Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Of the two of them, Jake and his ex-, only Jake has a known track record of fibbing for dollars. I have no idea what the truth is here (nor do I particularly care, since I'm not convinced this engagement is the real deal, anyway) but I don't see why it isn't possible that he's reconnected with an ex- after the show finished. It's not like that isn't the norm.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3847768;
    Thank you for saying this. Contrary to my avatar, I was not a JED fan during her season. What I've come to respect is their dedication to the relationship and being there for each other, despite the tabloid trashing and board trashing that they took after the season was over (and some diring the season). Hey, its not my life so it means nothing in my day to day world and I would never get so invested in their lives, or Jake and Vienna's, to take any of this personally. I don't like the ridiculous attacks and name calling, but whatever floats your boat is my motto. No harm, no foul to me. I just don't like it, personally.
    The only way for Jake and Vienna to survive is to get out of the lime light.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3847767;
    This is my take on it. Vienna has said she realizes this about herself, and she probably started toward that realization on the Madonna Inn date when Jake told her that she basically brings it on herself. If her recognition began then, and she's slipped a couple of times, that does NOT mean that she hasn't learned or grown from it. I don't think holding things against her that happened in the house before that point in time is fair. Jake said she had some maturing to do and they could do that/go through that together. JMO
    I'm not sure how much maturing/learning we can expect of her if her partner continues to enable her by blaming others for her problems. Also, so far, I have yet to hear a sincere mea culpa from Vienna about anything, more like damage control. If she truly recognizes that she offended the women at first, making a quick and heartfelt public apology to them would be a painless and good first step, but so far, she hasn't gone there in any of her media interviews. And the fact that she thinks she is qualified to be a motivational speaker now indicates to me that she truly sees herself as someone who has already accumulated sufficient "wisdom" to impart to others, not someone who still has a lot of growing up to do.
    Last edited by ironcat; 03-04-2010 at 06:18 PM.

I missed a few...hours so I had to catch up. Summary:

1. I agree with FanofUnrealTV - I think from this point on any photos should be preceded by a warning. When I saw the blue mock turtleneck, his perfectly "ripped" pants and brown shoes, I snort-laughed and cracked up so loudly that my boss came out of his office to ask what was so funny. I cannot risk any more hilarious outbursts like that. His smile in those pap shots makes me want to punch him. He is so arrogant and stupid and it cannot be denied since his true colors are coming out now.

2. Even before Jake was THE bachelor we were exposed to his acting past and his manipulations about Wes. I don't know why we, myself included, are a bit shocked by his choice in Hoochie of the Year for his betrothed and now these allegations. I am ashamed that I gave him the benefit of the doubt earlier this season. I should have known that if he picked Horsienna it was because he on the same level as her rather than thinking he was just that naive. *slaps forehead*

3. The way this story is being presented is that it won't ruin only Jake's reputation, but the show as a whole. That is what really has me interested. Was Jake dumb enough to confide serious show secrets to this girl?

and most importantly....

4. Can I say how proud I will be if this girl turns out to be from this community and she brings evil Fliess down in some way? I know that's hoping for a lot, but hey a girl can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3847782;
    TRUE, which is why Jake needs to get voted off DWTS in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3847783;
    I'm not sure how much maturing/learning we can expect of her if her partner continues to enable her by blaming others for her problems.
    This is exactly how I feel... Vienna will learn... someday. However, on that day she won't be with Jake. He should make her want to be a better person but instead all he does is make excuses for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3847783;
    I'm not sure how much maturing/learning we can expect of her if her partner continues to enable her by blaming others for her problems. Also, so far, I have yet to hear a sincere mea culpa from Vienna about anything, more like damage control. If she truly recognizes that she offended the women at first, making a quick and heartfelt public apology to them would be a painless and good first step, but so far, she hasn't gone there in any of her media interviews. And the fact that she thinks she is qualified to be a motivational speaker now indicates to me that she truly sees herself as someone who has already accumulated sufficient "wisdom" to impart to others, not someone who still has a lot of growing up to do.
    Motivational could mean that she wants to talk to young girls about finishing college after a divorce, or going to college at all in the first place. Who knows what the topic would be? I doubt she would give motivational speeches about surviving the Bachelor or the tabloids. But again, just my opinion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3847782;
    It's entirely possible that the only reason Jake and Vienna are together is FOR the limelight. No limelight, no Jake and Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3847777;
    A woman alleging to be an ex-girlfriend of "The Bachelor" Jake Pavelka says he is not the man he claims to be -- but Jake says she's just out to capitalize financially on his fame!
    He is delusional - HIS fame - he now thinks he's famous?? Laughable!! As for whether or not it's true, i don't care, but this is the kind of stuff he willingly signed up for - question is, is he man enough to take the heat?
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3847735;
    J&V will be on Bonnie Hunt tomorrow.
    Did she request them to appear on her show or was this a scheduled appearance? The reason I ask is because Jeff from Big Brother 11 was requested because Bonnie is from Chicago and liked him.

Closed Thread