Closed Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

My two cents on the use of the incredible or amazing journey phrase--it should only be allowed on one show---The Amazing Race.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3845283;
    I think Tenley was indicating that she was coming off a tough heartbreak and didn't need to be dragged through the mud again. If Jake wasn't going to choose her in the end, he should have released her much sooner. Tenley obviously understood the premise of the show -- I think she was asking him not to jerk her around, and only keep her on the show if he was truly interested in her. He did the complete opposite.
    I thought it appeared as though Jake was truly interested in Tenley - he thought she should be the perfect match for him, and he gave it every opportunity to blossom into something more than just a good match on paper, so to speak, but there just wasn't that spark. And I totally understand what Jake meant when he said that the chemistry they were lacking wasn't sexual - it's that magic that you can't describe that happens between two people - that thing that makes you look forward to the next minute you can spend with that person when they're not around. He thought maybe that would happen between Tenley and him and hung on to her till the bitter end to see if it developed, but it just didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3845312;
    Well, from the start of the season, it sure looked like he had a thing for Vienna. So, no surprise there. I got the feeling that Jake hasn't really dated very much and so he fell into "lust" instead of love.
    I thought, like many out there, that V was the least attractive and least cultured of all the girls. But, hey, I'm not the one deciding here - it's Jake!!
    TPTB seemed to fail miserably, IMO, in their attempt to show Jake's family's "born again" love for Vienna. There's no way that mother or those SIL's did a 180 degrees with V. Not buying it.
    Jake is going to be on the Bachelor, because TPTB are trying to create empathy for the guy and his choice of V. They knew, by the end of this season, they were not going to succeed in their attempt at Jake love. Hence, the rehabilitation effort on DWTS.
    I agree that Jake is "in lust" instead of in love with (his words) that "sexy as hell" Vienna. I also did not believe that Jake's mother and sisters-in-law did a 180 degree turn in a matter of hours(?) and then suddenly saw what Jake wanted them to see in Vienna. Not buying it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3845037;
    ^^Jake was unclear to her. I think Tenley didn't "get it" because she had strong feelings for him, so it was hard for her to see how he didn't feel the same way, especially when he appeared to be confused. Jake himself said he loved Tenley in a PI, so she just wasn't clear I think. I'm so glad she called him out. And she seems happy and like she's moved on just fine, so "at 25" I'd say she's doing alright. A class act that's for sure.
    Yup, I agree, Jake didn't really answer the question, and since (I think) that the answer had everything to do with Little Jake and she wasn't quite understanding his vague answers, there wasn't much more he could say that would get by Standards and Practices.

I was most impressed that he managed to identify that he and Tenley shared the same morals and values. Wouldn't want wifey to share his values, no sirree!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3845355;
    Wouldn't it be similar to going on Match.Com or E-Harmony and looking for love?
    I don't think that going on The Bachelor even closely resembles trying to find a someone to date/marry using an online service - if you go on The Bachelor, you are willing to have your entire life (as evidenced by Vienna's media bloodbath) and your emotions and dating bliss/humiliation be viewed by anyone who is willing to watch. Big difference there!

Why would she ever think he'd be the kind of guy who would string her along, bring her home to meet his parents, say things like, "I could kiss you forever," etc., etc., when he had no intention of proposing to her at the end of the show?
    Just because you want to "kiss someone forever" doesn't mean you want to marry that person. Most people feel this way at some point when they're dating, but we don't all get engaged because we feel that way at one point or another. (thank goodness!)

If he was absolutely sure he was going to propose to Vienna all along, then shame on him for constantly making out and whispering sweet nothings to Tenley, letting her believe she stood a chance with him.
    This is how the show works!!! The guy eliminates women along the way until he gets down to 4, then 3, then 2 every time!!! It is no surprise to anyone - it's the same every season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by purrful;3845422;
    I don't buy Ali's "love" for a minute.
    I totally agree.

And everyone keeps saying how sweet Tenley is. I think she is very very controlled as well and not capable of showing her "full" self, only her perfect sides... that is what Jake recognized and reacted to. She IS a robot because she is afraid to be less than perfect, to show she is human and has faults too. Vienna's warts and all approach was more comfortable for Jake then Tenley's perfection. And truthfully, no human is THAT perfect. I bet Tenley has a lot of stuff bottled up inside that she is not letting out for fear of rejection.
    Right on! I'm sorry, but anyone who sits there and tells the story of her husband cheating on her (I don't think she said "he fell in love with someone else") with a smile on her face is NOT REAL! And when she was confronting Jack at ATFR, she was smiling while being very critical towards him - that is a scary person! With Vienna's "brutal honesty" you at least know where you stand! Passive-agressive people are very frightening and manipulative. And I have liked Tenley all along, but last night, it kind of hit me in the face the kind of person she is. YIKES!

