+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/01 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 2/01 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;3814344;
    leave vienna alone! omfg, Ali is f** annoying!! She's worse than vienna.
    Hey I don't blame Ali.. Vienna needs to go! And NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3814586;

Me personally, I'd let Corrie go. Virginity as a 'gift'?? Ughhhh.
    Virginity IS a gift. To give to someone you are in love with or for marriage. But that is just me. And hey Corrie too!

It certainly was a gift for me as well. There are a few of us out here who feel that way, and I hope I instill that in my girls as well. It's one thing you can never get back if tossed aside.

I wish he'd get rid of both Vienna and Ali at the same time. Why didn't he have to send one girl home on the 2 girl date like normal?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3814832;
    It certainly was a gift for me as well. There are a few of us out here who feel that way, and I hope I instill that in my girls as well. It's one thing you can never get back if tossed aside.

I wish he'd get rid of both Vienna and Ali at the same time. Why didn't he have to send one girl home on the 2 girl date like normal?
    No roses on dates from the F6 on. This season it was F5 because Jake sent one extra home last week.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3814802;
    Virginity IS a gift. To give to someone you are in love with or for marriage. But that is just me. And hey Corrie too!
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3814832;
    Ok let me rephrase. Losing your virginity is something special, but why consider it a 'gift'? Why not think of it instead as sharing something special with someone you love for the very first time?

That's probably what helped Jake decide to drop Corrie like a hot potato. Its fine if you want to wait for your first love for sex, but what if you get married and your partner finds out you don't enjoy it much or you're not very good at it, then what? You can't call it mulligans and move on can you? Do you really want to buy the car before test driving it? I sure wouldn't.
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3814935;
    Ok let me rephrase. Losing your virginity is something special, but why consider it a 'gift'? Why not think of it instead as sharing something special with someone you love for the very first time?
    Because then it wouldn't be something that abstinence-only folks could manipulate their kids with!

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3814935;
    That's probably what helped Jake decide to drop Corrie like a hot potato. Its fine if you want to wait for your first love for sex, but what if you get married and your partner finds out you don't enjoy it much or you're not very good at it, then what? You can't call it mulligans and move on can you? Do you really want to buy the car before test driving it? I sure wouldn't.
    Amen to that, brutha!
    (BTW, I say that as a former "born again" who has been happily [mostly] married for 15+ years, and who, although wasn't a virgin, didn't "test drive" her actual hubby before the honeymoon. Yes, I adore my husband, but also yes, I wish we would have lived together before marriage.)
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-02-2010 at 03:13 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I didn't see the second hour -- switched to "24". I'm guessing that Blessed Virgin Corrie got the boot?

If so, too bad. As annoying as she is, the Mistress of Manipulation (Vienna) is even more annoying. Ho-hum, I guess she's good for ratings.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Jake and Vienna seem to like each other a lot. It looks like they have the best chemistry. But maybe chemistry isn't necessarily something that can be seen.
    I just wonder why Ali has so much hatred for someone that really didn't seem to do anything. She comes across as bitter and cold to me. I wonder if she is only being kept on the show for drama since she is the ringleader against Vienna.

FORT Newbie

I was also a virgin until marriage and people who need to "test drive" their partner for his/her physical aspects supersede the meaning of what is sex in marriage. It's not just about one's own self and satisfaction. Sex is the topping on the cake and shouldn't be the focus of whether a relationship breaks or not. Expressing oneself fully through sex, is an expression of deep love for the person vowed to. But if marriage is not something to be upheld over the long-term, I can see why sex would be more of a focus than an intense, deep and meaningful, long-term relationship would be. The sex my husband and I have is indescribable and is rooted not on a superficial expectation but on our love for just each other. We have that bond that brings our marriage even closer.

I totally respect someone like Corrie and especially nowadays where sexual diseases fly rampant and people simply don't tell, I think it's more than worth it to save yourself until the right person is there. A person doesn't think of the consequences until it hits them and their whole family, too.

The thing that amazed me about tonight's show is that Jake revealed that he is STILL relying on that bungee jump with Vienna as the basis for their relationship. Because he was weak and she held him, he thinks she will be strong for him in everything else, too. But come on! The girl isn't strong enough to sit on a couch for 30 minutes and wait for him!

Jake must not have much dating experience if he can't see that her "attentiveness" is really "neediness". Hopefully, the hometown date will open his eyes.

Once again a Bach/ette gets down to the final 4 with no clear winner. Gia is insecure, which might be a problem later, and they don't seem to spend time doing anything but kissing. Ali seems nice, but she definitely has a bitchy side and she seemed to instigate at least some of the drama with Vienna. Tenley seems like the most compatible, but is she really ready emotionally? And Vienna is just going to smother him if they end up together.

I'd put them in order like this: Tenley, Gia, Ali, Vienna, but a lasting relationship with any of them seems like a long shot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast