Closed Thread
Page 96 of 544 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

Bachelor Host: "So Much More Drama" Coming Up

Bachelor fans have already tuned in to plenty of scandal, but the show's host promises that it's only getting better.

"There is so much other stuff coming up that is a legitimate big deal," Chris Harrison tells UsMagazine.com. "There is so much more drama that comes that has much more to do with Jake Pavelka's emotions and the show itself."

In fact, more excitement is only an episode away.

"Next week's rose ceremony is crazy!" he hinted to Us at the Kari Feinstein Style Lounge in L.A. on Saturday.

He didn't say, however, if it promises to be more scandalous than the previous Bachelor headlines with Bachelorette Michelle, who didn't even make it to the rose ceremony this week, and Rozlyn Papa, who departed the show after it was revealed that she had an affair with one of the show's producers. Instead, he calls the affair scandal "a little bump in the road."

"We never intended it to be that big of a deal but I think she has done a good job of making it a big deal," he says.

How does Harrison stack this season up compared to the 14 seasons of The Bachelor and five seasons of The Bachelorette?

"Itís the best ever! It's the most dramatic ever," he tells Us. "It's been good."
    News – Bachelor Host: "So Much More Drama" Coming Up – Movies, TV & Music – UsMagazine.com
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3805496;
    "There is so much other stuff coming up that is a legitimate big deal," Chris Harrison tells UsMagazine.com. "There is so much more drama that comes that has much more to do with Jake Pavelka's emotions and the show itself."

I wonder of CH is preparing us for Ali leaving for work related reasons? Why does he use the word "legitimate"?
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3805511;

I wonder of CH is preparing us for Ali leaving for work related reasons? Why does he use the word "legitimate"?
    I think maybe he's saying legitimate because CH is always exaggerating by saying "the most dramatic RC" & "the most romantic proposal ever". Maybe this time it really is "the most emotional 4th episode rose ceremony ever!!"/
    ďWhen life kicks you, let it kick you forward.Ē Kay Yow

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3805511;

I think he is just placing an adjective in front of "big deal" to make it stand out. This coming episode and the ones that follow must be doozies.

My next door neighbor - watcher, not sleuther - when asked what she thought how the show was going said, "Drama, drama, drama!" with a big grin on her face.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by equus;3805345;
    ooooooo Bloomer, youre good... you dont perhaps live nearby the mansion... do you?
    There is a pre-Civil War Southern Plantation mansion 20 miles from my home if that counts.

The closest I have ever come to anybody on TV is one of the local weather forecasters who appeared at a school assembly program. Sorry, but no can do!
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Regular

It's been mentioned that Fleiss is more into the drama and story and could care less about a "happy ending"--believing that viewers don't want to see "happy". Would be interesting to see a poll if that's how viewers really feel.

Certainly the drama and story keep it "alive" as evidenced by long discussion threads and increased viewers after media disclosures. But do we watch just to see a trainwreck and broken hearts?? Would we get bored with lots of "happily-ever-afters"? Isn't there a way to have drama and a love story (and scandal and media frenzy) and still have a love match?

Somehow this season with the "you don't have to choose anyone" media comments just makes me wonder if I'll feel cheated at the end----again!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3805593;
    It's been mentioned that Fleiss is more into the drama and story and could care less about a "happy ending"--believing that viewers don't want to see "happy". Would be interesting to see a poll if that's how viewers really feel.

Certainly the drama and story keep it "alive" as evidenced by long discussion threads and increased viewers after media disclosures. But do we watch just to see a trainwreck and broken hearts?? Would we get bored with lots of "happily-ever-afters"? Isn't there a way to have drama and a love story (and scandal and media frenzy) and still have a love match?

Somehow this season with the "you don't have to choose anyone" media comments just makes me wonder if I'll feel cheated at the end----again!!

If you read interviews with Fleiss, you will see that he is convinced that trash is necessary to successfully sell reality tv. He has talked before about all of the drama, and he has also remarked more than once on his opinion that to him it is more about the journey or getting there for singles dating than the relationship at the end (and whether they live happily ever after).
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJL1953;3805492;
    There is. If you go to MSN TV, there is an interview on Access Hollywood, where they ask him about Vienna and he laughs and says that is funny.
    Can you provide a link? I cannot find this

Quote Originally Posted by dhwirch;3805606;
    Can you provide a link? I cannot find this
    Here it is.

MSN TV Video
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl;3805609;
    Here it is.

MSN TV Video
    Thanks! I wonder what he means when he says the "like" wasn't part of the reason he sent two girls home on the 2 on 1 date. It sounds like he liked one of the girls that left. I can't wait to see this on Monday.

After thinking about it more, I my guess is the person he liked that he let go was Ella. It probably has something to do with her son somehow.
    Last edited by Tiggerlgh; 01-23-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Closed Thread