Closed Thread
Page 91 of 544 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3804970;
    There are many man who likes a strong woman but there are those who cant stand a dictator.

Ali could have taken Vienna aside and talk to her she did not need to curse her out in front of every one. More over the comedy club event sure must make Jake think, is that how someone who all say so intelligent act laughing at someone else expense and more over congratulating someone for such an act. He did not give out a rose that night I wonder did they get the message evidently not because she went at Vienna again at the rose ceremony and Vienna let her show her ugly side to the world. Her tv character has a deficiency.
    ITA Yes, this show is spliced and diced, but the words that Ali said came out of her mouth. Corrie's ugly "comedy" routine really happened. You can't say that Fleiss made up that insulting toast. I guess I feel sorry for Vienna because I know what it's like to be socially awkward and have a bunch of mean girls pick on you. It's like sharks smelling blood in the water and everyone piling on. That's what I saw in most of the girls in the house (aside from the mutes & Gia). It was a feeding frenzy. Vienna does come off as a little trashy and her intro left a lot to be desired, but she's probably a lovely, clueless girl. And, I'm sure that Ali and the others are not really mean girls, but that this situation is beyond stressful. If any of them really do have real feelings for Jake, I can't imagine the jealousy. The point is none of us really know the truth. Are they pissed at Vienna for leaving the cap off the toothpaste or did she insult their mothers? Who really knows! I just don't think that character assassination is appropriate for either Vienna or Ali since we only have the little tidbits that Fleiss is feeding us!

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3805036;
    Watching the "attack again" I see the issue they have with Vienna, and it's not so much about her "honesty" or "bluntness".

After she rejoins them after talking to Jake, where he dutifully gives her some reassurance and then sends her promptly on her way while she makes gooey eyes at him. They asked her if she knew that she took him away from someone, and she responds with "oh Elizabeth, but I walked up and she said I'm not ready yet." Does she understand the words that are coming out of her mouth? And this doesn't seem all spliced and diced. She clearly doesn't understand. They tried to explain to her that other people didn't have one on one time, but Vienna just goes on with "but I wanted to clarify."

Then she walks off, and the girls are like that's why we don't like her. She busts in like a bull in a china shop and even when they tell her why what did was rude, inconsiderate etc. she still doesn't seem to get it. She sees the girl she just interrupted in tears, and she just stands there. Where is that softer side? Making someone cry doesn't seem to matter much to her.

Ali went up to her and Ella and let her know, because she clearly still didn't get it. She spoke softly and earnestly, no anger, no cursing, no yelling. She keeps saying she doesn't understand, but Ali clearly tells her that she's hurting people. What exactly doesn't Vienna understand at this point? And where is this attack that's mentioned so often. Re-watching the whole scene, I'm just not seeing it. There was no attack. Even after all of that Vienna doesn't seek out Elizabeth to apologize, even one of insincere ones would have been something, but she remains adamantly and determinedly clueless.
    Just like every other girl has interrupted 1 on 1 time with everyone else. What makes Elizabeth's 1 on 1 time being interrupted any different. I believe it is because it was Vienna that interrupted. (Just like Ali said about Vienna's date.)

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3805044;
    But don't you see - This is just the producers mirroring wht Elizabeth did to Vienna. It is turn about. I don't get why it is okay for one but not for the other. And it is what they do. It is in the script - both times. It says nothing about the character of either.
    Why is no one incensed that Other girls have not been called out for interrupting?
    In the zeal to make Ali "all-wonderful" and Vienna "most-despised" the playing field is not level.
    Really - we don't know these girls. Are we talking about how Fleiss make them look or extrapolating onto the real girl?
    Precisely!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sallys;3805256;
    I agree. Last season there was much of the same disdain when Wes interrupted when he had a rose. I see the same thing that happened this season, except it seemed a lot cattier, I think in part because of the fact that they are women.
    Molly with a rose in hand interrupted Megan's time with Jason. When I see it happen in season after season, I have to think that is a producer prompt intended to stir up controversy and a buzz - just like it is doing now.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805267;
    Molly with a rose in hand interrupted Megan's time with Jason. When I see it happen in season after season, I have to think that is a producer prompt intended to stir up controversy and a buzz - just like it is doing now.
    I agree... and I can't say anything about Molly/Megan... I watched Jason's season with half an eye open... he skeeved me out
    REIDiculous - SALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805267;
    It is an accepted part of the game...I mean show. Interrupt, out impress, out shine, out play your opponenet and remember you start out with 24 opponents.

