Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

She's far from worldly enough to be imparting her words of wisdom.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3847830;
    Sorry, but I just find it very presumptuous of her to think she is enough of an authority on any subject to impart her "wisdom" to young girls/women. Wait until she has accomplished something slightly extraordinary please.
    Ironcat, hopefully we will be privy to those who wish to glean a few "pearls" of wisdom er, I mean "diamonds" from V. Now that's entertainment!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3847826;
    Is the ex getting paid to talk about this? What does she have to gain from it if her story turns out to be true?
    only she knows the answer to this, but the inferrence of what we've heard so far is that Jake is a cad (not that we didn't already know that) but it seems she'll be able to expose information about him that will leave him wanting to wish he was never considered for the Bachelor. I hope she delivers - I'm usually very neutral about these folks, but he's rubbed me the very wrong way right from the git go with his fakeness/perfectness/Mesnick antics/quest for fame...etc....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Prissypants;3847786;
    I missed a few...hours so I had to catch up. Summary:

1. I agree with FanofUnrealTV - I think from this point on any photos should be preceded by a warning. When I saw the blue mock turtleneck, his perfectly "ripped" pants and brown shoes, I snort-laughed and cracked up so loudly that my boss came out of his office to ask what was so funny. I cannot risk any more hilarious outbursts like that. His smile in those pap shots makes me want to punch him. He is so arrogant and stupid and it cannot be denied since his true colors are coming out now.

2. Even before Jake was THE bachelor we were exposed to his acting past and his manipulations about Wes. I don't know why we, myself included, are a bit shocked by his choice in Hoochie of the Year for his betrothed and now these allegations. I am ashamed that I gave him the benefit of the doubt earlier this season. I should have known that if he picked Horsienna it was because he on the same level as her rather than thinking he was just that naive. *slaps forehead*

3. The way this story is being presented is that it won't ruin only Jake's reputation, but the show as a whole. That is what really has me interested. Was Jake dumb enough to confide serious show secrets to this girl?

and most importantly....

4. Can I say how proud I will be if this girl turns out to be from this community and she brings evil Fliess down in some way? I know that's hoping for a lot, but hey a girl can dream, right?
    Your post cracked me up! When I saw that picture of Jake, I started to laugh too! I can't put my finger on it, but it does look like Vienna had some work done; perhaps on her nose?

Your description of Vienna as "Hoochie of the Year," made me laugh at loud and almost spit out my drink! Too funny! Keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Prissypants;3847786;
    I missed a few...hours so I had to catch up. Summary:

2. Even before Jake was THE bachelor we were exposed to his acting past and his manipulations about Wes. I don't know why we, myself included, are a bit shocked by his choice in Hoochie of the Year for his betrothed and now these allegations. I am ashamed that I gave him the benefit of the doubt earlier this season. I should have known that if he picked Horsienna it was because he on the same level as her rather than thinking he was just that naive. *slaps forehead*
    Yeah, I also gave this clown the benefit of the doubt. Even putting aside my dislike of whom he chose, it's his stupid mouth that's really disgusting me. Some of the stuff he's saying is so far beyond appropriate, it's nuts. And I gave Wes the benefit of the doubt on almost everything last season once Jeremy stuck up for him, but I figured the part about Jake maybe wasn't completely accurate. I mean, who would say that he wanted America to fall in love with him? Who would be that dopey? Yeah, well, may I just say: I'm sorry Wes. I now fully believe Jake said what he did about wanting America to fall in love with him.

As for Vienna and public speaking-- Look at Jake's website. That's what he sounds like he wants to get into as well. He's billing himself as a male version of Miss Manners on that thing. Once again:

I can think of so many how would be better qualified to do motivational speaking and have knowledge/wisdom worthy of being passed on to young women.

I liken her want to do motivational speaking to me wanting to play professional basketball. It just isn't going to happen. But on the off chance it does, no one will really gain anything from it.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

sdl

Sorry, but I just find it very presumptuous of her to think she is enough of an authority on any subject to impart her "wisdom" to young girls/women. Wait until she has accomplished something slightly extraordinary please.
    Maybe Hooters needs someone to convince their girls to get out of the rack, and Vienna can "motivate" them to show up for work.
    Assuming she's not busy with her "marketing rep" or "fitness instructor" gigs.
    The nice thing about Vienna moving to LA to watch the little guy on DWTS is that she doesn't have to give anyone notice - no employer, and I'm sure Vinnie long ago quit waiting up.
    Might want to slip a file in a cake to that boyfriend in jail.

That's fine, but Vienna was and is still a young woman and she is human. She probably could speak to somethings in her life to other young girls. Motivational doesn't have to mean a surmon from the mountain. I guess that was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3847843;
    Maybe Hooters needs someone to convince their girls to get out of the rack, and Vienna can "motivate" them to show up for work.
    Assuming she's not busy with her "marketing rep" or "fitness instructor" gigs.
    The nice thing about Vienna moving to LA to watch the little guy on DWTS is that she doesn't have to give anyone notice - no employer, and I'm sure Vinnie long ago quit waiting up.
    Might want to slip a file in a cake to that boyfriend in jail.
    Oh, SDL, I have missed reading your posts! I think "Hoochie of the Year," Vienna, would fit right in at Hooters. You are very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3847291;
    I don't understand why posting the sad truth about these people is bashing, but saying that they make a darling couple with huge hearts, who are misunderstood, is laudable. I think I understand them very well. Notice how many people have appeared on the show about whom there have never been any negative reports. A bad reputation, like a good one, must be earned.
    I have a daughter who is almost Vienna's age. She has never worked at Hooters, had a boob job, done bikini contests, eloped with a stranger, gone on TV to find a better husband, alienated every girl she rooms with, posed topless, moved in with a guy she knew for a month, or licked whip cream off of another girl's chest.
    I have a son who isn't far behind in age. He is quite involved in the church, a youth ministry leader - but he doesn't talk about it, he lives it. He also would not go on TV for a wife, sleep with a girl with a shady past who he has known for a month, brag to the magazines about his sex life, steal money from a friend, or lie whenever called upon to do so.
    So forgive me if I'm not moved by those who try to make us feel guilty for criticizing Jake and Vienna. Because I believe in something called character. Some have it and some don't, but it has to be demonstrated....and our happy couple seems to have missed that lesson in life.

I guess I don't understand how this is any different than what many don't like about Vienna. It seems that Vienna making less than flattering comments about others is what has drawn the ire of so many people, although she has said many times that she's just telling the truth about things. And on the flip side there are individuals like Tenley and Gia who are careful about what they say and are pretty universally applauded for that. So maybe it's a similar dynamic here???

Also, I could be wrong since I haven't really been on the boards much the last few days, but I'm not certain that anyone has said Jake and Vienna have huge hearts and are misunderstood. I don't think I've made that statement and don't recall reading it either. My view is simply that they matched up well, that Vienna is fun and full of life, is very pretty, has no filter, has some growing up to do, and the two of them look to be in love - at the moment. Since I don't know either of them I hesitate to comment on their character and I'm just not one who reads the rag mags. I just couldn't care less whats in those things.

Closed Thread