Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Daturian;3847873;
    Welcome to About.com

Tanya Douglas is the ex coming out with this story, in one of the pics you can see a part of Jake's face. (the airplane pic)
    In the very last picture where they are rafting, one guy's face is covered up by a cartoon character so you can not see his face. I wonder if that is Jake?

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3847902;
    In the very last picture where they are rafting, one guy's face is covered up by a cartoon character so you can not see his face. I wonder if that is Jake?
    It looks very similar to the way his muscles bulge in his arms. And the guy's frame matches the squatty stature of Jake. Could well be him.

FORT Fanatic

Welcome to About.com

Tanya Douglas is the ex coming out with this story, in one of the pics you can see a part of Jake's face. (the airplane pic)

I noticed some NYC pictures in her portfolio, spring '09 ... is she the one he wanted to impress using the $4000 he borrowed from his limo partner?

Tanya now lives in Orlando, FL, and those are definitely pictures of her and Jake. We'll see what she has.

sdl

Welcome to About.com

That is really interesting, a nicely done website.
    Takeaways:
    a) She is very young (graduated college May 2009) - maybe the same age as Vienna
    b) She is very cute, and seems smart
    c) She was in NY during the Spring of 2009 (possibly corroborates the story that Jake took the girl to NY with company money during that time frame)
    d) She was flying in Lantana, Texas with Jake in the Summer of 2009 - this is our girl.
    e) She was in the Bahamas on a project until October 2009 - isn't this about right for when Jake came back from shooting the show (November)?
    Wow, I have this feeling that she is going to have some interesting things to say, because so far it all looks legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3847907;
    I noticed some NYC pictures in her portfolio, spring '09 ... is she the one he wanted to impress using the $4000 he borrowed from his limo partner?
    She certainly seems to travel alot in a short time span judging from the dates on the pics, Las Vegas in Fall 09, wasnt that when Bachelor was about to start? Could this be fly_girl?

If you compare it to fly_girl's time line

***Here's the time line!! Christina 05-Jan 08...a f:::buddy until April 08....me may08-oct08 (broke up with me then cause abc called for the bachelorette)...dated a few other girls until the show....got dumped by Jillian...started dating another person until he got the call that he was the bachelor (2 weeks prior to the bachelor announcent).....now filming the show. He has dated some great women so maybe the problem is him. He started calling me again from the time he left Jillian until 2 days before the DWTS announcement...he is a D-Bag.

So no fly.girl is not Tanya :p

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3847899;
    Re bolded....so are we then to assume that guys from Jake's area of Texas don't know how to dress? What does any of this have to do with where a person lives? What does height and the like have to do with anything? I don't see what's to be gained by going that route, but since we are, I prefer a guy with hair.
    Because, haven't you heard? Vienna lives in a swamp, with the alligators and no running water and her Mom and Dad were first cousins...oh, and they got the idea for the movie "Deliverance" from there...and they feast on road kill!!

Apparently where Vienna lives is tacky-city and the people there don't know how to match their shoes with their outfit.

All tongue-in-cheek aside...I do have to agree...please, Jake, no more mock turtlenecks. They went out of style in the 70s, ok?? Please??

The Bacheloretteís Ali Hopes Jake and Vienna Will Last

One of four final contestants, 25-year-old Ali Fedotowsky abandoned her quest for Dallas pilot Jake Pavelkaís love on The Bachelor because she had to go back to her job at Facebook. A week later she changed her mind and asked to return. But Pavelka had moved on, and now so has she. Fedotowsky was announced as the new star of The Bachelorette Monday night during the After The Final Rose special. PEOPLE talked with Fedotowsky about falling for Jake, why he chose Vienna and her upcoming adventure in love. ĖMonica Rizzo

Why do you want to be the Bachelorette?
    [On The Bachelor] I had real feelings that I didnít expect to have. I thought this will be a fun experience and I might meet someone great. But I wasnít banking on that. I believe in it and I believe I can find someone. Iím just a romantic.

