Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3848612;
    Me too.

They said that she feels like she has no choice but to "defend her honor". Who, may I ask, is attacking (or even questioning) her honor? We'd never have known about her story, most likely, if she hadn't come forward of her volition. Maybe they mean the locals, since they made a big point about PC being a very small town and "everyone knows everyone". For now, I'm going with those who have called it a vengeance thing (woman scorned).

Those radio jocks were a bit like RS (taking 1,000 words to say nothing or what could be said in 50 words)---and definitely in too-much-caffeine-over-hype mode. There's no way that I could listen to their radio show. I'll listen to her interview, though, assuming that it happens. They're now saying that the story may come out Monday, maybe not; and if not by end of next week, no one will care anymore.
    Amen. Why do I care if Jake hurt her feelings or broke her heart? I never wrote letters to the editor, took out adds in local news, or went on radio interview to 'tell all' on the ex's in my life. I don't know her, and millions in America don't either. Tanya, move on baby. He just wasn't that into you!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3848677;
    nobody's knows that, just because that seems to be what Jake and Vienna are doing, doesn't mean that's what she's doing too. I'm giving the girl the benefit of the doubt til I hear more.... the only thing she's got going against her at this point in time, in my book, is that she had the poor taste to date Jake.
    Jake and Vienna are in the limelight because they were on a show. No one, other than close friends and family, would ever know who Tanya is unless she sold her story to the highest bidder. I think there is a big difference, and Tanya should have just moved on. Getting your heart broken is an awful thing, but it doesn't entitle you to 15 minutes of fame. If that were true, you would have read about me and my life, for about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3848843;
    I'm not really getting why it would be any big to deal for Jake's girlfriend (and he has acknowledged that she was his girlfriend) to have met a guy who is known to hang around the same airport where Jake flies. Herb still has some kind of role at SWA, and only left the board about 2 or 3 years ago.

And I'm totally not getting why this website should be considered a spoof.
    Jake is in two pictures on her website. In one he is standing behind Herb Kellner and the letters "Jake P.. " are visible on his nametag. Perhaps those are faked pictures, too? No, they aren't.

I'm awake and can smell the coffee. I'd invite the doubters to join me.

FORT Fanatic

There is a nice interview over on JU with Viennas mother. It is worth listening to. Sometimes the tabloids can get it oh so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3848883;
    Amen. Why do I care if Jake hurt her feelings or broke her heart? I never wrote letters to the editor, took out adds in local news, or went on radio interview to 'tell all' on the ex's in my life. I don't know her, and millions in America don't either. Tanya, move on baby. He just wasn't that into you!
    Well, I care if he broke her heart by being dishonest with her. That's a shame. But you're right; those kind of situations happen to millions--just not on TV/media/Internet.

But like you, I didn't take out revenge. Believe me, there are many who would have, but I think that type of reaction causes more pain and repercussions at the soul and psyche levels. IMO, being judgmental and vengeful is like drinking poison. There's that wise saying "it's not what happens to you, but what you do with it". And another wise saying is "the best revenge is living well". IMO that's what Melissa has been doing ever since the Jason-Molly fiasco. As far as I know, she put it behind her, moved on, and didn't lash out in the media. And look at her now.

I'm not criticizing Tanya (after all, I haven't even heard her whole story about it yet and may never), and I'm not defending Jake either. I've never been a Jake fan anyway.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3848246;
    After watching that interview, I can't help but feel like Jake seems different from when he was on the bachelor/ette show. I don't know what it is...
    I agree with you about Jake being different than when he was on the show. Either this is really his obnoxious self or Vienna is having this kind of influence on him and changing him for the worse. I'm leaning towards the former.

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3848952;
    There is a nice interview over on JU with Viennas mother. It is worth listening to. Sometimes the tabloids can get it oh so wrong.

Yes they can be so mean. She really seemed like a normal middle class person.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3848974;
    Well, I care if he broke her heart by being dishonest with her. That's a shame. But you're right; those kind of situations happen to millions--just not on TV/media/Internet.

But like you, I didn't take out revenge. Believe me, there are many who would have, but I think that type of reaction causes more pain and repercussions at the soul and psyche levels. IMO, being judgmental and vengeful is like drinking poison. There's that wise saying "it's not what happens to you, but what you do with it". And another wise saying is "the best revenge is living well". IMO that's what Melissa has been doing ever since the Jason-Molly fiasco. As far as I know, she put it behind her, moved on, and didn't lash out in the media. And look at her now.

I'm not criticizing Tanya (after all, I haven't even heard her whole story about it yet and may never), and I'm not defending Jake either. I've never been a Jake fan anyway.
    And I agree. My first post where I wrote that was in response to this. My second a few minutes later, probably said what I thought of Jake breaking her heart. It is awful, but it happens, and we do not know if she is being realistic about it or not. Just me.

This was my other thought in another post:

Jake and Vienna are in the limelight because they were on a show. No one, other than close friends and family, would ever know who Tanya is unless she sold her story to the highest bidder. I think there is a big difference, and Tanya should have just moved on. Getting your heart broken is an awful thing, but it doesn't entitle you to 15 minutes of fame. If that were true, you would have read about me and my life, for about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3848345;
    They were introduced, they came out holding hands - the segment you saw was the second segment. They had 2.
    When I saw Ellen here CST, it showed J/V not introduced, just went straight to them playing a game and then after a commercial, Ellen was talking to them and then they showed them playing the same game they were playing at the beginning. I think the show was just screwed up here, because I have it all on tape.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3849011;
    And I agree. My first post where I wrote that was in response to this. My second a few minutes later, probably said what I thought of Jake breaking her heart. It is awful, but it happens, and we do not know if she is being realistic about it or not. Just me.

This was my other thought in another post:

Yes, I saw your later post but failed to mention it.

I'm sorry yours would be an hour!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Closed Thread