Closed Thread
Page 61 of 544 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

and here's Ashley Elsmore

ABC Medianet

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3802812;
    Thanks for finding that.

What an appealing interview subject. She handled that interview really well. And I agreed with just about everything she said. The main problem with her don't kiss me thing was that the note said she wouldn't even kiss him at F3 or F2 or even F1 stages of the game. That would be HORRIBLE television, so she was setting herself up to fail. She should have expressed caution, anxiety, reserve without setting herself up for a Tv Fall. On her NEXT show she'll know better.

She says she isn't an actress or model wannabe, and I decided to take her word for it.
    I enjoyed the interview myself. Not surprising she is in sales or wants to be in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3802806;
    Very interesting...

She is rooting for Tenley for F1.
    She talks about Vienna but downplays the drama..
    She says if she had been on the bungee date with Jake and he cried she would have pushed him off instead of comforting him.

Are we allow to pull parts of the interview out and post it in this thread?

What a sore loser . Thats what happens when you play games. She needs a lesson in how to play the game of love.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3802819;
    there's a blog link over at Joker's that makes a profound statement about Michelle: 'she's a few coconuts short of a crazy tree'
    Does Ellen choose what girls she wants to interview?

FORT Fanatic

Is Jake still going on Jimmy Kimmel tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3802909;
    What a sore loser . Thats what happens when you play games. She needs a lesson in how to play the game of love.
    From looking at Beth's background, she was into sky diving. So, she wouldn't be sympathetic to Jake being afraid.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3802813;
    In Michelle's PI outside of the Comedy Club, she also said "most of the women, well maybe some of them... felt like I was the woman for Jake" (paraphrased). I just about choked when I heard that! How delusional and desparate is she?
    I thought (but don't remember for sure) that Michelle said "some of the people." Thus, I thought she might be referring to her handler and a few other staff people who were feeding that to her to keep up the drama.

She just said on Ellen that Jake had a birthday this month (or last month). So is he now 32? If so, wow! The oldest lady left is 26. V is only 23--somehow that just doesn't seem right. I certainly haven't seen that she "very mature for her age."
    Last edited by beader; 01-20-2010 at 04:53 PM.

FORT Fogey

beader - Can you summarize how Michelle's interview with Ellen went? I'm so bummed I missed it!

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beader;3803022;
    I thought (but don't remember for sure) that Michelle said "some of the people." Thus, I thought she might be referring to her handler and a few other staff people who were feeding that to her to keep up the drama.

She just said on Ellen that Jake had a birthday this month (or last month). So is he now 32? If so, wow! The oldest lady left is 26. V is only 23--somehow that just doesn't seem right. I certainly haven't seen that she "very mature for her age."
    Jake's birthday is January 27, that is when he will be 32.

I only remember that because it is the same as one of my sister's, and he said it at the M&G
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Here is an interview Elizabeth gave to her local paper:

The following is a Tuesday morning interview between Kitt and the Wauneta Breeze:

Wauneta Breeze: Itís nice to finally have a conversation with you after watching you on TV for several weeks.

Elizabeth Kitt: Thanks. Surprise! I didnít marry Jake Pavelka!

WB: Thatís probably for the best. That said, letís get down to the nitty-gritty here, okay?

EK: Letís do it. Bring it on.

WB: What were your intentions going into the show? Was it a) to find true love, settle down and get married, b) to have a little fun, or c) a launching pad for other ambitions?

EK: A and B. Iím out here trying to find a good sales job, but Iím struggling to find one due to the current job market. I decided that since I was picked out of thousands of applicants, I might as well see if this experience would equal true love. I knew it was a longshot, but why not have a little fun and see? Not many people get offered an opportunity such as this. I never came out here to get into the acting or modeling industry.

WB: You have a huge, supportive following across Nebraska. Anything you want to say to your fans, friends and family here before we dig in too deep?

EK: I am amazed at how wonderful my Nebraska fans are. Even as the episodes went on, I had so many people supporting me and telling me how proud they are to know me. Itís touching. It really says a lot about growing up in the Midwest. People really care.

