Closed Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3845312;
    Well, from the start of the season, it sure looked like he had a thing for Vienna. So, no surprise there. I got the feeling that Jake hasn't really dated very much and so he fell into "lust" instead of love.
    I thought, like many out there, that V was the least attractive and least cultured of all the girls. But, hey, I'm not the one deciding here - it's Jake!!
    TPTB seemed to fail miserably, IMO, in their attempt to show Jake's family's "born again" love for Vienna. There's no way that mother or those SIL's did a 180 degrees with V. Not buying it.
    Jake is going to be on the Bachelor, because TPTB are trying to create empathy for the guy and his choice of V. They knew, by the end of this season, they were not going to succeed in their attempt at Jake love. Hence, the rehabilitation effort on DWTS.
    There was a little come-to-Jesus meeting and they got religion. Hallelujah!
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3845393;
    There was a little come-to-Jesus meeting and they got religion. Hallelujah!
    I think it's just that thing called editing. They showed her not making a very good first impression with the family, a little bit of their one on one talks, and then the end where they had changed their minds about her. There is most likely hours of footage of them together to explain the turn around more clearly that wasn't shown.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie

I can't leave without putting my two cents worth in! Tho I mostly lurk, I read and enjoy everyone's posts and speculations.
    I concluded Jake was a pretty controlling guy (insecure at heart) hence his bad luck in love. Only someone as young and naive as Vienna would mistake that for genuinely loving her and be willing to be controlled. I made that mistake at her age, it is common. I doubt anyone else there really wanted Jake when they got to know him. I don't buy Ali's "love" for a minute. Jake and Vienna's relationship will last until she grows up and realizes love and control are not the same thing. Right now she likes being protected. She won't like it when she discovers he hogs the limelight and she is restricted from doing things by his demands/orders. Just wait.
    And everyone keeps saying how sweet Tenley is. I think she is very very controlled as well and not capable of showing her "full" self, only her perfect sides... that is what Jake recognized and reacted to. She IS a robot because she is afraid to be less than perfect, to show she is human and has faults too. Vienna's warts and all approach was more comfortable for Jake then Tenley's perfection. And truthfully, no human is THAT perfect. I bet Tenley has a lot of stuff bottled up inside that she is not letting out for fear of rejection. The sad thing is, its not perfection that makes people fall in love with you. As long as Tenley is afraid to be human, she will not find love. I saw a lot of Tenley's behavior as desperate attempts to please. She was nice no matter what it cost her, and that really isn't healthy, psychologically speaking. She needs to scream and go hit pillows. And move on.
    Jake might have considered Tenley as a mate because he liked her desire to please, something a controlling person would exploit. But by controlling her emotions and throttling them down to zero, she also throttled down desire and passion, and became boring. Vienna, at least, is never boring.
    Hopefully Jake will send her and him back to the life coach to learn tact, as neither of them has it and it takes practice! There is hope for Vienna, she can improve with age but Jake maybe not.
    Controlling people end up alone - their very fear of being alone that drives their behavior also making the fear come true and driving people away from them.
    While I was smiling at Jake and Vienna in love on ATFR, and it was kinda cute, I think she will outgrow him in time.
    I wish these people the best but they ALL need a therapist to confront their issues.
    Moving forward:
    I have never missed a season since Aaron so I will probably watch Ali but I am not a fan of hers and don't much care if she finds love or not. I'm not sure she cares either! I am kinda tired of retreads...
    and while hot bodies on the guys are nice, alas I fall into the category of woman who find none of these men attractive, because I like the long hair, romance novel cover/ rock musician type guy (or the hot geek on criminal minds) and those guys will never be on The Bachelor/Bachelorette! tho it would be a hoot if one was.

