Closed Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Originally Posted by OneSillyGirl
    If I heard daughter-in-laws one more time, I thought I might scream! The plural is daughters-in-law.
    That was driving me crazy as well !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3846014;
    That was driving me crazy as well !
    Him and I don't really care what the daughter-in-laws think of Jake and I's relationship.

I just don't get why Jake's mom was so worried about all the DILs getting along, unless Jake has a history of picking women who don't fit his family.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3845753;
    CLEARLY Tenley was smiling as a means to control her tears. She came onto the show extremely nervous (by her own admission), and then had to not only discuss some incredibly painful moments from the show, but had to sit face to face with the man who had just broken her heart. How you can label the poor girl as a "scary person" with passive-aggressive tendencies as well as being frightening and manipulative based on her using a smile to hold back her tears is pretty absurd.
    Yeah I agree totally. That's pretty absurd to say the least.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Sorry for the double post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3845550;
    I think that "throttling down her emotions" as a defense mechanism so that she wouldn't get so hurt by Jake is a very good explanation for how Tenley reacted. Even Jake praised her for not shutting down when she asked for more dialogue from Jake as to what exactly he had meant by saying the two of them lacked physical chemistry. She was vunerable but chose to meet it head on. She also said that she wouldn't change a thing that she did, either. She did all she could do and prayed for the right outcome in the end.
    I agree. She did all that she could do, and even sensing something she still decided to lay it out there, give it all she had. She is a very good communicatory and very mature. I think she's obviously learned something from her past marriage and whomever she meets next is going to be a lucky guy.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;3846148;
    I just don't get why Jake's mom was so worried about all the DILs getting along, unless Jake has a history of picking women who don't fit his family.
    His mother comes across as very controlling. They kinda seemed like the in-law family from you-know-where (to me). His dad seemed very subdued, and his brothers seemed very wimpy. And the sisters-in-law, very b****y and judgmental.

Exactly what kinda "glue" is this that supposedly "holds a family together?

I hope that Vienna does not let them crush her pysche...her positiveness, openness and love for life.

His family may play a large part in Jake's former relationship attempts.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 03-03-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I think that if they do break up (and they probably will) his family may have a lot to do with it. I agree, despite their apparent "turn around" on the show, I didn't get a real warm, fuzzy feeling from them for Vienna. She's pretty different from what *they* want for him. The whole "women are the glue thing" is funny. I understand what she's saying, and it's always nice to have family that get along, but honestly, do these people all live together or something?? How much time do they spend with each other?

It's hard to criticize Tenley because she is so likeable, but I think that Jake's mom either likes someone who s***s rainbows, saw her as a malleable person who is completely conservative and submissive (I vote for this one), or [insert competent shrink's analysis here].
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Congratulations to Jake and Vienna. Best to you in whatever your future hopes and dreams might be. Everyone deserves to be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3846169;
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon
    ROFL ROFL! What? It even edits the real moon?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-03-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Closed Thread