Closed Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason and Molly's wedding

Re: Jason and Molly's wedding

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3850980;
    Since I have no clue what Ann or Evangeline look like, I'll let Losties sort all that out. The only people I know from that show are the guy from Party of Five (whose name escapes me) and Emilie de Ravin (because she was on Roswell).

I know most people dismiss the tabs, but one said that Fleiss told the crew to make sure to get plenty of shots of the rough water so they could try and drum up the storm as tsunami-esque. Frankly, that sounds about right for that guy.
    I'm sure Fleiss will play up whatever he can. Even though Jason and Molly handled it well I would have expected some kind of back-up plan for an outdoor wedding at that time of the year. Just strange...

Bachelor wedding: Jason and Molly auction off wedding items for single parents' charity on eBay

Jason and Molly auction off wedding items from their 'Bachelor' wedding (photo credit below)The second wedding stemming from The Bachelor reality show was shown on ABC Monday, March 9. Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney wed in Rancho Palos Verdes, California on February 27.

American Idol's Jason Castro sang his hit song, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as Molly walked down the aisle in a stunning $45,000, strapless gown by Monique Lhuillier.

Jason and Molly are the first couple from "The Bachelor" show to get married. Trista and Ryan Sutter were from "The Bachelorette" and among the invited guests for Jason and Molly's wedding. They have two young children and are still happily married.

The union is not only special because something good actually came from reality television, but Jason and Molly Mesnick are making sure the lavish wedding items go to a great cause. Jason has stated on Twitter that many items from their "Bachelor" wedding are up for auction on eBay.

Proceeds from the wedding item auction will go to Project Parachute.
    Bachelor wedding: Jason and Molly auction off wedding items for single parents' charity on eBay
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3850973;
    That was great! Jason and Molly look so happy even the downpour couldn't ruin their day. I don't understand how the wedding planners didn't have a back-up plan. What were they thinking? It does rain in California people and February is smack dab in the middle of Winter.

Molly looked absolutely beautiful. I suppose the weather was fitting given all they've been though. May the sun shine brightly for them the rest of their days.
    It doesn't just rain in California ... the way it works is, rain is predicted and it usually doesn't rain.

The days before and after the wedding were clear and sunny.

The rain on the 27th was a tsunami surge related to the earthquake in Chile.

I also believe sometime during "set up", we did hear the event consultant commenting that the wedding be moved indoors.

Tsunami advisory issued for Southern California; people urged to avoid ocean

February 27, 2010 | 5:24 am

The massive earthquake that struck near the coast of central Chile has prompted the National Weather Service to issue a tsunami advisory for Southern and Central California. People are urged to avoid local beaches.

Forecasters said widespread inundation is not expected, and officials don't believe there is a major threat of damage.

The NWS urged residents to stay away from the ocean through the early afternoon as a precaution, though forecasters stressed they don't expect damage. "Wave fluctuation" of 2 feet or less is possible at Santa Monica Pier around 12:25 p.m.

"The Coast Guard strongly encourages waterfront users to take extra precautions in preparation for the possibility of a surge, to include securing vessel mooring arrangements and possible sources of pollution," according to a U.S. Geological Survey statement.
    The advisory was issued after an 8.8 magnitude earthquake that struck about 200 miles southwest of Santiago, Chile, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
    Tsunami advisory issued for Southern California; people urged to avoid ocean | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 03-09-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3850990;
    It doesn't just rain in California ... the way it works is, rain is predicted and it usually doesn't rain.

The days before and after the wedding were clear and sunny.

The rain on the 27th was a tsunami surge related to the earthquake in Chile.

I also believe sometime during the "set up" during the show, we did hear the event consultant commenting that the wedding be moved indoors.

Tsunami advisory issued for Southern California; people urged to avoid ocean | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Yep, I never have much confidence in a weather forecast, but I didn't realize that a tsunami could result in rain. I thought a tsunami was volumes of water displaced from the ocean? The weather out here has been a mixture of sunny days and downpours for a few weeks now. But I'm up north - not sure what So. Cal has been like.

ETA: I also heard the wedding consultant say there should have been a back-up plan. She indicated that she recommended something but her recommendation was dismissed. She said otherwise they'd have been indoors and comfy at that moment. Wonder who dismissed her back-up plan.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3850941;
    I am not a fan of Jason and Molly but decided to watch anyway. I was glad I did.

