Closed Thread
Page 540 of 544 FirstFirst ... 40440490530531532533534535536537538539540541542543544 LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 5436

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3863636;
    That sounds great in theory, but when you have someone telling you they love you and you're the one, he just has this 'thing' to do and then completely rips your heart out, it's not easy to just dust yourself off and move on. Married or not.

As Dr. Phil says "Time heals nothing, it's what you do with that time". This could be her version of closure...who knows? I won't judge.
    Anders,
    So true...is she moving on...does not sound like it. You have to move on if you don't it is like putting salt on the wound. Its not easy but sometimes things that are worth it are not easy. What Dr. PHil say is so true...is crying about it working...don't think so.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3863583;
    It sounds to me like Jake did what probably a lot of the Bach/ette contestants do -- keep somebody on the back burner at home in case a better option isn't found on the show. The only difference is that in Jake's and Ed's cases, they ended up being half of the final couple, so the public found out about it when the one(s) left behind finally figure out they've been played and feel compelled to speak out.

The January 19 date is interesting. That's when Jake started backpedaling in his conversations with Tanya and she said he sounded like somebody was listening to the conversation. Is it possible that's when he began talks with the DWTS people? So, he figured the character of Jake the reality TV personality would have another 15 minutes to shine in the spotlight and part of that deal was continuing his Bach relationship/engagement, so Tanya was officially 'out' in his mind at that point.

I sincerely hope Tanya is firm in her decision to have nothing more to do with Jake the next time he contacts her (and he will). She didn't sound completely firm on that point. I can't imagine wanting to have anything to do with any part of him after he left to do the Bachelor to begin with, much less after watching him slobber all over Vienna all this time. So, Tanya, when Jake decides Vienna is no longer useful to him and he dumps her by the side of the road, don't be there waiting for him. Don't answer his calls. Don't play his game. You're much better off alone.
    The January 19th phone call where he became considerably hesitant and then backed off was on a Tuesday, the day after his 1-1 with Vienna had aired on the Bachelor.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3863545;
    Welcome to FORT, gabachfan!

This is also my read on the situation. I snipped sections to cut down the quote but I, too, see Jake as a narcissist who leads women to a point where he no longer needs them. Tanya is not the first - we have pre-season posts detailing his past dating life - nor will she be the last.

During the pre-season for the Bachelor I named him Fake Jake. Then I felt bad for doing so as the season progressed...now...I don't feel bad at all handing him that moniker. The thing is he doesn't have the brains to be a first generation robot, but he does have the emotional depth of one.
    Oh, so it was you who named him "Fake Jake"! How appropriate. I really didn't think he was that bad to begin with, but as things have turned out, I totally agree with you. Frankly, I think he had sex with V on the FD and when Ali called, it was too late because he already decided that he would choose V since he had slept with her. I'll always believe that he would have chosen Ali if she had stayed. Ali is a very lucky girl!!!

FORT Fanatic

I'm curious as to what Jeremy, knows and what evidence he has to refute Tanya's allegations also why would he get involved.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3863667;
    Oh, so it was you who named him "Fake Jake"! How appropriate. I really didn't think he was that bad to begin with, but as things have turned out, I totally agree with you. Frankly, I think he had sex with V on the FD and when Ali called, it was too late because he already decided that he would choose V since he had slept with her. I'll always believe that he would have chosen Ali if she had stayed. Ali is a very lucky girl!!!
    Vienna's date was last. Was it ever definitely determined when the phone call came in? I remember reading someone mentioning the clothes that he had on with Tenley lying around the bathroom, and the remark was made that he was inbetween activities on Tenley's day. However, I don't know if we ever decided for sure one way or the other.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3863661;
    The January 19th phone call where he became considerably hesitant and then backed off was on a Tuesday, the day after his 1-1 with Vienna had aired on the Bachelor.
    Speaking about 1/19, Jake's interview w/Ellen was aired on 1/18 and he was on Jimmy Kimmel on 1/20. After seeing him on JK, I would have sworn that he was not in a relationship. I posted at the time that he should win an Oscar if he was with someone. Well, we now know Jake is a pretty good actor. He's a totally fake and will be however he needs to be with whomever he is with at the time. Like the HTDs, he was like a different person with each girl and her family. Did anyone notice that? On V's HTD, he came down to her level and was as trashy as she is. Remember, that's when he trashed every other girl on the show. He was such a lowlife and all those girls should hate him, or dislike him intensely anyway. I think that is when seeds of unease began to build for me toward him regarding his true character.