WB: Your mom, Polly Rothwell, suggested you go on the show, and another friend (Wauneta native Emily Haarberg-Sofia) helped you with your audition tape. Do you appreciate the fact that they guided you into all of this?

EK: My mom has always been my biggest supporter, and my second biggest supporter would be Emily. Mom submitted me for the show in true ďYou have to meet my daughterĒ fashion. Emily not only helped me with the audition tape, but when I was struggling to come up with nine dresses for the show, she had a dress in the mail for me the very next day. I still need to send that back to her, come to think of it. Iím blessed to have the two of them in my life.

WB: Letís go back to the first episode. When your introduction segment came on, I could imagine a collective gasp from all the local folks who remember you as a gorgeous little lady, but maybe hadnít seen you in a while. Two words: Knock. Out.

EK: Aww... thank you.

WB: What was your initial reaction when you stepped out of the limo and Jake stood there grinning like the Cheshire Cat?

EK: My initial thought was, ďIs this really happening?Ē Then I went with what I know. I wasnít trying to be anything other than myself. I didnít want to be cheesy with a gimmick, just me. The snowboarding comment, the football throwing... That was all me.

WB: You seemed extremely cool, calm and collected in that initial meet-and-greet moment. Were you really that calm underneath?

EK: I was surprisingly calm. I felt very comfortable the whole way through. For me itís not hard to just be myself.

WB: Direct quote from you: ďYou can tell a lot about a guy by the way he throws a football.Ē Now Beth, Iíve seen your brothers throw footballs. And Jake, on my TV, just didnít stack up to those boys in the Football Throwing Department.

EK: I agree. And watching it for myself at home, had I gotten an instant replay that night, I would have retracted my comment about how Jake looked perfect throwing the football. He claims it was hard to throw in a fitted suit, but I was in a full-length gown. He was a good sport for playing catch with me, but good at sports? I think not.

WB: You said in your exit interview that you felt a connection to Jake and thought you two were advancing as a couple. Did you see that connection when you watched the show?

EK: I felt as much of a connection as you can have for someone knowing them for such a small amount of time. Heís attractive and fun, and I would have liked to have been given a chance to know him better, but I didnít really get that chance. After watching the show and seeing how he was connecting to some of the other girls, itís clear we didnít have as strong of a connection.

WB: Close your eyes and picture yourself standing there at the end of the season with that final rose. Jake gets down on one knee and proposes marriage to you on national TV. Were you prepared for that?

EK: I think the hopeless romantic in me would have liked to have been prepared for that, but in truth I donít think so. I really have dated some amazing guys in the past, and Iíve been on some incredible dates. It was hard for me to get excited about a guy just based on dates that a show created. I would have needed to get to know him on a deeper level before I could commit to marriage. Thatís not something I take lightly, and thatís why it was so hard for me to kiss him knowing heís kissing and falling in love with other girls at the same time.

WB: Your no-kissing letter and subsequent rule received a lot of attention ó some positive, most negative. Do you regret having put out that bold rule?

EK: Yes and no. I didnít intend on reading the letter out loud to him, but for whatever reason I did. I put it out there up front because I saw how he unexpectedly kissed Jillian on the Bachelorette, and I didnít want him to catch me off guard like that. I didnít want to be kissing him and getting my feelings involved so early on in the process. I wanted more conversation, and less physical. I do regret asking him if he wanted to kiss me ó apparently over and over again. I was asking him that to see his attraction level to me, and to gain some affirmation about how he was feeling toward me, but it came across as teasing. Not what I was trying to accomplish. Yes I was trying to flirt, but I didnít want to tease him. There have been some negative reactions to the no-kissing letter, but everyone has their own way. In the end, Iím glad I didnít kiss him and I stand behind my choice.

WB: Was the no-kiss rule a pre-meditated strategy? Or simple, old-fashioned conviction?

EK: I think it was a way to guard my heart so early in the process.

WB: Entertainment Weeklyís recap said this morning that he branded you with the ĎScarlet Tí by calling you a Ďteaseí. Did it hurt to hear him say that? Does it make it worse to know millions of people were going to hear him say that?

