Closed Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3845541;
    I totally agree.

Right on! I'm sorry, but anyone who sits there and tells the story of her husband cheating on her (I don't think she said "he fell in love with someone else") with a smile on her face is NOT REAL! And when she was confronting Jack at ATFR, she was smiling while being very critical towards him - that is a scary person! With Vienna's "brutal honesty" you at least know where you stand! Passive-agressive people are very frightening and manipulative. And I have liked Tenley all along, but last night, it kind of hit me in the face the kind of person she is. YIKES!

But, I have to add that I saw Tenley being pretty critical of Vienna, kind of egging Ali on a couple of times, and if that was shown, then it was likely going on more behind the scenes. So Tenley is NOT perfect. She made it clear that she didn't like Vienna but wasn't straightforward about it like Ali was.
    CLEARLY Tenley was smiling as a means to control her tears. She came onto the show extremely nervous (by her own admission), and then had to not only discuss some incredibly painful moments from the show, but had to sit face to face with the man who had just broken her heart. How you can label the poor girl as a "scary person" with passive-aggressive tendencies as well as being frightening and manipulative based on her using a smile to hold back her tears is pretty absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3845517;
    I thought it appeared as though Jake was truly interested in Tenley - he thought she should be the perfect match for him, and he gave it every opportunity to blossom into something more than just a good match on paper, so to speak, but there just wasn't that spark. And I totally understand what Jake meant when he said that the chemistry they were lacking wasn't sexual - it's that magic that you can't describe that happens between two people - that thing that makes you look forward to the next minute you can spend with that person when they're not around. He thought maybe that would happen between Tenley and him and hung on to her till the bitter end to see if it developed, but it just didn't.
    Well said. He did say she fits to what he pictured his wife would be like, and I truly believe he wanted to have the spark with Tenley, but it just didn't happen.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3845710;
    Jake would make a great 18-year-old. I think that's the level of his Emotional Intelligence. It's all about fun and s-x. His mature-sounding words are just veneer.
    I couldn't agree more. It was like a high schooler looking for a prom date to get lucky with. He just seems emotionally immature so Vienna is the perfect choice for him

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3;3845926;
    I couldn't agree more. It was like a high schooler looking for a prom date to get lucky with. He just seems emotionally immature so Vienna is the perfect choice for him
    How do you think Vienna will feel when he is dancing with Chelsia?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3845517;
    I thought it appeared as though Jake was truly interested in Tenley - he thought she should be the perfect match for him, and he gave it every opportunity to blossom into something more than just a good match on paper, so to speak, but there just wasn't that spark. And I totally understand what Jake meant when he said that the chemistry they were lacking wasn't sexual - it's that magic that you can't describe that happens between two people - that thing that makes you look forward to the next minute you can spend with that person when they're not around. He thought maybe that would happen between Tenley and him and hung on to her till the bitter end to see if it developed, but it just didn't.
    Yes, exactly. Tenley was "perfect" for him, on paper. But as he said to his Mom, he hadn't yet shown her his "rough" side. He couldn't be himself with her, perhaps because he felt she was "perfect," as he said several times, he put her on a pedestal. For all of Vienna's rough edges, he felt more like "himself" with her, was able to let his hair down more, as much as Jake can ever do that. Now can they last? Probably not. But to me, they did seem pretty sincere on the AFTR, even if it was just immature lust. I think they are happy, for the moment.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3845947;
    How do you think Vienna will feel when he is dancing with Chelsia?

She was happy he got the show and encourage him to take it. She is not jealous she said he will be with Chelsia for 8 hrs and then come home to her. She will be on the site and at the show to cheer him on.

They will only be there until he is eliminated then off to Dallas.

Check out access hollywood for the videos of them discussing it. They do look lovely and happy together
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-03-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3845355;
    Wouldn't it be similar to going on Match.Com or E-Harmony and looking for love?
    I met my husband on match.com (after meeting a number of "toads" along the way...) and while, like any other dating experience, match.com has its pros and cons, I definitely wouldn't relate that experience to what the folks on this show go through. Not even close.

They clearly care about each other and I hope they can make it work, in the long run. I just think the odds against them are huge right now. They barely know each other, they met in a whirlwind of fantastic circumstances that have nothing to do with real life, and she is very, very young. It's just a lot to overcome. The real test will be when Hollywood goes away and it's just the two of them, coping with family and finances and the daily grind. I wish them well.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSillyGirl;3845232;
    If I heard daughter-in-laws one more time, I thought I might scream! The plural is daughters-in-law.
    That, along with "Jake and I's" relationship. Really, someone needs to tell people that those diplomas offered in the back pages of Rolling Stone and found at the bottom of Cracker Jack boxes are fake.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Originally Posted by Longhornfan
    "I'm not a robot" is just another example of Vienna's "brutal honesty" and shows why she had trouble getting along with the other girls. It is the same as saying something mean or unkind and following it with "I was just kidding." Words can hurt, and Vienna obviously still does not have a filter and has not learned when to keep her mouth shut. That was a pretty classless thing to say about Tenley. Period
    The robot comment was a mean and horrible thing to say. I have no doubt she was calling Tenley a robot when she was with Jake.
    Is Vienna brutal ? Yes ... Honest, no. I've got a filter for her and her mouth. How about a piece of duct tape ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Closed Thread