. ABC was third for the night.

Next Monday, March 15 at 8 p.m., there will be a two-hour special, 20/20 Inside The Bachelor: The Stories Behind the Rose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3851263;
    They seemed perfectly dry and coiffed when they appeared in the reception room. I'm sure there were many blow dryers and cloths used to pat and squeegee out the water.
    So Fleiss didn't run the through the wringer?

How unfleissian!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3851267;
    If expected to be that miserable at the time of the wedding, do you really think we would see women guests being seated in sleeveless dresses?
    The guests were from out of town. Would they have had a back up plan themselves? I think they would only take the one dress for an overnight trip, and wouldn't know L.A.'s weather patterns.
    Last edited by Zinnia; 03-09-2010 at 01:55 PM.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3851234;
    Actually the 5-day forecast on the Weather Underground, if not the local TV stations, did say there would be a strong possibility of heavy rain throughout the day on Saturday, Feb. 27th. I posted a notice in one of the threads a couple of days before that I hoped they had a back-up plan. But, I learned on the show that the wedding planner's idea for one was nixed.

A low came down the coast and brought a strong, northern cold wind with it. Because they were on a bluff overlooking the ocean that wind would whip stronger and colder (coming off the water) than it might be if you were farther inland.

The Tsunami was a cautionary notice that didn't play out. It stirred up some current changes and raised the ocean water along the coast appx 1.5 to 2 feet. It DID NOT have anything to do with the cold, wet weather front that moved through the region that particular day.
    I am just telling you as I know it ... and that if I had a $10 for every day rain predicted that didn't pan out in rain, I'd say, annually, would have enough money to hit tables in Vegas. That is how seriously we take rain advisories.

Rain expected? Sure, why not as it was up where I live, too. Clear umbrellas provided for, 'just in case'. Heavy downpour expected? Not like that! Where did the weather expect to land? Predicted central down to southern California, not so much impacting SoCa more than up the central coast, further north. Had it not been for the earthquake, the wedding would not have been heavily impacted.

It is impossible to ignore the tsunami surge predicted early a.m. to hit at 12:45pm, or sometime close to that. And changes in ocean currents does impact weather.

If expected to be that miserable at the time of the wedding, do you really think we would see women guests being seated in sleeveless dresses?

Again, if there wasn't the sudden surge as a distraction, then it would have been what flew overhead.

daiseyo

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3851263;
    I don't know...seems like any clothing that had been drenched would still be wet no matter how much blow drying, and patting down was done. I've had to spend a couple of hours in wet clothing before, and it was tortuous! BTW, I thought they looked fine. Wasn't critiquing their appearance!

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850937;
    You are very perceptive.
    Nikki looked beautiful again. I guess the orange hair was just a Halloween thing. And it appears that Jesse was just a fling.
    It appears that Jesse has a lot of flings - never in the history of the world has someone so thoroughly lacking in every department managed to promote himself so effectively.
    Hey, congratulations to Jason & Molly. I really never gave them a chance but there are decent people inside there, I think, and I hope they will be happy.
    Funny how time changes things - Jason was the most boring Bachelor ever, then we met Jake. Jason was the biggest Dog, then we met Ed.
    It's what I call the Brad Womack syndrome
    - give it time and perceptions change. Which is a good thing.
    Best of luck.
    Don't forget Jesse - we for sure didn't! He was in the middle of that snydrome.
    As you have noted, he keeps popping up...
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3851118;
    if it came between a televised wedding without my child(ren) and a non-televised wedding with my child(ren) ... no way would I leave them out.
    Ty was at the wedding. Jason said that it wasn't shown, but Ty came running down the aisle just before Molly appeared with her father. He said that he tackled Ty, and took him to his seat. He was very touched by the moment. Then when he saw Molly, it brought tears to his eyes once again. I'm sure that they will have these private moments with "Ty" in their personal wedding coverage. I respect their decision to keep the cameras off of Ty, but I sure would have loved to see him run down the aisle to his father.

