Closed Thread
Page 539 of 544 FirstFirst ... 39439489529530531532533534535536537538539540541542543544 LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 5436

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3863467;
    This is good!

Part 3 has all of the proof that Jake tried to get back with Tanya even after he was engaged after Vienna! A "That Guy" Kramer exclusive! ~
    Island 106 - Today's Best Music with "That Guy" Kramer in the Morning - Panama City, FL
    I just listened to that segment, and I am trying to be objective.

1. I can see where Tanya has a right to be angry.
    2. At the very least, Jake has sent her terribly mixed signals in their relationship.
    3. However, he let her know in his actions and words - unequivocably - that he wanted to be The Bachelor. As hurtful as her entire experience with Jake has been to her, right there, his overwhelming desire to be The Bachelor spoke louder than any words of love he could possibly have spoken to her.
    4. I listened carefully to the conversations after the FRC. Again, he was sending what sounded like MIXED signals to her. It sounded to her like he was saying that he still loved her.
    It sounded to me, however, like the kind of messages the Bachelor starts giving to the F2 where he leads up to the "but" by telling all the good stuff - all the enjoyable times, and what the person has meant to the Bach/ette.
    "I never loved you more, ("but)....

It sounded to me like he was trying to work up to telling her about Vienna and what he had done. He was under contract, however, and it was going to be extremely difficult anyway he went about it under any circumstances or conditions. He wasn't free to say what happened, and it was going to be awful to have to tell her he was engaged to someone else.

Notice, he never says to Tanya, " I love you, and I don't love anyone else. There is no one else. I didn't find anyone else." ( Or anything like that)
    He didn't say anything like that.

When she caved to a reporter, and it looked like it was going to be outed, by total necessity Jake took the gloves off. By then it was too late to handle it the way it should have been handled.

He acted like they were broken up before he went on the show.

As it stands now, you have a "He says, she says..."

While this looks messy and bad, it still is not as bad as it was hyped up to be. The producers and the show aren't marred, and Jake doesn't look even as bad as Ed did last season.

I think these guys should never come on the show unless they are in a clear relationship. That way there is no excuse for having to call or text someone when they end up as F1 to try and take care of unfinished business.

Jake behaved poorly in that relationship, but revenge is a poor bedfellow as the saying goes. The money, the notoriety, and the revenge will only go so far to assuaging Tanya's dissatisfaction.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 03-26-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Newbie

I think it is important to consider the fact that Tanya did not seek the media attention. The photographer snooped around and found her, the radio station also found her, but at the time they did not know more than the fact that she had dated Jake the fake. She is a woman scorned and I don’t blame her for telling her story to those that wanted to hear it. I think Jake used her, and she knows it. I believe her story. The problem with this is that she is giving Jake what he wants, by telling her story. All Narcissistic Jake cares about is getting media attention.
    I think it’s entirely possible that Jake set her up. In my opinion Jake is not capable of loving anyone but himself, and I think that all of his decisions were made with gaining more fame. He watched as Jillian picked the controversial Ed, and all of the scandal that went along with Ed and he followed in Jillian’s footsteps because he saw that she received more attention from the media because of the scandal. No one paid attention to the boring “nice guy” Jake, so he has now recreated himself to be that bad boy everyone loves to read about. He will stay with Vienna as long as it beneficial to Jake. As long as they are a couple, Fleiss will parade them all over the place for more media attention for the Bachelor franchise. I believe that Jake would even go so far as to marry Vienna, so that he can appear on our televisions again.

FORT Newbie

BLOOMERS- Boy did you hit the nail on the head! The hold time I was listening to the interview I wanted to say what you wrote! You are a master mind explainer!! THANK YOU being my ghost writer!!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabachfan;3863494;
    ....I think it is important to consider the fact that Tanya did not seek the media attention. The photographer snooped around and found her, the radio station also found her, but at the time they did not know more than the fact that she had dated Jake the fake. All Narcissistic Jake cares about is getting media attention. ....
    I think it’s entirely possible that Jake set her up. .... No one paid attention to the boring “nice guy” Jake, so he has now recreated himself to be that bad boy everyone loves to read about. He will stay with Vienna as long as it beneficial to Jake. As long as they are a couple, Fleiss will parade them all over the place for more media attention for the Bachelor franchise. I believe that Jake would even go so far as to marry Vienna, so that he can appear on our televisions again.
    Welcome to FORT, gabachfan!