You left your job to be on The Bachelor, then you left the show because you didnít want to lose your job. But now that youíre the Bachelorette, whatís up with your job?I had to leave my job. [Monday] was my last day. It was a really tough decision. At the end of the day, I donít want to look back on my life and say there was this opportunity to meet a great guy and take that risk and I didnít take it because I was scared, which is the same reason I didnít take the risk with Jake and I donít want to make that mistake again. So Iím just going to go for it. I hope it works out.

Do you regret leaving Jake?
    Sometimes I think that was the right choice and I think I came back to this career I really care about and if it was love heíd come back to me. And then when I see that he ended up with someone, I think I made the right choice. Iím happy for him. Heís engaged and happy and I hope it works out for him because I want to have faith in my own journey.

You saw the finale before it aired Monday night. Why?
    I did. I asked to watch it. I said before I go do this and start this new chapter, I really need to close the first one. The only way to really close that was to see how it plays out and be happy for them. It was a definitive closure moment for me after that episode was over.

A lot of fans are shocked Jake proposed to Vienna. What do you think?
    I understand why he picked Vienna. He has a lot of fun with her. [On the show] I saw him act more with her like he acted with me ó relaxed, laid back, having fun. I believed the whole season long it was Vienna.

Have you talked to Jake since leaving the show?
    I talked to him at the Women Tell All taping briefly. Thatís it.

There were rumors that you and Jake had secret rendezvous after the show.
    No, those are all false.

How do you feel about being the subject of tabloid gossip?
    It affects me. Iím only human. I have really great friends and support. When my mind starts to veer off in the wrong direction, I have people here reminding me Iím better than that and I donít need to listen to what people are saying about me. I know who I am. And itís kind of funny because I used to read some of these magazines and think it was all true! Now I look at them and Iím like, huh? Thatís not true at all! Now I wonder what other stuff Iíve been reading is false.

Fans really liked seeing you and Jake together.
    I think itís cute that people are holding onto the hope that Jake and I might get back together. If anything, Iím almost flattered by that rumor. Iím glad that people saw what I saw in our relationship.

Have you been dating since you left the show?
    Before I was actually [picked to be] the Bachelorette I was like, I wish I was dating, then I wouldnít be alone right now. No, I have not been dating, seeing anyone. I have a lot of guy friends so maybe someone mistakenly saw me out with a friend.

We heard your hometown deli, Pappa Charlieís, will name a sandwich after you?
    My sister joked with me ó she said what makes you more special in my eyes is Pappa Charlieís is naming a sandwich after you. Weíre all excited.
    The Bachelorette’s Ali Hopes Jake and Vienna Will Last - PEOPLE TV Watch
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3847437;
    Jake said it on Regis and Kelly on Tuesday. At least that's where I heard him call ABC family.

Anyone watch them on Ellen this morning?
    Yes, I saw them. It didn't show them being introduced and coming out, which I thought was strange. I told my dh that they might have gotten boooood. It went right to Ellen and them playing some game about how well they know about each other. Ellen didn't seem too impressed.

FORT Fanatic

I shortened the quote to reflect my comment
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3847966;
    ..... Apparently where Vienna lives is tacky-city and the people there don't know how to match their shoes with their outfit.
    All tongue-in-cheek aside...I do have to agree...please, Jake, no more mock turtlenecks. They went out of style in the 70s, ok?? Please??
    Well, according to Corrie's blog the must have trend is the nude coloured shoe:

There is nothing more spend worthy than a great neutral shoe. It is a must have. It will be your “go to” shoe… that never, ever fails you. So if you don’t already have one that you love, (because you should love it) then go “INVEST” (seriously) in a pair. They will not only elongate your legs & whole body over all… they go with pretty much everything! Be sure and find a pair that matches and blends well with your skin tone.

Vienna must be reading Corrie's blog and followed her advice.
    Maybe the reason Vienna looks different after the FRC is because Corrie gave her a free makeover.
    Last edited by richmondrose; 03-04-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Closed Thread