Closed Thread
Page 1 of 544 123456789101151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Started one, since we don't have a spoiler media thread....

Bringing romance down to earth

Jake Pavelka says he didn’t notice the cameras while taping the newest season of ABC’s The Bachelor. He didn’t feel like he was making a television show.

The Atlantic Southeast Airlines pilot, who grew up in Denton, didn’t find love with Jillian Harris when he was a suitor on The Bachelorette, but he is giving it another shot.

Pavelka said he thought, “If it works for Jillian, why can’t it work for me?”
    ABC
    ABC
    Atlantic Southeast Airlines pilot Jake Pavelka, who grew up in Denton, is the star of the upcoming season of The Bachelor, premiering Monday.
    View larger More photos Photo store

The ABC show, which premieres Monday night, features 25 women vying to become the bachelor’s potential wife. Each week, at least one woman is eliminated. A rose presented to a participant signifies that he wants her to stay.

Pavelka said he was never skeptical of the process, and he never promised the show would go a certain way.

“I think that’s what is going to make the season entertaining,” Pavelka said, laughing. “I’m unpredictable.”

He said he thinks a problem with some past seasons is that participants weren’t being themselves.

“I think the trick to going on the show is being yourself,” said Pavelka, who attended Ryan High School and the University of North Texas before attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

Pavelka’s dream of becoming a pilot started at an early age. When he was growing up, one of his neighbors was a Delta pilot who took him up in his Cessna plane.

“I got bitten by the bug, and I’ve been flying ever since,” said Pavelka, who mowed lawns when he was 12 to make money for flying lessons.

His goal for The Bachelor was to make it like real life.

“I absolutely did not go on there to make a television show,” Pavelka said.

How the episodes turned out was not a concern for him, he said. Producers told him that if they missed a shot they wanted on tape, it was their fault and he didn’t need to worry about it.

Pavelka got started with the process when he was nominated for The Bachelorette by a church friend.

“I kind of had a little crush on Jillian,” he said about the Canadian interior designer, who first appeared on season 13 of The Bachelor.

During The Bachelorette, he had concerns about the motives of one of the men on the show, and he told Harris about them after he was eliminated. But Pavelka said he wasn’t worried about the motives of the women on The Bachelor, because he took steps beforehand.

He saw a life coach to learn how to discern different personalities, and he said he used his own experiences to determine whether people were on the show for the right reasons or not.

Pavelka said he believes in the process of the show. He compared it to having a best friend recommend a date, because of the rigorous interviewing process that participants go through.

“It puts you 10 steps ahead of the game,” he said.

Another aspect he liked was that relationships on the show don’t follow the pace of a normal relationship, which he thought had been one of his problems.

Pavelka said he can come on too strong in the beginning of a relationship.

For the show, he had to ask direct questions right away to get to know the women in a short amount of time. There was no time for the trivial issues like favorite colors.

“I asked some very direct questions,” Pavelka said.

He asked about the women’s goals, values, the number of children they would want and their life experiences.

Pavelka said being on each side of the rose is unique.

“I didn’t have a clue what Jillian was doing on her other dates,” he said.

On The Bachelorette, Pavelka said, he never knew what was going on with her other suitors.

“You’re left wondering: Is anyone going to top my date?” he said.

For The Bachelor, he said, he had to isolate each of the dates to make each woman feel special.

“You can’t allow yourself to dwell on any of the women because there are so many girls that came there to see you,” Pavelka said.

When the show starts airing Monday, Pavelka said, he’s interested to see what the women were doing when he wasn’t around. When he watched his episodes of The Bachelorette, he revisited the feelings he had experienced during taping.

“It’s kind of strange,” Pavelka said. “It takes you back to the moment.”
    Bringing romance down to earth | Denton Record Chronicle | News for Denton County, Texas | Local News

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

Thank you Cupcakes! Is it okay if we have discussion in this thread as well as media articles, etc?
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3781962;
    Thank you Cupcakes! Is it okay if we have discussion in this thread as well as media articles, etc?
    Ofcourse! =) We always have a discussion thread for media mentions every season.

