Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3849448;
    Plenty of people save things. I said last night I have emails on my computer from 2002 forward, and almost every text message ever sent to me on my 1 year old phone. I just don't delete anything other than spam. I'm a packrat by nature, and that translates to electronic stuff as well. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not out to get anyone... I'm just a 20-something who always saves everything, for fear of "Maybe I'll want that later!" Naturally, I rarely do, but anyhow.

With that in mind, I'm giving Tanya the benefit of the doubt on the fact that she saved stuff. And, as with Edgate, would I go to the press if I thought a TV star was really a lowlife? No, probably not. But that's her choice, and if she feels the need to do so (and it's truthful), my opine is have at it.

I don't know if this interview will strike me as true or not, but I'm keeping an open mind for now. And frankly I'm far more interested in what dirt she might have on the show/how it operates, rather than dirt on Jake himself. I am beyond sick of that man.
    I was just kidding SDL about saving stuff b/c he's an attorney. I don't think there's anything "wrong" with saving texts, emails, pics, etc, but the thing that struck me was - if her quote is true - that she "knew people would doubt her story about Jake cheating with her after the show, and that "she was prepared for that.Ē It just seemed odd to me, but maybe I'm misperceiving that.

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3849437;
    She is sounding more and more like Lindsey (Edgate). If you remember she even brought the camera crew to her apartment and showed them the laptop and the e-mail. And what did that get her - only a lot of backlash to her. Did it break up Jill and Ed - NO. It only made them stronger. I can only imagine what this lady has to say. I'm sure she is going to try and better Lindsey. Who knows, maybe she is an out-of-a-job landscape designer and needs the publicity she believes she will get from this "announcement." My guess is that this whole mess is going to backfire on her - and only make Jake and Vienna stronger. JMHO
    CH was asked about this Tanya story and he said not to worry, that all of this was just making J & V stronger and they're fine.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3849454;
    Isn't that what we do here...what every newspaper editorial is about...the subject of every radio call-in talk show...the arena of dozens of magazines...why we have TV shows like ET and all the others like it...the basis of most blogs...the favorite subject around the water cooler...and the way reality TV survives?
    If nobody had an opinion, these shows would be eliminated tomorrow.
    Gotcha! No need to wonder why tabloids abound! Opinions matter ... and hey, what's the 'freedom of speech' for. Never mind that 'freedom of thought' is a whole different ballgame. Or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3849448;
    Plenty of people save things. I said last night I have emails on my computer from 2002 forward, and almost every text message ever sent to me on my 1 year old phone. I just don't delete anything other than spam. I'm a packrat by nature, and that translates to electronic stuff as well. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not out to get anyone... I'm just a 20-something who always saves everything, for fear of "Maybe I'll want that later!" Naturally, I rarely do, but anyhow.

With that in mind, I'm giving Tanya the benefit of the doubt on the fact that she saved stuff. And, as with Edgate, would I go to the press if I thought a TV star was really a lowlife? No, probably not. But that's her choice, and if she feels the need to do so (and it's truthful), my opine is have at it.

I don't know if this interview will strike me as true or not, but I'm keeping an open mind for now. And frankly I'm far more interested in what dirt she might have on the show/how it operates, rather than dirt on Jake himself. I am beyond sick of that man.
    I think we're all going to end up on some new version of that "Hoarders" program !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3849442;
    Ok, please bear with me because I'm out of breath from a recent discovery, and my lungs are hurting from laughing so hard.
    I like to play around on google. Likewise, I've had this strange fascination with Jake's one (1) mock turtleneck he wears every day - I looked at researching the subject as a sort of rehab from my elevator shoe obsession.
    So I googled, "turtleneck short male taller" or something like that and kept going with searches until I found the Holy Grail:
    A fashion article for the vertically challenged suggesting that they wear turtlenecks as they "elongate the neck and create the visual perception of greater height." In laymans' terms, people's eyes expect a certain distance between the collar and the head, but if you raise the neckline to the head, we still see more (imaginary) neck there.
    Wow, that was brilliant. Maybe Jake is not as stupid as he looks. Or maybe he talked to Corrie the Wardrobe Guru, or Tanya the Bridal Consultant/Landscape Architect.
    What a great day....this is better than Shoegate.
    sdl, You just made my day - I'm unfortunately vertically challenged, only 5'2".
    According to what you just said, I'm going to have to run out right away and buy some turtlenecks. Maybe I can appear to have grown in height. I am trying my best to stay open minded until we hear/see what Tanya has to say. With all the BS that MF pulls with this show, it is hard for me to remain open minded. I automatically believe that this BS is just another way to keep the tabloids running, the media calling, the show before the public. I just really feel sorry for anyone who is crazy enough to associate with this show. Yes, I like to watch it, but actually ever want someone I know to be on it -- no way in you know where.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3849399;
    Matt should know he has experience in that area.:
    Exactly. Also he must have taken any job he could to stay in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3849459;
    I was just kidding SDL about saving stuff b/c he's an attorney. I don't think there's anything "wrong" with saving texts, emails, pics, etc, but the thing that struck me was - if her quote is true - that she "knew people would doubt her story about Jake cheating with her after the show, and that "she was prepared for that.Ē It just seemed odd to me, but maybe I'm misperceiving that.
    OK, gotcha.

