Closed Thread
Page 92 of 544 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by equus;3805313;
    I also wonder if maybe a Fleiss producer takes them off to the side during the cocktail party and points out certain things - all you have to do is to point out someone across the room and say "I think I heard your name being mentioned over there and not in a good way... Vienna might have not cared less to interrupt if she thought Elizabeth was bashing her to Jake... Or if they told her an extra $500 bucks in your contract if you go interrupt someone with Jake... either way, it could happen!
    Yeah, these are the things that we don't know (AND WE WANT TO KNOW) that drive us crazy... we just don't know how far the producers pull the strings. I just know that Vienna started her conversation saying something about the drama in the house, so I have to believe that she tried to defend herself. Plus Elizabeth was getting on my nerves so badly with her 'Kiss me, don't kiss, you want to kiss me, I want to kiss you, I'm good kisser' routine that scooby doo could have come an interrupted her and I would have cheered.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3805318;
    Was it Elizabeth that interrupted? I remember her making that comment, but I thought it was because he had been carried off by someone else and she returned to the girls.

He clearly didn't really want to be talking to Vienna either, he did the perfunctory reassurance thing, but he was trying to figure out which of the other girls he was going to let go. It wouldn't have been a that big a deal if it had been anyone other than the only rose holder to interrupt at that point. There is still basic good manners, and Vienna by not displaying those is causing the situation with the other girls. She justifies it by blaming it on how jealous they all are of her, yet again refusing to take responsibility. I think that if you took Vienna out of the situation, the girls would have other minor conflicts or whatever with each other, they were doing so during the first two episodes, but Vienna is just the most egregious. They're all there to win the guy, but sometimes it isn't just whether you win or lose, but how you play the game and Vienna is pulling some shady moves. She's now that horrible girl who cries and carries on a lot but doesn't care if she hurts anyone else, or for any one else's tears.
    You're right....it was Ashley who interrupted Jake and Vienna's alone time...and when Vienna returned to the other girls, that is when Elizabeth commented on it.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3805329;
    Yeah, these are the things that we don't know (AND WE WANT TO KNOW) that drive us crazy... we just don't know how far the producers pull the strings. I just know that Vienna started her conversation saying something about the drama in the house, so I have to believe that she tried to defend herself. Plus Elizabeth was getting on my nerves so badly with her 'Kiss me, don't kiss, you want to kiss me, I want to kiss you, I'm good kisser' routine that scooby doo could have come an interrupted her and I would have cheered.
    TPTB go to great lengths. It is known they ask leading questions to the girls to get "desired" responses in the PI's. And if they don't get the "desired" response there is always good ole Frankenbyte.

They have been known to encourage certain behaviors at the M and G by telling the unsuspecting--"if you don't do this, you might be cut, you won't stand out" or "do this because ______ is really into that kind of thing."
    Certainly no one believe Jillian just had all those hotdogs and fixings around at Jason's M and G by chance? Or that Stacy came to the M and G with a brand new pair of panties to stuff in Matt's suit. (she came out herself saying a staffer gave them to her)

TPTB don't just pull the strings. They try to control them.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

And in her exit interview and others, Elizabeth STILL did not get the fact that he did not want to kiss her in the end... it makes you wonder, is that part of the script too?

FORT Fogey

Occasionally, we will hear from a past contender who will give us a few tidbits. We know from them that there are (unseen) producers who are suggesting certain things to get the reactions that they want on film. What I didn't realize until I read it specifically on one account is how sly the producers can be with the producer prompts. This contender reported that the producer words it in such a reasonable way that the contender thinks, "Yeah! that is what I should do." Then when it shows up on the edit, of course, it doesn't look so good.