Reality TV becomes reality

Reality shows is all that there seems to be on television these days. They have shows that range from weight loss (Biggest Loser) to talent contests (American Idol) and everything in between. I am actually SHOCKED that I have not known someone on one of these shows before. I have had many friends who have had friends on shows and it is always fun to watch and cheer them on but it was never a real personal connection.

However, all of that is about to change. My dear friend Tenley who was my old roommate, European travel partner, and an amazing woman of God is going to be on The Bachelor on January 4th.

I know that “amazing woman of God” and “The Bachelor” do not usually go hand in hand but it’s true. I am looking forward to watching her and cheering her on as she starts a new chapter and journey in her life. And who knows… she may even find love!

Best of luck Tenley! You are a beautiful woman inside and out!
    Good Tree » Blog Archive » Reality TV becomes reality

There is more about Tenley's history on abc.com under her bio pic. Some back and forth between some posters that claim to know Tenley.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3781965;
    Ofcourse! =) We always have a discussion thread for media mentions every season.

Reality TV becomes reality

Good Tree » Blog Archive » Reality TV becomes reality

There is more about Tenley's history on abc.com under her bio pic. Some back and forth between some posters that claim to know Tenley.
    Just making extra sure! =)

Tenley seems like a great woman. You can just tell from her promo photo.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Jake Pavelka Gives ET a Private Tour of His 'Bachelor' Pad

Just in time for the season premiere of "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love," ET gets a private tour of Jake Pavelka's Texas bachelor pad!

Not only is the 31-year-old commercial pilot quite the hunk, but he can also cook! And Jake tells ET that he likes to cook for women, because going out to dinner all the time gets old.

"My most romantic meal would probably be either a lemon pepper chicken or chicken piccata. Or, I can actually do a really good beef barley stew. You know on days when it is really cold -- maybe a Sunday after you get back from church or something like that -- it takes all day to cook and then around four or five in the afternoon, it is perfect," Jake says.

As a pilot, Jake is a pretty analytical guy, but he also has a creative side. He expresses that part of himself by remodeling his house and building furniture in the shop in his garage.

"My mom is actually an artist, and I don't know why, but she won't show her work," he says. "But she actually painted this picture for me to accent the [great room] wall. I am putting up crown molding. You know, making a nice frame transition from the ceiling and the wall. This is probably one of my favorite rooms. I spent more time remodeling in here than any other room in the house so far."

Even with all the work Jake has put into his house, if he meets Miss Right on the new season of "The Bachelor," and if she loves her job and is close to her family, he would consider making a move.

"We would figure it out," Jake says. "Keep a house in Dallas and move to [wherever]. I am a pilot. I can absolutely move wherever and just be as mobile as I need to be. I could never dream of ripping someone away from their family."

That said, Jake won't give a straight answer as to whether or not he needs to consider moving because one of the 25 ladies won his heart.

He says cryptically, "One thing that I did do is stay true to myself. I didn't necessarily do what everybody expected me to do. I followed my heart."
    Jake Pavelka Gives ET A Private Tour Of His 'Bachelor' Pad

FORT Fanatic

Jake will be on Regis and Kelly today starting now where I am.

Thanks, britty. Watching Jake now. He looks very handsome, and said he cared a lot for Jillian. He also said Wes confided in him several times about his (Wes's) mean intentions...thus, why he went to Jillian giving her a head's up on Wes.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3782735;
    Jake will be on Regis and Kelly today starting now where I am.

I hope he reveals if he chose someone. Maybe someone can post the video. Recently, he sounds very evasive on those questions. I hope that doesn't mean a lousy outcome!
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Fanatic

Watched Jake on Regis & Kelly this morning. I think he did well! IMO he displayed personality and wasn't as stiff as he has been in previous interviews.

Regis was very funny talking about Jake breakin "man-code" by ratting out Wes during Jillian's season and questioned Jake on that. Even Kelly, who had been pretty negative about the show last season, said she's now going to watch Jake.

They didnt' ask Jake if he had ended up with someone. Also, the clip shown this morning was Jilly giving Jake advice - the same from CityTv clip.

Jake will also be on ET Monday. Doubt there will be spoilers, but we may see more of the women before tonight's 1st episode.

Closed Thread