Well, you could also look at that interview from the perspective of "Jake is Mr. Nice Guy to many in the public, so people would automatically doubt her." It's hard to say one way or the other at this point much of anything about this, because we simply don't know what she has to say or what she has to back it up.

I just know that I am very, very interested in what she has to say about the show itself. Jake is irrelevant to me at this point, other than I have to suffer through the man mucking up my favorite TV show, DWTS.

Here is the download to Part 1 of the interview from Island 106 with Tanya Douglas, exgirlfriend of Jake ~ Island 106 - Today's Best Music with "That Guy" Kramer in the Morning - Panama City, FL . Part 2 is tomorrow.

And then there is this ~

Jake Pavelka's ex Tanya Douglas claims the 'fame-obsessed' pilot tried to get her on 'The Bachelor'
    BY Christina Boyle
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 4:00 AM

'The Bachelor' Jake Pavelka, here with fiancee Vienna Girardi, only wanted fame, his ex girlfriend Tanya Douglas charges.

Douglas also claims that she and Pavelka talked and exchanged texts throughout December.

'Vienna is being lied to,' she says.

"The Bachelor" was faking it.

Hunky pilot Jake Pavelka's ex has exposed the truth behind his shocking proposal to Vienna Girardi in a tell-all - and it isn't pretty.

Tanya Douglas, 24, lifts the lid on the supposed fairy tale romance between the two reality TV stars, claiming Pavelka is obsessed with fame, was in it for the money and tried to get his ex to be a contestant, too.

"I don't think he has any idea what he wants except to be on TV," Douglas tells "Life & Style" magazine in issues hitting newsstands today.

"If staying with Vienna means more TV time, I think he might stay with her," Douglas says of Pavelka, who is now taking a spin on "Dancing with the Stars."

Douglas met Pavelka, 32, when he was piloting a flight to Asheville, N.C., in July 2008. He slipped her a note with his phone number via a flight attendant, and their love affair blossomed.

The pair were in contact until Pavelka's first brush with reality TV - "The Bachelorette" - and rekindled their romance as soon as he was booted off that show, Douglas claims.

Then, Pavelka got an invite to be the star of "The Bachelor" and, despite first telling Douglas he didn't want the gig, he soon changed his mind because of his financial problems.

"He told me, 'I know a way I can get out of this financial burden - I could be 'The Bachelor,'" Douglas told "Life & Style."

Pavelka said he'd try to persuade producers to let Douglas be one of 25 contestants.

"Then it's rigged for me the whole time, and in the end we can still be together and have the money," Douglas said he told her. "I'm not going on the show to find love. I've found the love of my life with you."

Douglas says she was devastated by Pavelka's decision to put their relationship on hold while he pursued fame on TV.

As soon as taping ended - with Pavelka shockingly choosing brassy Girardi over classy runner-up Tenley Molzahn - he reappeared in her life, using a strange cell phone number so ABC execs would not find out, she claims.

Pavelka reportedly told Douglas he was paid $500,000 to be on the series and only had to continue dating his bride-to-be Girardi, 23, for 30 days.

"The Bachelor" and Douglas continued to speak on the phone and exchange texts through December, until the media started getting wind of their relationship.

"Tanya, the media is not our friend," he supposedly wrote in one text. "You ought to protect yourself by telling everyone, 'No comment.'"

Pavelka has maintained his relationship with Girardi is real and "incredible," and the couple have reportedly moved to Los Angeles. He has said his relationship with Douglas "simply did not work out" and there was "no overlap."

Douglas isn't buying it.

