Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3849365;
    THe story from the sister is completely worthless.
    a) what do you expect her to say?
    b) what could she possibly know about Jake and Tanya - other than nothing, which is depth of the story
    c) what a waste of bandwidth
    The story from Tanya is interesting ONLY if she has hard evidence that they were together after the engagement. But even then it'll just be ED-II, and in today's morally vacant society most people won't care or will make excuses, and Vienna clearly wouldn't care because this is the best gig she will ever get and she isn't going to split over something as trivial as cheating.
    I hear ya SDL. I kept waiting during the Ed-gate for the other shoe to drop...well nothing happened. No one seemed to care. Learned again (well still not sure I have learned), not to get personally invested in this show. I hope we get an early spoiler from RS again during Ali's season. It was less stressful this season knowing the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3849410;
    Didn't Ed and Jillian get to spend 4 to 5 days together every weekend like Jake and Vienna did so that would mean that the spend more than 48 hrs together isn't? and if they have made it so far who is to say that Jake and Vienna cant make it too. I find Jake and Vienna more interesting and than Jed although I love them both. Just wishing them the best and I love how witty Vienna is on her feet.
    Matt was talking about how long these people know one another before proposing, not how long they have to get to know each other after they (sort of) seal the deal.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Plenty of people save things. I said last night I have emails on my computer from 2002 forward, and almost every text message ever sent to me on my 1 year old phone. I just don't delete anything other than spam. I'm a packrat by nature, and that translates to electronic stuff as well. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not out to get anyone... I'm just a 20-something who always saves everything, for fear of "Maybe I'll want that later!" Naturally, I rarely do, but anyhow.

With that in mind, I'm giving Tanya the benefit of the doubt on the fact that she saved stuff. And, as with Edgate, would I go to the press if I thought a TV star was really a lowlife? No, probably not. But that's her choice, and if she feels the need to do so (and it's truthful), my opine is have at it.

I don't know if this interview will strike me as true or not, but I'm keeping an open mind for now. And frankly I'm far more interested in what dirt she might have on the show/how it operates, rather than dirt on Jake himself. I am beyond sick of that man.
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 03-06-2010 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3849442;
    Ok, please bear with me because I'm out of breath from a recent discovery, and my lungs are hurting from laughing so hard.
    I like to play around on google. Likewise, I've had this strange fascination with Jake's one (1) mock turtleneck he wears every day - I looked at researching the subject as a sort of rehab from my elevator shoe obsession.
    So I googled, "turtleneck short male taller" or something like that and kept going with searches until I found the Holy Grail:
    A fashion article for the vertically challenged suggesting that they wear turtlenecks as they "elongate the neck and create the visual perception of greater height." In laymans' terms, people's eyes expect a certain distance between the collar and the head, but if you raise the neckline to the head, we still see more (imaginary) neck there.
    Wow, that was brilliant. Maybe Jake is not as stupid as he looks. Or maybe he talked to Corrie the Wardrobe Guru, or Tanya the Bridal Consultant/Landscape Architect.
    What a great day....this is better than Shoegate.
    funny you should mention that about the turtleneck and it making you look taller, I was wondering about that yesterday but was too busy studying to look it up, but so glad that you did!! it may be a visual trick but it's definitely something that would be a nono to Stacey and Clintion on What Not to Wear
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Ok, please bear with me because I'm out of breath from a recent discovery, and my lungs are hurting from laughing so hard.
    I like to play around on google. Likewise, I've had this strange fascination with Jake's one (1) mock turtleneck he wears every day - I looked at researching the subject as a sort of rehab from my elevator shoe obsession.
    So I googled, "turtleneck short male taller" or something like that and kept going with searches until I found the Holy Grail:
    A fashion article for the vertically challenged suggesting that they wear turtlenecks as they "elongate the neck and create the visual perception of greater height." In laymans' terms, people's eyes expect a certain distance between the collar and the head, but if you raise the neckline to the head, we still see more (imaginary) neck there.
    Wow, that was brilliant. Maybe Jake is not as stupid as he looks. Or maybe he talked to Corrie the Wardrobe Guru, or Tanya the Bridal Consultant/Landscape Architect.
    It must be working. His pants are looking too short these days. Obviously, that's an optical illusion caused by the blue mock-neck.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

You crack me up!!! you know I didn't want to mention it before but I do wear a lot of turtle necks....I have one on right now... I usually wear them non stop in the winter...but then again I am a woman and I am not vertically challenge, in fact I am 5' 9".

... Maybe Jake is not as stupid as he looks. ...
    Um, sdl, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. Once again, "Occam's Razor" applies. The simplest explanation is likely the best one.

Quack, quack... Jake... Quack, quack...

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3849443;
    I am not a Vienna fan but it is just disgusting how people can just sit in judgment of those whose personal and everyday lives they know very little of.
    Isn't that what we do here...what every newspaper editorial is about...the subject of every radio call-in talk show...the arena of dozens of magazines...why we have TV shows like ET and all the others like it...the basis of most blogs...the favorite subject around the water cooler...and the way reality TV survives?
    If nobody had an opinion, these shows would be eliminated tomorrow.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3849408;
    True, It will open to the digging on her. SHe better be prepared. I think she would be better off dropping it and moving on quietly.
    Being in the legal field myself, (I'm not a lawyer) I would certainly hope that unless it is an ironclad case, no doubts, photo proof that the two of them (Tanya and Jake) slept together or whatever it takes to make it really iron clad - that the lawyer she is supposedly getting advise from, tells her to just move on -- it is not worth going public and possibly destroying your reputation just for a few seconds of revenge. You know and I know, that actions of revenge very well can come back and bite you on the part of your body you need to sit on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3849448;
    Plenty of people save things. I said last night I have emails on my computer from 2002 forward, and almost every text message ever sent to me on my 1 year old phone. I just don't delete anything other than spam. I'm a packrat by nature, and that translates to electronic stuff as well. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not out to get anyone... I'm just a 20-something who always saves everything, for fear of "Maybe I'll want that later!" Naturally, I rarely do, but anyhow.

With that in mind, I'm giving Tanya the benefit of the doubt on the fact that she saved stuff. And, as with Edgate, would I go to the press if I thought a TV star was really a lowlife? No, probably not. But that's her choice, and if she feels the need to do so (and it's truthful), my opine is have at it.

I don't know if this interview will strike me as true or not, but I'm keeping an open mind for now. And frankly I'm far more interested in what dirt she might have on the show/how it operates, rather than dirt on Jake himself. I am beyond sick of that man.
    I was just kidding SDL about saving stuff b/c he's an attorney. I don't think there's anything "wrong" with saving texts, emails, pics, etc, but the thing that struck me was - if her quote is true - that she "knew people would doubt her story about Jake cheating" with her after the show, and that "she was prepared for that.Ē That just seemed odd to me, but maybe I'm misperceiving that.

Closed Thread