Molly is obviously better suited for Jason than Melissa! I loved when they talked about what they went through how Molly talked about how she hurt for Jason and what people were saying about him. That seemed so unselfish to me. And then in her vows she thanked him for what he went through for her. I liked that. I think they have been through hell to be together and will be very happy!

I caught a glimpse of Ty behind CH. He was sitting in the back and looked like he was coloring. It was odd that Ty was in early clips but not the wedding - why suddenly withhold him in the wedding shots. I did fast forward some - did they ever explain why he wasn't in the shots - my mom called and asked if Molly was exiling Ty....

Odd that DeAnna was there....its funny how I thought DeAnna and Jason would have been so perfect together but then I saw her at the wedding huddling under her wrap and umbrella and I thought that she would have probably thrown a hissy fit over the rain

I loved loved loved Molly's dress!!!!

They seemed really happy and I wish them the best...I loved how they just took the rain in stride...seems like their approach to life which will definitely serve them well!
    I believe I read Dianna sick that day or coming down with something and sick the following day.

(The dress is to die for!)

I agree. Molly's dress was phenominal!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3850806;
    Melissa's not there. Is Jason's ex-wife there, guys?

I love Sarah's long hair! She and Charlie look so happy together!
    I think that was Ty and his mom behind Chris, during the ceremony, where he says in a moment we'll be back for the vows.

I liked Sarah B's hair too. And I was LOL because of their explanation about buying a house. I still say that guy is almost as dim as Jesse Palmer, but at least he's a lovable lug.

Here's the transcript of the house talk:

Guitar music playing.
    Sarah: I mean, don't you think we'll be ready to get a house, within a year?
    Charlie: We're getting closer.
    S: We're getting closer than we've ever been.

Then in another PI:
    C: We're looking at houses, ahh, thinking of moving in together.
    (Then the music stops dead!)
    S: I don't want to live together though 'til we're married.
    (Silent pause.)

C: Well, looking at houses. (Music again.)
    S: So whenever I have a ring, we'll buy one. (She smiles at him.)

Then he gives her the cheesiest "yes dear" smile.

It was great. They're stilll the same as they were five years ago. She's still wearing the pants. He's still trying to get his way, and failing yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3850836;
    I love that they can laugh through the rain. The sky is crying happy tears. (Okay, that was sappy-LOL!)
    The sky did a full mesnick on their wedding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3850848;
    That cracked me up too, especially since he [Jason Castro] had that blissfully happy look about him.
    He's stoned. As usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by armywife;3850859;
    is ABC going to televise every wedding that happens between bachelors and b'ettes?
    And promote it to death to prove the "success" of the show.

Like they've been doing all along with Trista and Ryan.

I'm envious of Jillian & Ed's Subzero fridge.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3850973;
    That was great! Jason and Molly look so happy even the downpour couldn't ruin their day. I don't understand how the wedding planners didn't have a back-up plan. What were they thinking? It does rain in California people and February is smack dab in the middle of Winter.

Molly looked absolutely beautiful. I suppose the weather was fitting given all they've been though. May the sun shine brightly for them the rest of their days.

Like many of you, I agree that Fleiss capitalized on the horrid weather for the drama.

Essentially, they weathered the storm, i.e "all they've been through." Whether that was the theme from the beginning, it quickly became the theme that dropped in their laps that day.

I think I read that they did have a back up but Fleiss wanted it outdoors. I also read, per guests at the wedding, that Fleiss refused to erect a tent over the ceremony.

It truly was a beautiful wedding. Molly is gorgeous, and unlike the unreality of each season, it was refreshing to watch something real, like love, cut through all the production. Beautiful, esp. their first dance.

Ty's mom was the one who decided it was enough. We only saw him last night in previously filmed clips.
    I doubt it was his mom with him in the back at the wedding. More than likely another relative.
    I agree with whoever said they didn't agree with living together with Ty there. But I'm an old fashioned "old lady"!

The wedding was gorgeous, and they seemed genuinely happy and in love. I wish them well.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

I thought the wedding was beautiful, right down to the bride herself. Molly looked stunning. So glad to see them so happy. They're the first couple since Trista and Ryan to really seem to have what it takes to make it work. I wish them all the best.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Closed Thread