Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 2/08 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 2/08 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher;3823623;
    You do realize that NOBODY owns a HOUSE in New York City.
    Were they in Manhattan? I was flipping channels so am not sure what borough they were in. If they were in Manhattan, then right, only the very wealthy own one of the few houses there. In the other boroughs there are thousands upon thousands of house owners.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3823815;
    Were they in Manhattan? I was flipping channels so am not sure what borough they were in. If they were in Manhattan, then right, only the very wealthy own one of the few houses there. In the other boroughs there are thousands upon thousands of house owners.

I'm not perfectly familiar with New York City, but it looked as if she was from Manhatten or some place very close. When they were on the ferry sailing past the Statue of Liberty they gave the impression that Gia could point to her house from the Hudson. Also, sitting on the steps of an apartment complex and watching the taxis drive by doesn't sound like something one does out in the suburbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3823049;

Tenley is on the rebound and according to her family is still emotionally distraught, understandably, it's been less than a year..
    No her mother thinks she is ready to get married. Less than a year? I thought her dad said it was a year.

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3823607;
    I agree. Vienna's dad was a sweetie. I think people are so used to seeing crappy parents on tv that they are immediately cynical when a caring loving one is shown.
    Yeah that could be it. There are a lot of warm and loving parents out there.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Gia didn't come across as sincere with her feelings for Jake. I can't see him fitting into her family either.

Ali seemed perfect, but we found out she's a practical girl, and won't take the chance of losing her job to a "maybe" relationship.

Tenley's hometown date changed my mind about her. She was refreshing and original on her date with him. I liked her family too, and think Jake would fit in well. Unfortunately, her prior marriage will trump those attributes.

Vienna, well, what can I say, but IMO she appears to be a needy, immature dingbat. Her family didn't impress me either. If Jake chooses her, he deserves her. Can't see a lasting relationship there.

We should all realize, Jake is expected to be neutral toward ALL the girls. Every other Bachelor or Bachlorette said, "I can't decide...love them all". Then at the end, admit that early on, they had special feelings for the one they chose.
    I can see him possibly ending up with noone. Maybe we'll get a surprise, and there'll be a change in hearts down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher;3823897;
    I'm not perfectly familiar with New York City, but it looked as if she was from Manhatten or some place very close. When they were on the ferry sailing past the Statue of Liberty they gave the impression that Gia could point to her house from the Hudson. Also, sitting on the steps of an apartment complex and watching the taxis drive by doesn't sound like something one does out in the suburbs.
    I thought I read that Gia lives in Staten Island. She pointed out "the city" across the river and I figured the boat trip was on the Staten Island ferry and they went to the city from there.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;3828496;
    I thought I read that Gia lives in Staten Island. She pointed out "the city" across the river and I figured the boat trip was on the Staten Island ferry and they went to the city from there.

Okay...do people own houses in Staten Island or do they live in apartment buildings?

We're trying to establish why Gia's family was the only one that didn't meet Jake at their home.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;3828496;
    The boat ride wasn't from Staten Island. She took the boat from the Lincoln Harbor Marina in Weehawken, NJ (I grew up in that area). It's just across the river from Manhattan, about a 10 to 15 minutes ride from NYC. The Statue of Liberty, although part of NY, is closer geographically to NJ.

Gia, is supposedly from Queens. There're plenty of single family homes in Queens. It's not the same as Manhattan at all. Even in Staten Island which is also closer to the NJ side than NY, it's also mostly suburban. Plenty of single family homes there too.

Lincoln Harbor Yacht Club: on the Hudson River, New York City Marina, in NY Harbor (Weehawken,NJ), directly across from New York City
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-14-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789