Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3848268;
    No need to look up. I believe you. My point was that this is all seems so designed to elicit opinions. I note that peoples opinions about Jake, Vienna and Jakienna ? as well as the public's feelings about Ali as the new B'ette seem to be so polarized. It's almost like what you see in political campaigns ... but then I guess it is a campaign of sorts ... but in this case it's for ratings.
    But then I guess it is a campaign of sorts ... but in this case it's for ratings.

And if you remember this, it puts everything into perspective. I never get why we play into their hands after every show. Can anyone think of a better way to keep interest high?

Controversy = interest = Viewers = Ratings = $$ = more shows = more $$
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3848267;
    I think the depth of this show has been demonstrated in several interviews in which Jake is asked when he fell for Vienna.
    He says he wanted to take it slow and let it develop over time, but that she won his heart in a 45 MINUTE conversation on a bench while at that castle where he went with Gia and Vienna. In that amount of time, he said, he learned from her that she was very spiritual and they shared the same values.
    I don't even need to comment on how stupid that sounds or what their shared values may be.
    But Jake, I have a National Park I would like to sell you and will talk to you about it at length - maybe 48 minutes - if I can ever find you in church so we can close the deal.
    Even though I know this is a ridiculous statement, to some on here, I would challenge anyone of us to go on this show and do anything otherwise. If we want the TB and the Bach'ette to continue, so we can sleuth and play amateur spy's, then we all need to take it in the context that it is. The ugly personal attacks have nothing to do with sleuthing.

It helps me to listen to the interviews, or read them and not take anything as gospel. BTW, I also realize if we didn't, we wouldn't have anything to discuss on here... so its all good.

eta: well, not all good. I just prefer to overlook the ugliness. Otherwise, I wouldn't stick around.
    Last edited by MsDll; 03-05-2010 at 03:23 AM.

FORT sun

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3848274;
    But then I guess it is a campaign of sorts ... but in this case it's for ratings.

And if you remember this, it puts everything into perspective. I never get why we play into their hands after every show. Can anyone think of a better way to keep interest high?

And that's entertainment! As Jimmy Durante used to say, "Man is the only animal that can be skinned more than once. "

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3848271;
    LOL he contradicts himself so much if Vienna won his heart in napa valley then wth did he say that at the f4 if he was forced to pick someone right then and their he would have chosen Ali he cant keep his stories straight. I soooooo hope he is the first one voted off of DWTS I am tired of seeing his phoney fake self on my T.V screen
    LOL Exactly. Jake just shut up, please.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Sorry for the double post, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3848240;
    Short recap of the Jake & Vienna JK interview, hitting the main points only:

-JK held up the tabs and some faked covers as well. Vienna told her usual jokes about them and giggled.

-Vienna says they saw each other every two weeks. (Umm, I thought it was every week? )

-Jake talked about his disguise. Brother bought him a handlebar mustache from Austin, and Jake would wear it to the mall so he wouldn't get recognized. Because he's a big "stah", doncha know.

-Vienna says she talks to Jake's mom, "like, twice a day."

-Vienna said a lady booed her while she was walking down a street (Rodeo Dr, maybe? Can't recall) in L.A. Said she wanted to pop the lady's tire.

-JK, Vienna, and Jake laughing about his conversation with Tenley, re: physical chemistry and sexual chemistry. Jake laughs it up and says "Yeah, they're the same. I was trying to take the high road
    and not crush her."

-JK says something like the difference in that area was with Vienna compared to Tenley, he wanted to fool around with Vienna. Don't remember the exact wording, but Jake moved in his hand in a "Yeah, sorta" fashion and laughed. Giggles from Vienna.

Just one big fest, basically. JK brought embarrassing stuff up, but Jake didn't have to be a clod. Could've just not commented on that.

Tenley and the other 23 women dodged a big fat bullet. The man has no sense of decorum, whatsoever.
    The bold really just makes me want to throw a ice cold glass of water in his face. He's so rude. Tenley was far better at communicating than he is. You'd think he'd be able to have a proper conversation, tell the TRUTH, and not hurt someone feelings. He needs to grow up. I'm glad Tenley is happy and has moved on. On BH she all but said she feels like she dodged a bullet. Does he really think they'll be "friends for life?" or was he trying to be nice again. *shudders*
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3847919;
    That is really interesting, a nicely done website.
    Takeaways:
    a) She is very young (graduated college May 2009) - maybe the same age as Vienna
    b) She is very cute, and seems smart
    c) She was in NY during the Spring of 2009 (possibly corroborates the story that Jake took the girl to NY with company money during that time frame)
    d) She was flying in Lantana, Texas with Jake in the Summer of 2009 - this is our girl.
    e) She was in the Bahamas on a project until October 2009 - isn't this about right for when Jake came back from shooting the show (November)?
    Wow, I have this feeling that she is going to have some interesting things to say, because so far it all looks legitimate.
    As legitimate as a 3 dollar bill.

What the heck is a photo featuring Herb Kelleher doing there? I mean, come on ... LOL

Anyway, I think the whole thing is a spoof.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3848033;
    Yes, I saw them. It didn't show them being introduced and coming out, which I thought was strange. I told my dh that they might have gotten boooood. It went right to Ellen and them playing some game about how well they know about each other. Ellen didn't seem too impressed.
    They were introduced, they came out holding hands - the segment you saw was the second segment. They had 2.
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT sun

It looked like Jake and Vienna were having fun on the Ellen show. I'm sure all this hyped up buzz will blow out long before they split up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3848274;

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3848290;
    Even though I know this is a ridiculous statement, to some on here, I would challenge anyone of us to go on this show and do anything otherwise. If we want the TB and the Bach'ette to continue, so we can sleuth and play amateur spy's, then we all need to take it in the context that it is. The ugly personal attacks have nothing to do with sleuthing.

It helps me to listen to the interviews, or read them and not take anything as gospel. BTW, I also realize if we didn't, we wouldn't have anything to discuss on here... so its all good.

eta: well, not all good. I just prefer to overlook the ugliness. Otherwise, I wouldn't stick around.

If you read these two posts together, there you have it. Without this show the way that we are getting it, there would be nothing to sleuth - locations or anything else, no target for the incredible snarkiness, bitterness, and even unexpected hurtful atrocities that some are posting. There would be no excitement, no drama, and nothing to anticipate.

Although I am more than well capable of understanding what others have posted - more than capable - I have read these two posts maybe three times. They get a because they put the situation into an intelligent perspective that I understand and which says to me, "If you are going to watch this show and sleuth it, you need to understand what is happening and why." (Thanks, jelle, for the reminder.)

With that said, I will say that the producers will exploit Ali's identified weaknesses (she has been tested the same as everyone else), and they will set her up for the same kind of fiasco as this appears to be the ongoing trend. I expect to see some of her favorites embroiled in controversy as well because the producers will know in advance who is in that situation, and they will push those guys at her.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Ellen (bless her heart) blew the game (and she even admitted that she didn't know how to play the game) and minutes were wasted that would have been vastly more interesting if spent on interview time. Don't these show owner hosts prep before the cameras roll? To her credit, she was nice to Vienna about the bashing by the media and the mean girls on the show.

Regarding the Tanya Douglas fiasco, I really hope that Vienna wasn't betrayed by Jake (if their love relationship is real). If they're mutually just going for the bling, fling and fame, then OK then.

My opinions about all this stuff vary, based on (at any particular moment) whether I think the show is %100 fake or less than 100% fake.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Closed Thread