This is also my read on the situation. I snipped sections to cut down the quote but I, too, see Jake as a narcissist who leads women to a point where he no longer needs them. Tanya is not the first - we have pre-season posts detailing his past dating life - nor will she be the last.

During the pre-season for the Bachelor I named him Fake Jake. Then I felt bad for doing so as the season progressed...now...I don't feel bad at all handing him that moniker. The thing is he doesn't have the brains to be a first generation robot, but he does have the emotional depth of one.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lomdar;3863520;
    BLOOMERS- Boy did you hit the nail on the head! The hold time I was listening to the interview I wanted to say what you wrote! You are a master mind explainer!! THANK YOU being my ghost writer!!
    Thank you. You know, I find these situations very troubling - Jake's and Ed's. I see what is being presented to us, but at the same time I emphasize with the girls' feelings and their gullibility.

I think Jake did admire and care for Tanya. I also believe she probably was the prototype of woman he had seen as his wife; however, I think stronger than either of those things was his inate desire to be The Bachelor ( sheik of his own harem of 25 women).

As a side note, we know that in the history of the franchise there have been hundreds upon hundreds of applications for the position, and we also know that both Jason and Jeremy strongly desired the position; therefore, in and of itself desiring the position of The Bachelor is not a freak, nor uncommon thing.

From what Tanya relates, it sounds like Jake was either very mixed up in his feelings, tried to have the best of both worlds, or a combination of both. He told her he couldn't ask her to wait ( Tanya said that twice); he also told her he was putting the relationship on the shelf; he put distance between them only then to come see her; he mixed that in with telling her he could see himself at the end of the Bachelor proposing to her. He even talked to her mother. He spent the night with her, and it sounds to Tanya like he tried to skip that one in his mind and go back to where he put 5 weeks distance between them.

The relationship at the end was completely dicey.

It sounds like Jake MAY had been leaving a door open in his mind for the possibility of no relationship in the Bachelor (keeping his options open with Tanya) with the result that he could then come back to Tanya, but if it did happen with his F1, he would have ended the relationship with Tanya by "putting it on the shelf", telling her he couldn't ask her to wait, and trying to put distances in between visits and calls, even though that got sporatic as well.

I think Jake bit off more than he could chew with the whole thing. He did not deal soundly with the relationship one way or the other before he left, he should not have tried to call her before the FRC aired, or gotten permission to call even if he had to have a handler there.

Tanya "knew" something was terribly screwy with the whole thing. The first and best thing she could have done was to have soundly ended it with him when he chose to go on a dating show. When he fed her the line about converting the girls to Christianity - IF that is what he said- she should have walked away as fast as she could because right then was when he played her.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 03-26-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3863554;
    Tanya "knew" something was terribly screwy with the whole thing. The first and best thing she could have done was to have soundly ended it with him when he chose to go on a dating show. When he fed her the line about converting the girls to Christianity - IF that is what he said- she should have walked away as fast as she could because right then was when he played her.
    Exactly!

As I listened to her interview, I kept wondering why would she want to have a relationship with a man that was feeding her those lines.

FORT Fogey

It sounds to me like Jake did what probably a lot of the Bach/ette contestants do -- keep somebody on the back burner at home in case a better option isn't found on the show. The only difference is that in Jake's and Ed's cases, they ended up being half of the final couple, so the public found out about it when the one(s) left behind finally figure out they've been played and feel compelled to speak out.

The January 19 date is interesting. That's when Jake started backpedaling in his conversations with Tanya and she said he sounded like somebody was listening to the conversation. Is it possible that's when he began talks with the DWTS people? So, he figured the character of Jake the reality TV personality would have another 15 minutes to shine in the spotlight and part of that deal was continuing his Bach relationship/engagement, so Tanya was officially 'out' in his mind at that point.