The wedding was beautiful, and they are beautiful people. I am very happy for them.
    Molly and Jason said that the rain only added to their happy memories of the day. They thought the rain was great! As it turned out, their choice of "Somewhere over the rainbow" music for their wedding was perfect

The Bachelor: Jason and Molly’s Wedding: The Top 10 Moments

Last night, ABC gave us front-row seats to the Feb. 27 nuptials of Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney, which host Chris Harrison referred to as “one of the most anticipated weddings of all time” with a totally straight face. That’s not rice you’re seeing in the photo, it’s rain. Which brings us to…

1. For some reason (the Bachelor producers are evil?), their wedding planner wasn’t able to give them a Plan B for their outdoor ceremony. They began the service during a break in the clouds — with Molly walking down the aisle to Jason Castro singing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” — but midway through Molly’s self-penned vows, there was a downpour. All the guests had clear umbrellas, but no one thought to hand a couple to the best man and maid of honor to keep the bride and groom dry? Or, you know, maybe someone could’ve erected a large, elegant canopy over the wedding party area earlier in the day? Jason and Molly didn’t seem to mind — it just made the day all the more memorable. But I would’ve been pissed to have gotten my new green Manolo Blahniks soaked.

2. That moment when Molly’s uncle officiating the ceremony told the guests to be seated and the camera panned back to Chris Harrison, who threw it to commercial.

3. The look on Molly’s face when her uncle asked if anyone objected to the wedding. Actually, a lot of people were looking around as though Bachelor producers might have arranged for a Melissa Rycroft cameo. She’s married, she’s over it! And the only thing Nikki, one of Jason’s former suitors, should’ve objected to was the furry pink coat single mom Stephanie was wearing.

4. Jason Castro was left standing in the rain by himself singing “That’s What I’m Here For” as the wedding party and guests moved inside for the reception.

5. Gavin DeGraw, Molly’s favorite singer, performed her favorite song, “Follow Through” for the couple’s first dance. Amazingly, with 300 guests and a camera crew around them, they made that moment theirs. Very sweet.

6. Of course, we got updates on past Bachelors. Charlie O’Connell and Sarah Brice didn’t mention that they’re developing a reality show with Oxygen, but we got the premise: He wants to buy a home and move back in together, she won’t live with him again until he puts a ring on it.

7. Ryan Sutter spoke (!) and recalled his televised wedding with Trista: “Some would say it was a little bit overboard on the pink.” Trista denied this and claimed they had white flowers along with the pink ones. Then she awkwardly wished the couple a baby boy — in addition to Mesnick’s son, Ty, of course. (Ty, by the way, was at the wedding but wasn’t allowed to be filmed because his mother and Jason decided together — yeah, right — that he shouldn’t be on-camera anymore.)

8. Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski are planning a wedding, but considering the only thing I remember about their screentime was Ed’s ill-advised heavage, I hope it’s not turned into a two-hour event. I would, however, watch a half-hour special should DeAnna Pappas end up marrying her boyfriend, Stephen Stagliano, whose twin brother Michael courted Jillian during her season. (Also, I would not be surprised if someday we saw a sex tape of Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi leaked. We already saw the foreplay as he rolled her around on the bed trying to prevent her from watching him kiss another woman on an episode of The Bachelor.)

9. Jason and Molly had the tamest Vegas Bachelor and Bachelorette parties ever. Naturally, the women went to a spa, then got an in-room stripper lesson, while the men gambled. But kudos to the unidentified guy who toasted Jason by saying, “Of all the women Jason’s proposed to, I think Molly’s the best.” (Also, props to Jason’s brother Larry, who later outed Jason at the rehearsal dinner for having a doll collection when he was young. Jason looked genuinely mortified.)

10. It’s a tie between the paparazzo being put in a headlock and taken to the ground at the wedding location (because no one is going to shoot this wedding, except for ABC), and Molly’s sister-in-law pretending to use an outfit-coordinating web site (I refuse to name it) to dress herself for the rehearsal dinner.
    Your turn. What did you think of the ceremony? Weren’t the vows a bit anticlimactic after we heard Molly and Jason describe their love and struggle to get through the last year for an hour beforehand?

'The Bachelor: Jason and Molly's Wedding': The Top 10 Moments | EW.com
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Closed Thread