But, I have to add that I saw Tenley being pretty critical of Vienna, kind of egging Ali on a couple of times, and if that was shown, then it was likely going on more behind the scenes. So Tenley is NOT perfect. She made it clear that she didn't like Vienna but wasn't straightforward about it like Ali was.
    Last edited by I'm MEL; 03-02-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3845463;
    I completely disagree. How is Tenley only capable of showing her perfect sides when probably one of the biggest bombshells in the house, aside from Vienna's divorce, was Tenley's failed marriage? The mere fact that she chose to disclose this not only let us know that she wasn't perfect, but let us know that she didn't mind being seen as imperfect by Jake and others.

I can only speak for myself, but what I fell in love with is her sincerity and kind-hearted nature. I don't think she is perfect at all, but she has values that match up very perfectly with those Jake claims to have.

For all of the comparisons of her to Jake (in Jillian's season), I still don't think they're exactly the same. She never acted like a drama queen, no leaving and coming back to warn Jake or no assault on Vienna after the show like what Jake did to Wes. Tenley is just a classy girl.

The fact that she says she fell in love with Jake proves that she isn't as a controlled person as you think, but she did get caught up in her emotions. Perhaps what some perceive as throttling down her emotions is a defense mechanism for her to not get hurt anymore, maybe she sensed something and pulled back. Personally, I think she let it all out that final night before the final decision, at least that was suggested by a vo. It's not her fault or some kind of inability to be inhuman that caused Jake to pick Vienna. There is nothing more that Tenley could have done to "win." She was herself and she'll find someone to love her as is.
    I think that "throttling down her emotions" as a defense mechanism so that she wouldn't get so hurt by Jake is a very good explanation for how Tenley reacted. Even Jake praised her for not shutting down when she asked for more dialogue from Jake as to what exactly he had meant by saying the two of them lacked physical chemistry. She was vunerable but chose to meet it head on. She also said that she wouldn't change a thing that she did, either. She did all she could do and prayed for the right outcome in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3845370;

Every single contestant on every season of this show has done pretty much the same thing. So, if she is so fragile, she should have known better than to take her chances - ergo, she's not too bright. Or she just really wanted to be on television .
    OR she was angling for the Bachelorette spot and Ali beat her to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3845463;
    I completely disagree. How is Tenley only capable of showing her perfect sides when probably one of the biggest bombshells in the house, aside from Vienna's divorce, was Tenley's failed marriage? The mere fact that she chose to disclose this not only let us know that she wasn't perfect, but let us know that she didn't mind being seen as imperfect by Jake and others.

I can only speak for myself, but what I fell in love with is her sincerity and kind-hearted nature. I don't think she is perfect at all, but she has values that match up very perfectly with those Jake claims to have.

For all of the comparisons of her to Jake (in Jillian's season), I still don't think they're exactly the same. She never acted like a drama queen, no leaving and coming back to warn Jake or no assault on Vienna after the show like what Jake did to Wes. Tenley is just a classy girl.

The fact that she says she fell in love with Jake proves that she isn't as a controlled person as you think, but she did get caught up in her emotions. Perhaps what some perceive as throttling down her emotions is a defense mechanism for her to not get hurt anymore, maybe she sensed something and pulled back. Personally, I think she let it all out that final night before the final decision, at least that was suggested by a vo. It's not her fault or some kind of inability to be inhuman that caused Jake to pick Vienna. There is nothing more that Tenley could have done to "win." She was herself and she'll find someone to love her as is.

I think the 'perfect side of Tenley' is when Tenley heals from her divorice. Regardless of what happened it was apparent she did not have self esteem to feel like she could love at this time. She too can grow to a stronger not so needy woman. You don't have to get married in your 20's. As you mature you will find a mate that has matured and is tired of all the partying and ready for those dinners and romance.

Jake would make a great 18-year-old. I think that's the level of his Emotional Intelligence. It's all about fun and s-x. His mature-sounding words are just veneer.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Closed Thread