I sincerely hope Tanya is firm in her decision to have nothing more to do with Jake the next time he contacts her (and he will). She didn't sound completely firm on that point. I can't imagine wanting to have anything to do with any part of him after he left to do the Bachelor to begin with, much less after watching him slobber all over Vienna all this time. So, Tanya, when Jake decides Vienna is no longer useful to him and he dumps her by the side of the road, don't be there waiting for him. Don't answer his calls. Don't play his game. You're much better off alone.

Bloomers... well stated. I do think Tanya is taking this a little to far. If the radio station seeked her out then she could have not said a word. My guess they already had information on her feelings per friends or having one to many drinks and being overheard at the local pub.
    I still go back to there is no ring on the finger. Many a relationship has died and one party has been left not knowing what has happened or found out there was someone else. All you can do is move on and be thankful you found out then instead of later. Crying like this does not make me sympathetic at all. If Jake is the heel like some believe...it will come out. Until then at the same token if Jakes and Viennas relationship is the real deal....then more power to them.

Proof that Jake Pavelka is faking it! - Life and Style

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 12:35 PM ET

Proof that Jake Pavelka is faking it
    !In an exclusive interview with Life & Style, Jake Pavelka's ex-girlfriend Tanya Douglas reveals the shocking truth behind the reasons Jake appeared on The Bachelor and says he professed his love to her after he'd proposed to Vienna Girardi on the show! Tanya tells Life & Style Jake only did the show for the money, he's obsessed with being on TV, he was in love with her when he went on the show and even wanted her to be a contestant! "I don't think he has any idea what he wants except to be on TV," Tanya tells Life & Style.

Tanya and Jake first met on an airplane Jake was piloting in Asheville, N.C., in July 2008. The two spoke up until Jake began filming The Bachelorette and quickly rekindled their relationship when he left the show. Their romance was going strong when Jake got a call to appear on The Bachelor. At first, Tanya claims Jake didn't want to be on the show. "He said, 'Everything I was looking for I've found in you,'" she says. "A few months later, he told me he was having financial problems," Tanya tells Life & Style. "He told me, 'I know a way I can get out of this financial burden -- I could be the Bachelor. Maybe I can persuade the producers to let you be on the show and be one of the 25 contestants, and then it's rigged for me the whole time, and in the end we can still be together and have the money.'" According to Tanya, Jake told her he'd receive $500,000 to be on the series.

Just days after taping of The Bachelor concluded, Jake called Tanya from a suspicious phone number. "It wasn't his normal cell phone number," Tanya explains to Life & Style. "I later found out it was a prepaid cell phone that I believe ABC knew nothing about." The two continued to communicate by phone and text message, and in December, Jake dropped the bombshell that, despite the fact that he had just proposed to Vienna on TV, he was still in love with Tanya. "He said over the phone, 'Ever since that day I saw you get on that plane in Asheville, I've never loved anyone more.'" In addition to regular text messages, in which he would reminisce about their dates, Jake warned Tanya about talking to the media. In one text message, Tanya claims Jake wrote, 'Tanya, the media is not our friend. You ought to protect yourself by telling everyone, 'No comment.'"
    "Vienna is being lied to," Tanya states coldly. "The person Jake is on TV is a different person than when he was with me."

FOR THE FULL INTERVIEW AND MORE PHOTOS OF JAKE AND TANYA, PICK UP THE NEW ISSUE OF LIFE & STYLE, ON NEWSSTANDS NOW!
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3863585;
    Bloomers... well stated. I do think Tanya is taking this a little to far. If the radio station seeked her out then she could have not said a word. My guess they already had information on her feelings per friends or having one to many drinks and being overheard at the local pub.
    I still go back to there is no ring on the finger. Many a relationship has died and one party has been left not knowing what has happened or found out there was someone else. All you can do is move on and be thankful you found out then instead of later. Crying like this does not make me sympathetic at all. If Jake is the heel like some believe...it will come out. Until then at the same token if Jakes and Viennas relationship is the real deal....then more power to them.

That sounds great in theory, but when you have someone telling you they love you and you're the one, he just has this 'thing' to do and then completely rips your heart out, it's not easy to just dust yourself off and move on. Married or not.

As Dr. Phil says "Time heals nothing, it's what you do with that time". This could be her version of closure...who knows? I won't judge.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Closed Thread