Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3847689;
    What does that mean?
    When he was announced as the Bachelor on DWTS last October.
    I know it's kind of confusing because of his new gig.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3847656;
    was this posted?
    a) Please note the zipper boots. He has finally obtained a second pair, identical to the black ones CH lent him for the show, but in brown.
    b) Vienna's shoes do not match her outfit, anywhere outside of Geneva, Florida.
    c) Vienna wears a larger belt than Jake.
    d) Despite his workouts, J&V have roughly the same size shoulders
    e) I don't think I've seen a guy carry a cell phone in a holster in a few years. They're smaller now, Jake, and fit in the pocket.
    f) Man, Vienna did something to her face but I just can't put my finger on it. Need to call in a veterinarian.

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3847691;
    When he was announced as the Bachelor on DWTS last October.
    I know it's kind of confusing because of his new gig.
    That's what I thought, but I was wondering if she had more information than she let on, and there was a Freudian slip. Thanks!
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prissypants;3847619;
    people keep referencing Edgate like it was a joke. Do people honestly believe those girls concocted all that and that it was all lies?!?!
    Some people do, Prissypants, believe it or not.

On this forum we have people who, every season, believe in the fairy tale, regardless. Like it's the must-have ending. At the other end of the spectrum, some don't believe in any relationship formed during this show. Like it's the impossible ending. And we have people who believe every variation on those themes in between. IMO, difference in taste and opinion is a good thing. Otherwise, it would be very boring around here, with everybody agreeing on everything.

For me, proof was presented, in spades, to convince me that Ed's gfgate was true. No question. Not even worth debating. For others, proof takes a different form -- I think personally eye witnessing the event is the only proof for them.

Why believe anything that's printed in the rag mags? I don't believe most of it. I assume almost everything printed about an A-list star (Brangelina?) is garbage. But, sometimes they get it right. Just ask John Edwards or Tiger Woods or Kobe Bryant or ... the list goes on. Just because somebody might have an axe to grind or get paid for an interview doesn't make their story necessarily untrue. So, make up your own mind, give the story a reality-check against your own beliefs and experiences, run it through your own filter.

If this ex-girlfriend of Jake's has the same kind of documentation/proof that Ed's gfs had, that would make her story believable to me.

I just watched Tenley on Bonnie Hunt, and must say she has a really good head on her shoulders. Great girl .
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Well in Jakes defense.... am I sticking my neck out here??? He did not propose I don't believe. When does dating someone means that they can not date around? Until there is a commitment verbally that it the relationship is exclusive then hey...you can date around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3847696;
    Some people do, Prissypants, believe it or not.

On this forum we have people who, every season, believe in the fairy tale, regardless. Like it's the must-have ending. At the other end of the spectrum, some don't believe in any relationship formed during this show. Like it's the impossible ending. And we have people who believe every variation on those themes in between. IMO, difference in taste and opinion is a good thing. Otherwise, it would be very boring around here, with everybody agreeing on everything.

For me, proof was presented, in spades, to convince me that Ed's gfgate was true. No question. Not even worth debating. For others, proof takes a different form -- I think personally eye witnessing the event is the only proof for them.

Why believe anything that's printed in the rag mags? I don't believe most of it. I assume almost everything printed about an A-list star (Brangelina?) is garbage. But, sometimes they get it right. Just ask John Edwards or Tiger Woods or Kobe Bryant or ... the list goes on. Just because somebody might have an axe to grind or get paid for an interview doesn't make their story necessarily untrue. So, make up your own mind, give the story a reality-check against your own beliefs and experiences, run it through your own filter.

If this ex-girlfriend of Jake's has the same kind of documentation/proof that Ed's gfs had, that would make her story believable to me.
    Very good post. I am of the mind that almost every story in the tabloids is exaggerated to some degree to make it more attention-grabbing, but most of them have varying degrees of truth in them, even if in a few cases it is no more than a kernel. Some seem to see things only in black and white, IOW, if the story isn't 100% true, then it is all false.

I also don't think these scandals break out about certain contestants in a totally arbitrary way. Yes, we all have certain skeletons in our closet, but when you go on a show like this with a very full closet (and especially if you've burned a lot of bridges as well, leaving angry people in your wake), it is more likely to bust wide open, so to speak, especially if you make it far. There have been numerous people from the show, some who were not even liked very much, who remained relatively unscathed, and it wasn't because they just got lucky but because there was little dirt on them to tell in the first place.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3847291;
    I don't understand why posting the sad truth about these people is bashing, but saying that they make a darling couple with huge hearts, who are misunderstood, is laudable. I think I understand them very well. Notice how many people have appeared on the show about whom there have never been any negative reports. A bad reputation, like a good one, must be earned.
    I have a daughter who is almost Vienna's age. She has never worked at Hooters, had a boob job, done bikini contests, eloped with a stranger, gone on TV to find a better husband, alienated every girl she rooms with, posed topless, moved in with a guy she knew for a month, or licked whip cream off of another girl's chest.
    I have a son who isn't far behind in age. He is quite involved in the church, a youth ministry leader - but he doesn't talk about it, he lives it. He also would not go on TV for a wife, sleep with a girl with a shady past who he has known for a month, brag to the magazines about his sex life, steal money from a friend, or lie whenever called upon to do so.
    So forgive me if I'm not moved by those who try to make us feel guilty for criticizing Jake and Vienna. Because I believe in something called character. Some have it and some don't, but it has to be demonstrated....and our happy couple seems to have missed that lesson in life.
    I totally agree. I can't understand why we must all flock to the happy couple just because they are the "chosen" one. They are not my family or friends, I don't have to make nice with them. I thought these boards were for stating our opinions. But then we are criticized or have posts removed when we don't follow the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3847710;
    Very good post. I am of the mind that almost every story in the tabloids is exaggerated to some degree to make it more attention-grabbing, but most of them have varying degrees of truth in them, even if in a few cases it is no more than a kernel. Some seem to see things only in black and white, IOW, if the story isn't 100% true, then it is all false.

I also don't think these scandals break out about certain contestants in a totally arbitrary way. Yes, we all have certain skeletons in our closet, but when you go on a show like this with a very full closet (and especially if you've burned a lot of bridges as well, leaving angry people in your wake), it is more likely to bust wide open, so to speak, especially if you make it far. There have been numerous people from the show, some who were not even liked very much, who remained relatively unscathed, and it wasn't because they just got lucky but because there was little dirt on them to tell in the first place.
    good post, and also agree with the one you quoted.

one thing that does bug me is that i believe edgate was way more true than not. that he hooked up with girls while home from filming and even contacted them from spain and after the proposal.

and yet, jillian is still with him. moreover, we have not heard so much as a whisper about ongoing cheating since the finale aired.

either the tabloids are no longer interested in that scandal (i doubt that's the case), he's doing it and no one knows (good luck), or he actually is remaining faithful to her.

i wouldn't have believed it to be possible, but i just don't see how he could be getting away with seeing anyone else while with her, and he obviously still is with her.

that has changed how i view these "scandals" a bit, and while i don't discount anything with reasonable evidence to back it up, i don't slam the door on a person's ability to change or to have changed, or to have found someone who is on the same page.
    _(Moo!)

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3847706;
    Well in Jakes defense.... am I sticking my neck out here??? He did not propose I don't believe. When does dating someone means that they can not date around? Until there is a commitment verbally that it the relationship is exclusive then hey...you can date around.
    I apologize because I believe I misread you the first time through.
    You're talking about the girl in Texas, right?
    Because clearly he proposed to Vienna.
    But I think the controversy is what he did after he was engaged to Vienna.
    That we'll have to wait and see.

Closed Thread