Quote Originally Posted by purrful;3845422;
    While I was smiling at Jake and Vienna in love on ATFR, and it was kinda cute, I think she will outgrow him in time.
    Well yeah. She is only 23. What she wants now, may not be what she wants in her 30's. And yeah she has a lot of growing up to do. Jake even admitted to his family that she is immature.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by purrful;3845422;
    I can't leave without putting my two cents worth in! Tho I mostly lurk, I read and enjoy everyone's posts and speculations.
    I concluded Jake was a pretty controlling guy (insecure at heart) hence his bad luck in love. Only someone as young and naive as Vienna would mistake that for genuinely loving her and be willing to be controlled. I made that mistake at her age, it is common. I doubt anyone else there really wanted Jake when they got to know him. I don't buy Ali's "love" for a minute. Jake and Vienna's relationship will last until she grows up and realizes love and control are not the same thing. Right now she likes being protected. She won't like it when she discovers he hogs the limelight and she is restricted from doing things by his demands/orders. Just wait.
    And everyone keeps saying how sweet Tenley is. I think she is very very controlled as well and not capable of showing her "full" self, only her perfect sides... that is what Jake recognized and reacted to. She IS a robot because she is afraid to be less than perfect, to show she is human and has faults too. Vienna's warts and all approach was more comfortable for Jake then Tenley's perfection. And truthfully, no human is THAT perfect. I bet Tenley has a lot of stuff bottled up inside that she is not letting out for fear of rejection. The sad thing is, its not perfection that makes people fall in love with you. As long as Tenley is afraid to be human, she will not find love. I saw a lot of Tenley's behavior as desperate attempts to please. She was nice no matter what it cost her, and that really isn't healthy, psychologically speaking. She needs to scream and go hit pillows. And move on.
    Jake might have considered Tenley as a mate because he liked her desire to please, something a controlling person would exploit. But by controlling her emotions and throttling them down to zero, she also throttled down desire and passion, and became boring. Vienna, at least, is never boring.
    Hopefully Jake will send her and him back to the life coach to learn tact, as neither of them has it and it takes practice! There is hope for Vienna, she can improve with age but Jake maybe not.
    Controlling people end up alone - their very fear of being alone that drives their behavior also making the fear come true and driving people away from them.
    I wish these people the best but they ALL need a therapist to confront their issues.
    Moving forward:
    I have never missed a season since Aaron so I will probably watch Ali but I am not a fan of hers and don't much care if she finds love or not. I'm not sure she cares either! I am kinda tired of retreads...
    and while hot bodies on the guys are nice, alas I fall into the category of woman who find none of these men attractive, because I like the long hair, romance novel cover/ rock musician type guy (or the hot geek on criminal minds) and those guys will never be on The Bachelor/Bachelorette! tho it would be a hoot if one was.
    Great post.. good points. I guess time will tell. I am ready to move on. I am on the same page with you as far as Ali goes, I am not a big fan so hopefully I can watch her season objectively.

I completely disagree. How is Tenley only capable of showing her perfect sides when probably one of the biggest bombshells in the house, aside from Vienna's divorce, was Tenley's failed marriage? The mere fact that she chose to disclose this not only let us know that she wasn't perfect, but let us know that she didn't mind being seen as imperfect by Jake and others.

I can only speak for myself, but what I fell in love with is her sincerity and kind-hearted nature. I don't think she is perfect at all, but she has values that match up very perfectly with those Jake claims to have.

For all of the comparisons of her to Jake (in Jillian's season), I still don't think they're exactly the same. She never acted like a drama queen, no leaving and coming back to warn Jake or no assault on Vienna after the show like what Jake did to Wes. Tenley is just a classy girl.

The fact that she says she fell in love with Jake proves that she isn't as a controlled person as you think, but she did get caught up in her emotions. Perhaps what some perceive as throttling down her emotions is a defense mechanism for her to not get hurt anymore, maybe she sensed something and pulled back. Personally, I think she let it all out that final night before the final decision, at least that was suggested by a vo. It's not her fault or some kind of inability to be inhuman that caused Jake to pick Vienna. There is nothing more that Tenley could have done to "win." She was herself and she'll find someone to love her as is.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3845432;
    Well yeah. She is only 23. What she wants now, may not be what she wants in her 30's. And yeah she has a lot of growing up to do. Jake even admitted to his family that she is immature.
    Watching last night, it was kind of sweet how much in love they seemed to be. Reminded me of my first really serious boyfriend; we were both 25 and crazy in love too. But that is just so young, and we both changed so much over the next few years. It was a wonderful relationship, but I am grateful we didn't get married. Infatuation is a beautiful thing. Longevity is another game entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3845473;
    Watching last night, it was kind of sweet how much in love they seemed to be. Reminded me of my first really serious boyfriend; we were both 25 and crazy in love too. But that is just so young, and we both changed so much over the next few years. It was a wonderful relationship, but I am grateful we didn't get married. Infatuation is a beautiful thing. Longevity is another game entirely.
    Well yeah as you get older you change. It happens there is nothing wrong with that. You just can't stop yourself from changing ROFL! It's good you didn't get married then cus then you would be divorced.
    Last edited by sonyab1974; 03-02-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3845478;
    Well yeah as you get older you change. It happens there is nothing wrong with that. It's good you didn't get married then cus then you would be divorced.

Absolutely! We met on a political campaign and we have moved in totally opposite directions since then. But it was crazy infatuation from the very beginning, and I was too young to realize that doesn't necessarily mean you're destined to be together forever. Live and learn! But it was definitely fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3845486;
    Absolutely! We met on a political campaign and we have moved in totally opposite directions since then. But it was crazy infatuation from the very beginning, and I was too young to realize that doesn't necessarily mean you're destined to be together forever. Live and learn! But it was definitely fun while it lasted.
    Oh yes!!! Exactly! You live, learn, and grow.. Vienna will learn a lot of things as she gets older.

Closed Thread