Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/08 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 2/08 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MattLuvsShayne;3822711;
    No actually I thought it was very realistic her Grandmother meant alot to her and formed who she is Jake looked deeply moved she showed this very intimate side of her life.
    Be that as it may, if some dude I'd been dating for a couple of weeks took me to meet a dead relative, I would have serious questions about his emotional equilibrium. And if he did it on a television show? Well, the first word that springs to mind is famewhore. Henceforth the designation "pathetic".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MattLuvsShayne;3822715;
    I am joining the good call Ali girl chorus but like you I would be happinly stunned if Jake picks Ali in the end.
    You know that can still happen, based on Ali's phone call to Jake in the preview of the next episode. Shall we say, Ed 2? If Facebook really values her as an employee, they may give her another few days of unpaid leave to sort out her personal situation. I also think that if Jake was forced to choose between his job and Ali, he would also prefer his current job over his future (or not) love.

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;3822799;
    You know that can still happen, based on Ali's phone call to Jake in the preview of the next episode. Shall we say, Ed 2? If Facebook really values her as an employee, they may give her another few days of unpaid leave to sort out her personal situation. I also think that if Jake was forced to choose between his job and Ali, he would also prefer his current job over his future (or not) love.
    I have to say, if I had an employee who wanted (further) time off because she wanted to develop a *relationship* with some guy she's known for 2 weeks, I'd suggest she find another place of employment. The only thing that makes Ali's situation in any way special is the fact that she's making a jackass of herself on television. She's proven herself to be childish in a "mean girl" way, catty, and apparently obsessed with Vienna (rather than Jake). I wouldn't be dying to have her as a part of my organization, never mind value her as an employee. I don't think she's smart to leave the show to go back to her job - being "smart" would have entailed her never applying to be on the show, remaining at her job and relinquishing her 15 minutes of fame, so as to not have the millions of people in the viewing audience witness her terrible behaviour and her true personality.

Had to get that out. Never have I seen such a nasty pack of witches on this show. The only thing that distinguishes them from the Rock of Love girls is a few less tattoos and they pour their liquor into glasses instead of drinking directly from the bottle. Well, if Ali doesn't snare her pilot, I think Bret Micheals is single again. I think he'd be more fun on a date, too.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Jo777;3822580;
    Am I the only one who was creeped out by Vienna's dad? He acted like a possessive lover - groping her, busting in one her and Jake -- thought he was going to french-kiss her at one point.

Ewww I don't know about that, but I thought it was strange that he had to come in and then say he will be right outside the door. I mean she isn't 16 anymore. See Jake? Wouldn't you want to be with someone older? Who's dad doesn't do that?

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3822815;
    Well, if Ali doesn't snare her pilot, I think Bret Micheals is single again. I think he'd be more fun on a date, too.
    Yes, he would. But then, who wouldn't be?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3822158;
    I was surprised to see Vienna's Mom. She is a lot cuter and younger looking than Vienna. But, what was that all about? Was she trying to tell Jake that all women are just jealous of her daughter? Does she think it's everybody else's fault but Vienna's?
    Tenley seemed like she was either trying out for DWTS or the latest Disney extravaganza. Yes, she seems sweet, but that voice is totally unnatural and seems too put on. And, her mother seemed very strange.
    The part with Ali on the floor in the hotel was priceless.
    I hope she does come back. I find her the most interesting of the women.
    Either that or So You Think You Can Dance

FORT Newbie

Okay, I finally get the Jake/Vienna connection.

Both of them have the personality of a wet napkin.

In last night's show, he did nothing to show anything of himself when he met the 4 respective families. He sat back and almost stoically answered every question thrown at him - same answer with every family, gross - while playing the part of caring boyfriend with his caresses, eye contact, and body language. Body language used lightly, because I just think he digs the fact that he's suddenly dating 4 women who probably wouldn't look at him in the real world. Not that he isn't cute or anything, but I haven't heard of an interesting or personal comment leaving his mouth since he was on the Bachelorette season. Honestly - what do we know about him? Except that he is sampling a buffet of women right now, loves the hell out of it, and isn't anywhere close to being ready or able to settle down with anyone. Seriously, the man is lacking heavily on an identity of his own, and it seems like that is really the only thing that he has in common with any of these remaining women.

