Closed Thread
Page 95 of 544 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3805405;
    Thank you. Coming from Wes and the fact that he hated Jake I will take it with a grain of salt.
    Before you raise your sodium levels unnecessarily, it was Wes defending his own behavior that his local station had to put online. It had nothing at all to do with Jake, but referred to some inside jokes among the guys and some of the producer baiting practices that people are discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3805398;
    What is a horndog? Someone that enjoys sex with mutliple women? How could he have been like that when jillian was the only girl?
    I wanted to correct my earlier post...it was said that Jake was the horniest bachelor, not a horndog. Here is a post by sdl telling us some information that he heard: Very interesting read if true.

posted by sdl :
    I had an interesting conversation today.
    I called a friend at ABC to try to find out more on the breakup of Luke and Tali from More to Love - I know that show didn't air on ABC but it was a Fleiss vehicle picked up by Fox - and I really fell for the love story. I thought my friend might know something through the grapevine. That's another story.
    The conversation turned to TB, which is where his focus is right now. I don't want to offend anyone, but this is what I was told.
    Jake is not popular. He was described as the "horniest guy we've had on this show since Jesse Palmer (was Jesse horny, I don't remember?). He is nothing off screen like he is portrayed on screen - demanding, short tempered, and says he will do things that he has no intention of doing. It has not made him many friends in the production group.
    They do not think he's very smart, interesting, or honest. He talks about religion, but goes for the cheapest girls.
    Since this season is premised on the "can nice guys finish first?" theme, it is an editing nightmare to decide which way to go - cover up the blemishes or throw him to the wolves. That's where they are now.
    I've got to run but those are the highlights. Again, I apologize if my comments are offensive, but that's exactly what I was told.
    I hope it's okay to post again sdl! Let me know if it's not!
    Last edited by sanlee; 01-23-2010 at 01:36 AM.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3805405;
    Thank you. Coming from Wes and the fact that he hated Jake I will take it with a grain of salt.
    This just reminded me of something that was on Wes's facebook.

Wes Hayden I am pushing for a charity boxing match with Jake. All the proceeds will go to the victims in Haiti. Spread the word!!

Looks like his opinion of Jake hasn't changed..

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3805415;
    I wanted to correct my earlier post...it was said that Jake was the horniest bachelor, not a horndog. Here is a post by sdl telling us some information that he heard: Very interesting read if true.
    Okay that explains much.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3804297;
    I saw Jake differently than some last night on JK. I thought he looked relaxed and very happy. He appeared to be having a good time of it. When JK moved into the obligatory questions about did you pick someone etc... Jake was then out of his comfort zone. I don't think he has a good poker face so he goes strictly with the company line that they've crafted for him and he puts on a stern look so as to not give anything away. It appears to me he's not able to be relaxed and lie at the same time so he ends up looking stern. Jillian was much better at playing around with her responses. No doubt JK is a network puppet like CH and was told to bring out the Ali angle and the 'I don't think you picked anyone' line which is essentially the same message they're having Jake put out there without actually saying it.

The only real emotion I saw from Jake once JK started in on the company line was a look of disapproval about the comment that he should pick Ali and the crowds reaction - which I also believe was qued by the producers. If Jake has picked Vienna or anyone for that matter, he would have a difficult time keeping a straight face during that exchange. His emotions would be deeply involved there and that leads me to believe maybe Jake has picked someone after all.
    I disagree, I don't think it was disapproval. I think that he was anticipating JK saying Ali and it brought back hurt feelings. He also looked uncomfortable and disappointed.... maybe depressed.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3805430;
    I think actions speak louder than words and so far Jake has been almost the exact opposite of a horndog.
    I'd agree, but then there is that whole business of the "edit" So who really knows what's going on? That horndog thing was from sdl per his friend, not wes.

I only mentioned that video because someone was wondering how he could be a horndog with only Jillian around. According to Wes, the guys took lots and lots of long showers :-D So perhaps Jake was just the cleanest one during that show

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3805456;
    I disagree, I don't think it was disapproval. I think that he was anticipating JK saying Ali and it brought back hurt feelings. He also looked uncomfortable and disappointed.... maybe depressed.
    It might not have been disapproval. He might just have been uncomfortable. Up until that point I thought he looked relaxed and in a good mood. I didn't pick up on a depressed mood at all.

This time period - during the airing of the show and any fallout afterwards might be a very difficult time for him though. Maybe you're picking up on something that I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3805465;
    It might not have been disapproval. He might just have been uncomfortable. Up until that point I thought he looked relaxed and in a good mood. I didn't pick up on a depressed mood at all.

This time period - during the airing of the show and any fallout afterwards might be a very difficult time for him though. Maybe you're picking up on something that I'm not.
    When they zoomed in on his face, to me it looked like he was just trying really hard not to react to the question one way or the other. Could be he is just tired of people saying it's Ali or maybe the subject of Ali is still a sore spot for him. Who knows with Jake. He is hard to read in his interviews. I wish someone would ask him about Vienna specifically so we could see what his reaction to that was, if any.
    Last edited by chaslom4; 01-23-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3805468;
    When they zoomed in on his face, to me it looked like he was just trying really hard not to react to the question one way or the other. Could be he is just tired of people saying it's Ali or maybe the subject of Ali is still a sore spot for him. Who knows with Jake. He is hard to read in these interviews. I wish someone would ask him about Vienna specifically so we could see what his reaction to that was, if any.
    I would like to see him asked about Vienna too but I don't think it's going to happen.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3805472;
    I would like to see him asked about Vienna too but I don't think it's going to happen.
    There is. If you go to MSN TV, there is an interview on Access Hollywood, where they ask him about Vienna and he laughs and says that is funny.

Closed Thread