I'm glad V's got him, even if it won't be for long. Of course, like someone said on here, he might marry her so he can keep his mug on tv and magazines like Trista & Ryan. He's a strange duck!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3863684;
    Speaking about 1/19, Jake's interview w/Ellen was aired on 1/18 and he was on Jimmy Kimmel on 1/20. After seeing him on JK, I would have sworn that he was not in a relationship. I posted at the time that he should win an Oscar if he was with someone. Well, we now know Jake is a pretty good actor. He's a totally fake and will be however he needs to be with whomever he is with at the time. Like the HTDs, he was like a different person with each girl and her family. Did anyone notice that? On V's HTD, he came down to her level and was as trashy as she is. Remember, that's when he trashed every other girl on the show. He was such a lowlife and all those girls should hate him, or dislike him intensely anyway. I think that is when seeds of unease began to build for me toward him regarding his true character.

I'm glad V's got him, even if it won't be for long. Of course, like someone said on here, he might marry her so he can keep his mug on tv and magazines like Trista & Ryan. He's a strange duck!
    This is your opinion or facts? I thought in this country you were innocent until proven gulity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3863673;
    Vienna's date was last. Was it ever definitely determined when the phone call came in? I remember reading someone mentioning the clothes that he had on with Tenley lying around the bathroom, and the remark was made that he was inbetween activities on Tenley's day. However, I don't know if we ever decided for sure one way or the other.

That was discussed at the time, his being out with Tenley when Ali's phone call came, but someone said the shirts were different. Having said that, I wondered in that vo of Jake that they used on the LCD with Tenley (on the boat), was in fact said during his FD with Tenley after Ali's call. Remember, Jake said in vo "I'm trying to concentrate on my relationship w/Tenley, but I'm just really having a hard time". I thought he might have talked to Ali and he was upset over her phone call and officially ending things with her. That thought came to me as soon as I heard him say it.

FORT Fogey

I have given that some thought. His actions were so confusing that when I was PM'd by someone with the (strongly) rumored idea that there was a reshoot, I gave it a lot of consideration. I kept going back over all of the data that I keep, and along with RS's reveal, it added up to Vienna F1, but Jake's demeanor and his interviews didn't match. It wasn't until a couple of very viable sources of this board contacted me with some behind the scenes info that I was able to dismiss the reshoot idea and help it get outted on our board.

I have decided that he is a better actor than he was given credit for; I believe that since the reveal was made so early and so strongly, the producers went to Jake and more or less demanded that he follow the path he did in his interviews, or their season could be a complete bust.

Did he know how badly Vienna was going to be edited? That is debatable, but I suspect that they clued him in because they needed him to play the part as convincingly as he did in the interviews.
    I suspect they told him they were going to trash Vienna in the edit, but this is an entertainment show, yada, yada, and they would see that the two of them got all of the benefits of the Bachelor and his F1.
    That fits in with his, "I am the one that has to live with my decision."
    Last edited by Bloomers; 03-26-2010 at 04:39 PM.

FORT Fogey

Oooooohhhh, you're rattling my brain cells now! I remember the JK appearance and all the discussion about how down Jake seemed, and that if he had been in a relationship, he no longer was. Little did we know then that the relationship in question that had just ended was Jake/Tanya and not Jake/Vienna.

Closed Thread