Now, for the women...Ali, in my opinion, wasn't being childish, manipulative, or anything other than realistic in her decision to exit the show. If the situation was real, in the fact that she had to go back to work earlier than expected or lose her job, and she really felt enough for this guy to have trouble making this decision, then why wouldn't she go to the man that she loves, explain the situation, and ask for his advice? Lose your job or take a chance with a man who's dating 3 other women...what else would you do but confront him and see if he's going to give you a reason to take that chance? Even if signing up for the show questions one's individual intellect, I think that was the best decision she could make, and the best way to handle it. Look at what she has - a man who is dating 3 other women, one of whom rubs everyone else the wrong way (sorry, if 1 girl had a problem with you, that would be different, but if you turn the entire house against you, then there's a problem...and the confirmation came when Vienna's parents said that she's always had that problem) that he keeps taking up for, and she has not only introduced him to her family as a potential future husband, but has shared a deep, personal (and to each his/her own, but not creepy on my account at all) and painful memory from her recent past, and he really hasn't returned a real sentiment back, with the exception of his robotic answer that he has given to everyone else. Kudos to Ali for leaving, because I'm sure that facebook job will be worth more than Jake in the future.

Gia - she seems to be the most down to Earth, and the most sensible of the remaining girls. First off, meeting up with the family in a neutral setting - a restaurant - not only shows a great deal of consideration for Jake, in my opinion, but also allows a certain degree of respect for her family (not inviting the world into their private life for the sake of a reality show) and allows her to keep her own comfort about her by being as cautious as she needs to be when dating a man on a reality tv show. Smart move. Her family seems normal, as well. Mom asking him, essentially, how it is possible for him to be falling in love with 4 women, and wanting to know what he honestly likes about Gia (and probably hoping he can come up with something other than the obvious), brother essentially telling Jake that he's got his number, and then questioning Gia about what she really thinks is going on, and then Gia being honest with her mom about what she feels and what she thinks he feels (that he treats her the same way as the other girls, doesn't see any different or unique treatment, and, most importantly, doesn't buy the "in love" thing because there is no possible way that he could truly be in love at this point). She has her head on straight, at least, and understands - at least at this point - what she's gotten herself into. She's also too good for the likes of Jake, too.

Tenley - I don't know how she got herself mixed up in this show - she just seems to want a replacement for her ex-husband, or this is a completely prolonged rebound into a hopeful serious relationship for her. I could go into it further, but girl isn't nearly at the place where she needs to be to even date, much less try to get married. This is only going to add more years of therapy to her current list of needs, in my opinion.

Vienna - I'm sorry, but I think she is just a catty witch. Like I said previously, when you have always had issues of so-called jealousy with other women throughout your life, the problem is with you, and I can see where the issues arise from after viewing last night's episode. The only child, daddy's little girl has been spoiled all her life, and has grown up in an atmosphere where it is perfectly expected to not be culpable of anything. I actually feel bad for her because her demeanor and behavior is a direct reflection of how she was raised, and it's hard to step out on your own, away from that bubble, when you don't ever have to. When you have that kind of life, thought, there should be no surprise when other people have little to no respect for you because you've spent your entire life acting like a 6 year old. If I were a man, and my girlfriend's dad told me she needed to be treated like a princess, I'd walk right out the door without any apologies. The fact that Jake actually played along and said, sure I'll treat her like a princess, just makes me gag. If that's really what he wants, then he should have left the Bachelorette show long before he was asked to leave. Which, to me, shows that he has no idea what he wants.

In all honesty, I agree with a lot of posts here - Jake does not want an equal or a challenge. I honestly don't think he wants a wife right now, really, but I hope the $$ he's getting paid to publicly display to the world that he has no balls is worth it in the end. What a disaster of a show.

Quote Originally Posted by minime13;3822934;
    If I were a man, and my girlfriend's dad told me she needed to be treated like a princess, I'd walk right out the door without any apologies. The fact that Jake actually played along and said, sure I'll treat her like a princess, just makes me gag.
    What's wrong with that? When you are with someone you should treat them with respect and love and all that. As long as it's not one sided. You should take care of each other not him taking care of her and that's it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3822955;
    What's wrong with that? When you are with someone you should treat them with respect and love and all that. As long as it's not one sided. You should take care of each other not him taking care of her and that's it.
    I never said anything about respect and love, but I just personally don't equate respect, love and partnership amongst two adults with the term of princess.

Princess is something you call your little girl. If you want her to continue to be a little girl for the rest of her life, then you keep insisting on calling her princess. This is just my opinion, but a father referring to his adult daughter as a princess seems a little demeaning. It projects a helplessness and dependency, especially when it comes to referring to her as one to a potential mate. I almost expected them to start discussing dowries.

minime13 says I just personally don't equate respect, love and partnership amongst two adults with the term of princess.
    ============================== =====
    Well if it's a term of endearment then I don't see anything wrong with it. Like Babe.. Honey.. Sweetie. Does that bother you too?

but a father referring to his adult daughter as a princess seems a little demeaning.
    ============================== =====
    Well he is her father. He will probably always see her as his princess.. Or baby. That's what a parent does.

Closed Thread