See I didn't see Vienna hogging Jake or his time. She interrupted a conversation that Jake CLEARLY didn't want to continue and defended herself against whatever the ALI said to him about her. Remember Ali told Vienna she told Jake she didn't like the fact that he gave her a rose on their 1:1. ALso remember that when Vienna was having OoO time with Jake and in an conversation about her short illfated marriage...ELIZABETH interrupted and then told Vienna in so many words TO BAD, sweetie you, should have used your time wisely. Of course Elizabeth pull the crying OMG Vienna interrupted me...how rude, selfish...blah blah blah. There are no rules in this show.. it's every woman or man for him or herself. But if one girl is expected to behave by some unwritten rules then they all do.
    Last edited by hepcat; 01-22-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: omitted word.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3805295;
    See I didn't see Vienna hogging Jake or his time. She interrupted a conversation that Jake CLEARLY didn't want to continue and defended herself against whatever the ALI said to him about her. Remember Ali told Vienna she told Jake she didn't like the fact that he gave her a rose on their 1:1. ALso remember that when Vienna was having OoO time with Jake and in an conversation about her short illfated marriage...ELIZABETH interrupted and then told Vienna in so many words TO BAD, sweetie you, should have used your time wisely. Of course Elizabeth pull the crying OMG Vienna interrupted me...how rude, selfish...blah blah blah. There are no rules in this show.. it's every woman or man for him or herself. But if one girl is expected to behave by some unwritten rules then they all do.
    I also wonder if maybe a Fleiss producer takes them off to the side during the cocktail party and points out certain things - all you have to do is to point out someone across the room and say "I think I heard your name being mentioned over there and not in a good way... Vienna might have not cared less to interrupt if she thought Elizabeth was bashing her to Jake... Or if they told her an extra $500 bucks in your contract if you go interrupt someone with Jake... either way, it could happen!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3805295;
    Was it Elizabeth that interrupted? I remember her making that comment, but I thought it was because he had been carried off by someone else and she returned to the girls.

He clearly didn't really want to be talking to Vienna either, he did the perfunctory reassurance thing, but he was trying to figure out which of the other girls he was going to let go. It wouldn't have been a that big a deal if it had been anyone other than the only rose holder to interrupt at that point. There is still basic good manners, and Vienna by not displaying those is causing the situation with the other girls. She justifies it by blaming it on how jealous they all are of her, yet again refusing to take responsibility. I think that if you took Vienna out of the situation, the girls would have other minor conflicts or whatever with each other, they were doing so during the first two episodes, but Vienna is just the most egregious. They're all there to win the guy, but sometimes it isn't just whether you win or lose, but how you play the game and Vienna is pulling some shady moves. She's now that horrible girl who cries and carries on a lot but doesn't care if she hurts anyone else, or for any one else's tears.

ETA: It was Ashley E. who interrupted her not Elizabeth. And Vienna was quite upset that she did so in the middle of her intense discussion, and she ran to the girls to complain, just as Elizabeth did, and said the same things. Elizabeth wasn't that sympathetic, but she wasn't really that mean to her either.
    Last edited by ramanusia; 01-22-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by equus;3805313;[b
    ]I also wonder if maybe a Fleiss producer takes them off to the side[/b] during the cocktail party and points out certain things - all you have to do is to point out someone across the room and say "I think I heard your name being mentioned over there and not in a good way... Vienna might have not cared less to interrupt if she thought Elizabeth was bashing her to Jake... Or if they told her an extra $500 bucks in your contract if you go interrupt someone with Jake... either way, it could happen!
    That does happen.
    I forget who HDDA was talking to 1:1 during a group date but a staffer convinced Tina and another girl to kind of spy and then interrupt the 1:1 time.
    Tina later came forward in her blog and admitted this and feeling stupid doing it.
    I think they did the same with Twilley encouraging him to hide in the bushes watching De come home from her date and then sneak in a chat.
    TPTB live for this sort of suggestive push.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Closed Thread