"Vienna is being lied to," Douglas warns. "The person Jake is on TV is a different person than when he was with me."

Jake Pavelka's ex Tanya Douglas claims the 'fame-obsessed' pilot tried to get her on 'The Bachelor'
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3862091;
    Here is the download to Part 1 of the interview from Island 106 with Tanya Douglas, exgirlfriend of Jake ~ Island 106 - Today's Best Music with "That Guy" Kramer in the Morning - Panama City, FL . Part 2 is tomorrow.

And then there is this ~

BY Christina Boyle
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 4:00 AM

'The Bachelor' Jake Pavelka, here with fiancee Vienna Girardi, only wanted fame, his ex girlfriend Tanya Douglas charges.

Douglas also claims that she and Pavelka talked and exchanged texts throughout December.

'Vienna is being lied to,' she says.

"The Bachelor" was faking it.

Hunky pilot Jake Pavelka's ex has exposed the truth behind his shocking proposal to Vienna Girardi in a tell-all - and it isn't pretty.

Tanya Douglas, 24, lifts the lid on the supposed fairy tale romance between the two reality TV stars, claiming Pavelka is obsessed with fame, was in it for the money and tried to get his ex to be a contestant, too.

"I don't think he has any idea what he wants except to be on TV," Douglas tells "Life & Style" magazine in issues hitting newsstands today.

"If staying with Vienna means more TV time, I think he might stay with her," Douglas says of Pavelka, who is now taking a spin on "Dancing with the Stars."

Douglas met Pavelka, 32, when he was piloting a flight to Asheville, N.C., in July 2008. He slipped her a note with his phone number via a flight attendant, and their love affair blossomed.

The pair were in contact until Pavelka's first brush with reality TV - "The Bachelorette" - and rekindled their romance as soon as he was booted off that show, Douglas claims.

Then, Pavelka got an invite to be the star of "The Bachelor" and, despite first telling Douglas he didn't want the gig, he soon changed his mind because of his financial problems.

"He told me, 'I know a way I can get out of this financial burden - I could be 'The Bachelor,'" Douglas told "Life & Style."

Pavelka said he'd try to persuade producers to let Douglas be one of 25 contestants.

"Then it's rigged for me the whole time, and in the end we can still be together and have the money," Douglas said he told her. "I'm not going on the show to find love. I've found the love of my life with you."

Douglas says she was devastated by Pavelka's decision to put their relationship on hold while he pursued fame on TV.

As soon as taping ended - with Pavelka shockingly choosing brassy Girardi over classy runner-up Tenley Molzahn - he reappeared in her life, using a strange cell phone number so ABC execs would not find out, she claims.

Pavelka reportedly told Douglas he was paid $500,000 to be on the series and only had to continue dating his bride-to-be Girardi, 23, for 30 days.

"The Bachelor" and Douglas continued to speak on the phone and exchange texts through December, until the media started getting wind of their relationship.

"Tanya, the media is not our friend," he supposedly wrote in one text. "You ought to protect yourself by telling everyone, 'No comment.'"

Pavelka has maintained his relationship with Girardi is real and "incredible," and the couple have reportedly moved to Los Angeles. He has said his relationship with Douglas "simply did not work out" and there was "no overlap."

Douglas isn't buying it.

"Vienna is being lied to," Douglas warns. "The person Jake is on TV is a different person than when he was with me."

For whatever it is worth here is the twitter from Jeremy concerning this article:

twitter.com/jeremycade

his tweet: "Im calling BS for reasons I cant say..." (in reference to @BachelorNews: Jake Pavelka's ex Tanya comes out with new allegations")

I threw this out there because Jeremy is an attorney. I don't know if that has anything to do with the way he is viewing what she says, but there it is.

What we do need is bonafide evidence and proof that could not be doctored or altered, and that can be certified to make this story believable.

Do we even know that Jake was paid?
    Can we verify the cell or text?
    What does his contract say about how long he has to stay with his F1? Does it say 30 - 45 days?

Any other items that we can prove or disprove?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Part 2 of the exclusive Tanya Douglas interview continues: Even though Tanya and Jake were in a very serious relationship, he still ended up being the Bachelor ~ Island 106 - Today's Best Music with "That Guy" Kramer in the Morning - Panama City, FL

Part 3 will be tomorrow and will cover how Jake pursued Tanya while he was engaged after the show.

Life & Style magazine has the texts and photos, and will be on sale this week.
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 03-25-2010 at 08:56 AM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Closed Thread