Closed Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I don't see Vienna ending this under any circumstances (well, that is unless she gets offered a high-paying job in the media, like Melissa, the chances of which are probably non-existent). Whether she is truly in love with him, just infatuated, or caught up in "winning", being with Jake offers her the best options right now. Otherwise she'd have to go back to FL and try to embark on some mundane career, which I don't think she has the slightest interest in. If she starts getting bored with him once they move back to Texas and his media opportunities dry up, I can picture her just acting out, going out partying with friends or possibly cheating, and treating Jake like a poor unsuspecting and easily manipulated patsy/Daddy. It will be up to Jake to throw her out if it gets to that point. Or she may surprise us all and actually grow up. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3846537;
    The deleted scene was on the bottom of one the blogs. As to the comments made by the producers, we have heard several past contestants say that those same kinds of things were said to them when they asked "why" questions.
    Ahhhh okay.. Thanks.

I was just thinking last night about the family's very quick turnaround on Vienna at the parents' home.
    Jake's mom said, is she the one who didn't get along with the other girls ( or something similar??
    Well, wasn't this show filmed well before it was shown on TV? How would the Mom know - before the TV show aired - that Vienna didn't get along with the other women?

I realize this show is pretty scripted and heavily edited, but that really makes no sense to me the more I think about it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3846169;
    His mother comes across as very controlling. They kinda seemed like the in-law family from you-know-where (to me). His dad seemed very subdued, and his brothers seemed very wimpy. And the sisters-in-law, very b****y and judgmental.Exactly what kinda "glue" is this that supposedly "holds a family together?

I hope that Vienna does not let them crush her pysche...her positiveness, openness and love for life.

His family may play a large part in Jake's former relationship attempts.
    Agreed - I thought they were downright rude.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3846620;
    I don't see Vienna ending this under any circumstances (well, that is unless she gets offered a high-paying job in the media, like Melissa, the chances of which are probably non-existent). Whether she is truly in love with him, just infatuated, or caught up in "winning", being with Jake offers her the best options right now. Otherwise she'd have to go back to FL and try to embark on some mundane career, which I don't think she has the slightest interest in. If she starts getting bored with him once they move back to Texas and his media opportunities dry up, I can picture her just acting out, going out partying with friends or possibly cheating, and treating Jake like a poor unsuspecting and easily manipulated patsy/Daddy. It will be up to Jake to throw her out if it gets to that point. Or she may surprise us all and actually grow up. Time will tell.
    Do you think this may happen when she meets some C list male star- who will pay attention to her?
    It's got to be love.

I have a few questions that are bothering me and I am looking for help here.

1) Have there ever been any other B/B'ettes that don't discuss with the family after meeting the guys/gals who they actually like? Admittedly, it is always a useless exchange but you kind of get used to the lead saying, "now you understand where I am, I have 2 great guys/gals blah, blah...
    2) Since they "winners" supposedly can't reveal to anyone, exactly where did the princesses' dad think she was going for 4-5 days at a clip..witness protection? Or maybe he believed a n out of town Hooters job!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3846708;
    I was just thinking last night about the family's very quick turnaround on Vienna at the parents' home.
    Jake's mom said, is she the one who didn't get along with the other girls ( or something similar??
    Well, wasn't this show filmed well before it was shown on TV? How would the Mom know - before the TV show aired - that Vienna didn't get along with the other women?

I realize this show is pretty scripted and heavily edited, but that really makes no sense to me the more I think about it.
    Jake gave his family background information on Vienna prior to both girls' visits. It must have gotten edited out. He was kicking himself later, lamenting about why he had done such a stupid thing.

Originally Posted by richmondrose
    Jakes's family knows him better than anyone. They loved (per PI) Tenely when they met her, but when they met Vienna the red flags went up.

Initially they had very few nice things to say about Vienna: immature, confrontational, abrasive, classless to name a few. When his mom reveals her concerns about her not connecting with the family, Jake states that "She is shutting down and doesn't want tp hurt my feelings." This comment explains the complete change of heart by the family regarding Vienna.

This family is tight ... I suspect, because they know how stubborn Jake can be about any opinion that contradict his, they back down to avoid confrontation with him and avoid damaging the family unity. They probably realize at this point that his picker is still off and the relationship with Vienna
    will end up the same as his previous ones. How disappointing for them!

ETA: If I were Vienna, having seen and heard Jake with the girls and some of his comments about me as well as the MTP and their reaction to me, I'd be extremely hurt and seriously evaluate what I'm giving up for a flash in the pan with Jake. She's moving away from her family so she can be his cheerleader on DWTS, his live in roomate that cleans, cooks and answers his booty call and eventually be kicked out when he moves on to bigger and better things.

______________________________ ______________________________ __________________

I think Jake's mother and the daughter-in-laws would have felt that Vienna would not fit into their family from the beginning. Even if Jake had not said anything. I actually felt sorry for Vienna trying to carry on a simple conversation with them.

Jake said that if his mother didn't accept Vienna that it would be a deal breaker. So, if Jake had to make a choice between the two, he would have given Vianna up. So much for true love!

Jake's father was more or less an observer . I think he realized Jake's strong attraction to Vianna and realized it was something Jake had to work out for himself. If not, he would always wonder 'what could have been' and perhaps felt resentment toward the family. I think Jake's father talked to his wife & she, in turn, talked to the other members of the family & they agreed as a unit to support Jake in whatever decision he made. With the thought, in mind, that he would eventually realize the differences between the two and leave her. When it comes down to thinking of who you want to raise your children, having meaningful conversations, fitting in with your circle of friends and most of all, family..then sex becomes secondary. From what I saw of Jake, I don't think he is even close to being ready for a permanent relationship.

Vienna will be around as long as Jake wants her to be and not a second longer.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 03-04-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3846620;
    You know there is probably some infatuation there...I think most of us have been in that shoe at one time or another. Infatuation can turn to true love and as most love just takes time. Give Vienna time I think she will grow up...afterall the best teacher in that is life experiences. I would imagine she has heard that by now anyway and realizes she needs to work on it. We all have faults and I would imagine most of us at that age were in that bucket at some point.

FORT Regular

It could also be that in the past, Jake did choose the girl that would be easy to bring home to Mom. And it has not worked out. This time he went with his choice, as difficult as it is to explain to his family. It just may be that Vienna is the one for him, and Mom's choice is not. Only time will tell.

Closed Thread