Closed Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3846409;
    Jakes's family knows him better than anyone. They loved (per PI) Tenely when they met her, but when they met Vienna the red flags went up.

Initially they had very few nice things to say about Vienna: immature, confrontational, abrasive, classless to name a few. When his mom reveals her concerns about her not connecting with the family, Jake states that "She is shutting down and doesn't want tp hurt my feelings." This comment explains the complete change of heart by the family regarding Vienna.

This family is tight ... I suspect, because they know how stubborn Jake can be about any opinion that contradict his, they back down to avoid confrontation with him and avoid damaging the family unity. They probably realize at this point that his picker is still off and the relationship with Vienna
    will end up the same as his previous ones. How disappointing for them!

ETA: If I were Vienna, having seen and heard Jake with the girls and some of his comments about me as well as the MTP and their reaction to me, I'd be extremely hurt and seriously evaluate what I'm giving up for a flash in the pan with Jake. She's moving away from her family so she can be his cheerleader on DWTS, his live in roomate that cleans, cooks and answers his booty call and eventually be kicked out when he moves on to bigger and better things.
    Little chance of this. Putting aside the allure that a free stay in Hollywood and a chance to mingle with celebs must hold for her and the slim chance that she'd be willing to forego that, she stated in an interview that the Pavelka family "fell in love with her". Remember, this is a woman who has a very high opinion of herself and her appeal to everyone who isn't "jealous" of her.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3846401;
    Vienna has nothing to worry about with Chelsie. I don't doubt that if Jake lasts long enough (please, G-d, no!), the rumors will start flying that something is happening, but Chelsie is a wholesome 20-year old "good girl", who is not going to be "tempting" Jake or flirting with him in any way. As far as "safe" partners for Jake to keep Vienna's claws from coming out, she was probably the best choice.

I remember when Chelsie was paried with Ty Murry and the looks Jewel would give her. I thought Loiue and her were adorable together. Are they still dating?

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3846435;
    I remember when Chelsie was paried with Ty Murry and the looks Jewel would give her. I thought Loiue and her were adorable together. Are they still dating?
    Louie Vito had a crush on her, but I'm pretty sure they never dated. I always suspected that Chelsie had a crush on Dmitry, FWIW.

There are plenty of female dancers on DWTS that exude sexuality, but IMO, Chelsie is the most wholesome one.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3846439;
    Louie Vito had a crush on her, but I'm pretty sure they never dated. I always suspected that Chelsie had a crush on Dmitry, FWIW.

There are plenty of female dancers on DWTS that exude sexuality, but IMO, Chelsie is the most wholesome one.
    Vienna said she would be in the audience everynight so it will not matter. IMO I think Jake will be one of the first to go.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3846271;
    Remember the way she sort of choked up and said "when we're gone" it's the women who are the glue that hold the family together? For some reason, it leads me to believe that someone might be sick. In any case Mom is considering human mortality ... and by the way, I agree with Mom that in most cases the women are the glue. I repeat, in most cases not all.

Not necessarily. When you get older you just realize that it (death) is getting close. You can look back and know you may have 5 - 10 - 15 or 20 years and that is about it. You don't really dwell on it but you just face it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3846263;
    Woah. How do you know all this?!
    The deleted scene was on the bottom of one the blogs. As to the comments made by the producers, we have heard several past contestants say that those same kinds of things were said to them when they asked "why" questions.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3846434;
    Little chance of this. Putting aside the allure that a free stay in Hollywood and a chance to mingle with celebs must hold for her and the slim chance that she'd be willing to forego that, she stated in an interview that the Pavelka family "fell in love with her". Remember, this is a woman who has a very high opinion of herself and her appeal to everyone who isn't "jealous" of her.
    Also doesn't Vienna get to keep that $65,000 engagement ring if she and Jake just STAY together for a mere 2 years? Or does there have to be a wedding? I assume that that is 2 years from the time of the actual engagement which was 3 months ago. So, in 21 months Vienna will have "won" a $65,000 engagement ring at the very least - not a bad consolation prize indeed.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3846539;
    Also doesn't Vienna get to keep that $65,000 engagement ring if she and Jake just STAY together for a mere 2 years? Or does there have to be a wedding? I assume that that is 2 years from the time of the actual engagement which was 3 months ago. So, in 21 months Vienna will have "won" a $65,000 engagement ring at the very least - not a bad consolation prize indeed.
    Not to be nitpicky on numbers, but the ring was also said to be $42,000. I remember the number because Jillian's ring was quoted as $62,000.00. I highly doubt that Vienna's ring was more than Jillians -- just by the looks of the ring itself. I could easily be wrong about the price, but that is what my memory is telling me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3846409;
    Jakes's family knows him better than anyone. They loved (per PI) Tenely when they met her, but when they met Vienna the red flags went up.

Initially they had very few nice things to say about Vienna: immature, confrontational, abrasive, classless to name a few. When his mom reveals her concerns about her not connecting with the family, Jake states that "She is shutting down and doesn't want tp hurt my feelings." This comment explains the complete change of heart by the family regarding Vienna.

This family is tight ... I suspect, because they know how stubborn Jake can be about any opinion that contradict his, they back down to avoid confrontation with him and avoid damaging the family unity. They probably realize at this point that his picker is still off and the relationship with Vienna
    will end up the same as his previous ones. How disappointing for them!

ETA: If I were Vienna, having seen and heard Jake with the girls and some of his comments about me as well as the MTP and their reaction to me, I'd be extremely hurt and seriously evaluate what I'm giving up for a flash in the pan with Jake. She's moving away from her family so she can be his cheerleader on DWTS, his live in roomate that cleans, cooks and answers his booty call and eventually be kicked out when he moves on to bigger and better things.
    I heartily agree -- on all points. There was nothing warm and fuzzy about the family's turnaround regarding Vienna, it was backing down to avoid confrontation, as you stated. Also, all along I've felt like Jake was getting the short end of the stick because of Vienna's character traits that I perceive as being hard to live with, but now I think maybe Vienna deserves the sympathy. Living with Jake will be no picnic -- she's a sidekick, not a partner.

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3846544;
    Not to be nitpicky on numbers, but the ring was also said to be $42,000. I remember the number because Jillian's ring was quoted as $62,000.00. I highly doubt that Vienna's ring was more than Jillians -- just by the looks of the ring itself. I could easily be wrong about the price, but that is what my memory is telling me.
    Sorry about that. I guess I came up with that $65,000 price tag by mixing up some stories. Anyway, a $42,000 ring isn't too shabby either - if Vienna gets to keep the ring no matter what after the allotted time has passed per her contract.

Closed Thread