A possible scenario:

Producer: Vienna, I know you're concerned about what Jake may possibly be thinking. Why don't you take a moment and go get it settled with him.
    Vienna: He is talking with someone else.
    Producer: You know that there is limited time before the Rose Ceremony, and everyone is going to want to talk with him. Besides, Jake was in your position when Jillian was the Bachelorette. He will understand if you break in. It won't take but a minute....
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3805338;
    TPTB go to great lengths. It is known they ask leading questions to the girls to get "desired" responses in the PI's. And if they don't get the "desired" response there is always good ole Frankenbyte.

They have been known to encourage certain behaviors at the M and G by telling the unsuspecting--"if you don't do this, you might be cut, you won't stand out" or "do this because ______ is really into that kind of thing."
    Certainly no one believe Jillian just had all those hotdogs and fixings around at Jason's M and G by chance? Or that Stacy came to the M and G with a brand new pair of panties to stuff in Matt's suit. (she came out herself saying a staffer gave them to her)

TPTB don't just pull the strings. They try to control them.
    Where the heck have I been that I missed all this... Makes perfect sense that they would stir the pot to heighten the drama.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dhwirch;3803592;
    And yet, if Ali was Jake's choice and she left him at F4 - that would also explain why he hits his low.. (the one girl he wanted - left) and if he still has feelings for her - rubbing it in his face that everyone thinks him and Ali make a great pair - and he agrees - but she left him) that could also account for his sadness.
    Think about it.
    Jake: (I am falling in love with Ali)
    Ali: I am falling in love with you Jake
    Jake: (I know Ali is the one I will choose)
    Ali: I need to leave now Jake
    Jake: (say huh? what? no, don't go. You are the one I choose but I can't tell you that)
    fast forward to televised show
    Jakes friends: Wow, Jake. Ali is perfect for you. I hope you chose Ali.
    Jake: (shut up, I did but she left) you don't have to choose anyone
    Ellen D: Jake, I think you should choose Ali (audience cheers loudly)
    Jake: (shut up, I did but she left) you don't have to choose anyone
    Jimmy K: Jake, I think you should have chosen Ali (audience cheers loudly)
    Jake: (shut up on this already. She didn't want to stick around) you don't have to choose anyone. I followed my heart.

Getting bombarded by all sides that Ali is the majority's choice for Jake, she left at F4, he wanted her as F1.... Yea, I wouldn't be so happy either.
    ITA that would STINK!!

FORT Fan

TPTB can suggest things and may trick the girls into doing stuff, I'm guessing that's what all that free flowing alcohol is for, but they're still the ones doing them! Even if someone gave you a new pair of panties, are you going to put it into some guy's pocket? They're willing to do some of these things, and ultimately they're responsible for their actions. The edits though are pretty bad, I think the edits and the VO they have more leeway with.

Perhaps it's lost in the edit, but if Vienna had bothered to try to fake a look of chagrin at the interruption, or an apology to Elizabeth at some point, I think she could have defused some of the tension. The girls don't like her because she refuses to do that. If it was the producer telling her to be so rude, there are other ways to smooth it over. Her edits show her to be just fine with saying things she doesn't mean just to smooth things over. And she's good at feigning utter ignorance even the when the girls spell out why her actions were disturbing. She brings the dislike upon herself deliberately and then plays the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805340;

A possible scenario:

Producer: Vienna, I know you're concerned about what Jake may possibly be thinking. Why don't you take a moment and go get it settled with him.
    Vienna: He is talking with someone else.
    Producer: You know that there is limited time before the Rose Ceremony, and everyone is going to want to talk with him. Besides, Jake was in your position when Jillian was the Bachelorette. He will understand if you break in. It won't take but a minute....
    ooooooo Bloomer, youre good... you dont perhaps live nearby the mansion... do you?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3803601;
    We know Ali wasn't in the fantasy suites. Is he talking about Vienna?

Part of me thinks it is only an act, to lead us down the wrong path.
    But part of me remembers how suspicious people were of Brad & Jason's interviews, and they were right.
    I think he could have been referring to Tenley-- wouldn't have been right for him to take her to the FS .... too soon for her and everyone would have called him a cad if he started talking about and insinuating about having "fun" with the girls.

Closed Thread