Closed Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/1 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3845222;
    Tom Bergeron's wife say's he's 5'6".

Shame on Vienna's comment about Tenley - "I'm not a robot"
    Hmmm, I guess that Jake must be 5' 6" tall then since he looked to be exactly the same height as Tom when the two were standing side by side.

"I'm not a robot" is just another example of Vienna's "brutal honesty" and shows why she had trouble getting along with the other girls. It is the same as saying something mean or unkind and following it with "I was just kidding." Words can hurt, and Vienna obviously still does not have a filter and has not learned when to keep her mouth shut. That was a pretty classless thing to say about Tenley. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3845203;
    When they were all mudded up and walking they looked like a couple of Avatar creatures.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAH

that's the funniest thing I've read all week

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3845145;
    I agree with you that Tenley was not only the most naive girl this season but also the one with the least amount of dating experience. Tenley was probably confused because she actually believed that Jake would not lead her on - which he did. Jake KNEW that he wanted Vienna but kept filling Tenley's head with nothing but empty words - empty to HIM. Was Jake really that conflicted when choosing between Tenley and Vienna? I doubt it.

I am sure that if Tenley has been watching this whole season, she knows that she dodged a bullet. She said as much last night when she said that she is glad that Jake didn't choose her if he was not 100% sure. She asked Jake how he could have made ANY choice if he truly was that conflicted right up until the very end. That was a very good question. I would have wanted a straight answer on that one, too, but he seemed to be choosing his words carefully and dancing around it. Was it all an act for Jake? IDK.
    I loved it when Tenley asked Jake that question! Too bad he didn't answer her. It's obviously a bunch of acting when he asserts that he doesn't know who he is going to propose to, and most likely this is encouraged by the producers.

This boils down to the whole premise of the show -- bolster 2 girls' hopes up, make them both think they're going to get a marriage proposal, then pull the rug out from one of them while the audience watches them crumble and fall. I keep comparing this show to the Roman gladiators throwing people in the colliseum to the lions for mere entertainment value. Jake knew damn good and well that he wasn't going to choose Tenley, and to lead her on as he did was cruel, especially in light of the fact that she had explained to him how much she had been hurt by her ex-husband. I'm sure he thought he was giving her huge clues on the boat so she could brace herself for the dump, but then he turned right around that evening and reassured her again. Jerk!

Jake and Vienna were made for each other. Tenley, like Melissa from Jason's season, will not only land on her feet, she will hit the ground running and will end up in a much, MUCH better place.

My reality check problem was when Vienna met Jake's parents and they didn't like her from the get go (because of Jake saying none of the women in the house liked her)

But then they talked and those Daughters-in-law really grilled her.

Then I blinked my eyes and all of a sudden the Mother, the D's-in-law all decided they liked her.

Why the hell for? She was soooo horrible and immature meeting the family. Her eyes kept drifting upwards when Jake's Mom was talking to her or asking her questions.

Geez I can't stand her. And how Jake could go on and on and on about V's beauty and their physical chemistry...

...it's called F'ing. He wants to F her and then let's see where all of this goes.

Yuck. Not that I liked high talker (Tinleeee) any better.

That's it - I cannot watch this show again. I didn't watch that horrible Jason's Bachelor show and I just won't watch Ali's.

Done.
    Maid

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3845243;
    Hmmm, I guess that Jake must be 5' 6" tall then since he looked to be exactly the same height as Tom when the two were standing side by side.

"I'm not a robot" is just another example of Vienna's "brutal honesty" and shows why she had trouble getting along with the other girls. It is the same as saying something mean or unkind and following it with "I was just kidding." Words can hurt, and Vienna obviously still does not have a filter and has not learned when to keep her mouth shut. That was a pretty classless thing to say about Tenley. Period.
    Well said! The reality is that Tenley knows how to communicate with people in a very articulate way and always acts appropriately. If anyone was "brutally honest" throughout the entire show, it was Tenley. Vienna came off very unrefined, while Tenley always came off classy. Maybe they can put Vienna into a "My Fair Lady" camp and see if she can pick up some pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone;3845273;
    My reality check problem was when Vienna met Jake's parents and they didn't like her from the get go (because of Jake saying none of the women in the house liked her)

But then they talked and those Daughters-in-law really grilled her.

Then I blinked my eyes and all of a sudden the Mother, the D's-in-law all decided they liked her.

Why the hell for? She was soooo horrible and immature meeting the family. Her eyes kept drifting upwards when Jake's Mom was talking to her or asking her questions.
    Like I said it was a very very strange scene!!! They all joined the cult of Vienna!! Including Jake!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3845204;
    That being the case, "The Bachelor" was probably not the wisest choice of places for her to be looking for Mr. Right. Maybe she'd never watched the show before.
    I think Tenley was indicating that she was coming off a tough heartbreak and didn't need to be dragged through the mud again. If Jake wasn't going to choose her in the end, he should have released her much sooner. Tenley obviously understood the premise of the show -- I think she was asking him not to jerk her around, and only keep her on the show if he was truly interested in her. He did the complete opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone;3845273;
    Geez I can't stand her. And how Jake could go on and on and on about V's beauty and their physical chemistry...

...it's called F'ing. He wants to F her and then let's see where all of this goes.
    Jake picked the girl with the biggest boobs and loosest morals.

I also noticed during the ATFR show, Vienna was trying to defend herself against the tabloids and stated, "I'm the sweetest girl you'll ever meet!" (or something to that effect.) For some reason, that just sounded really weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3845283;
    I think Tenley was indicating that she was coming off a tough heartbreak and didn't need to be dragged through the mud again. If Jake wasn't going to choose her in the end, he should have released her much sooner. Tenley obviously understood the premise of the show -- I think she was asking him not to jerk her around, and only keep her on the show if he was truly interested in her. He did the complete opposite.
    Exactly. He keeps the one girl who he knew just dealt with the most heartbreak to take to F2.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;3845283;
    Be that as it may, she is a complete idiot for choosing such a venue to overcome her romantic woes. Has she never seen the show? Did she really think that she would gain "true love" (gah! that phrase is just so ridiculously saccharine)? If the answer to either of these two questions is yes, then I stand by my assertion that she is an idiot.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Closed Thread