EK: No. It doesnít hurt at all. If the worst thing he can say about me is that I was a tease, then Iím okay with that. I needed to kiss him in my own time, and I wasnít ready. Not to mention the fact that I was dating a guy who was kissing all my roommates. Itís difficult to let your guard down under those circumstances.

WB: A lot of blogs, internet sites and even Ellen DeGeneres agreed with the Ďteaseí label he gave you. How do you deal with that negative buzz?

EK: Everyone gets negative buzz from time to time. You have to just laugh along with them. My 15 minutes of fame will be over soon, and then theyíll be on to the next. I can think of a lot worse labels to have.

WB: There are some interesting personalities still on the show, to put it kindly. How did you balance a competition against a gaggle of other fangs-out gals with your own beliefs?

EK: I made some really close friendships while I was there. I didnít consider it a competition against another girl. I really wanted Jake to find his best match. It wasnít about winning for me. Everyone wants to find love, and I hope one of the girls was able to find that with Jake. I canít wait to find out.

WB: Are you okay with how the producers portrayed you?

EK: Itís the name of the game. Itís why they call it entertainment. When someone has cameras on you 24-7, recording your every word, you have to have a sense of humor as to how it turns out. At 29, Iím confident in who I am, and Iím not offended by it in any way. I do wish someone would have pulled me aside and given me some lipstick though. Come on, my makeup was not good!

WB: Michelle was sent packing before the rose ceremony this week. Some of it might have been editing, but the show really painted her as a bit Ďchemically imbalanced.í Your quote on this weekís show about her needing therapy instead of a husband was one of the most hilarious moments so far. Care to address that again?

EK: We all saw it. Michelle needs to talk to someone about some lingering issues. Enough said.

WB: We saw a different side to Ali on Monday. In all the drama, she kind of changed everyoneís perception of her as a goody-two-shoes. Do you think heíll feel the same way about a lot of these girls once he watches the show?

EK: Maybe. Aliís the kind of girl who isnít afraid to speak her mind and I like that about her.

WB: Who are you rooting for now that youíre off the show?

EK: I formed a pretty great friendship with Tenley. Sheís one of the sweetest people I know. Sheís beautiful inside and out, and I hope she finds love. If not with Jake, then with someone else.

WB: Some are saying Vienna could, and probably will, get the last rose from Jake. Was she accurately portrayed? Is she really that mean? Meaner?

EK: As you could see on Episode Three, I made a comment kind of sticking up for Vienna while the other girls were badmouthing her. I said something like she speaks her mind and itís kind of fun. I donít know. Viennaís young, and some of her bluntness rubbed us the wrong way, but I think it was more or less a lack of tact and maturity on her part. I donít think sheís ultimately a bad person at heart. When I watched her one-on-one date with Jake, I actually thought they made a pretty good match. He needs a girl who will hold him and let him cry in her arms when heís scared of heights. I probably would have pushed him off the bridge.

WB: Whatís next for you? Any interest in becoming the next Bachelorette?

EK: If I were offered to be the next Bachelorette I think I would definitely do it, but my guess is that Ali or Tenley would be chosen since they are more ĎAmericaís sweetheartí kind of girls. I donít think Iím cheesy enough. I think being the one to choose the guy would be a lot more fun though.

WB: Reflect for us, if you will, on the experience as a whole.

EK: The experience was one of a kind. Itís surreal to be noticed in public, and to have millions of viewers watching you on television. It was also nerve-racking each week to see what happens next. It was filmed last fall, so you forget about a lot of things. Though there were some embarrassing moments, I was very entertained, and enjoyed watching it each week with a room full of friends, hysterically laughing, pausing and rewinding, and of course making fun of myself the entire way through. I will admit that the character I ended up being was pretty confusing, and agree with even my worst critics. In the end I feel blessed to have had such a unique experience to add to my Ďlife of crazy experiencesí repertoire.

WB: No ring but no regrets?

EK: Exactly. I didnít end up finding true love on national television, but Iím still hopeful that heís out there somewhere Ö and when I find him I WILL kiss him. Because after all, Iím a really good kisser.

WB: May I stop watching this show now? Pretty please?

EK: Yes, you may. You have my blessing.

Closed Thread