Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3846874;
    So the story is that Jake is the church nominated "moral" Bachelor, right?
    - absolutely no proof ever that anyone at his church nominated him
    - he has now been caught in more lies than I can remember
    - he wants to live with this bar room girl without marriage indefinitely
    - he wants to chase her around naked and can't get off of her
    - his passion is lying, I mean flying, but he jumps from show to show
    - so when was the last time Jake actually went to church
    - did he take Vienna, in which case the cross would have fallen off the wall
    - other than sex and stupidity, exactly what are the "values" these 2 share?
    At least he has new shoes for DWTS, the first time I've ever seen him not wearing those zipper lifts. I wonder if someone had to help him tie the laces.
    that pretty much sums it up! As always, thanks for the great laugh sdl!

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3846874;
    So the story is that Jake is the church nominated "moral" Bachelor, right?
    - absolutely no proof ever that anyone at his church nominated him
    - he has now been caught in more lies than I can remember
    - he wants to live with this bar room girl without marriage indefinitely
    - he wants to chase her around naked and can't get off of her
    - his passion is lying, I mean flying, but he jumps from show to show
    - so when was the last time Jake actually went to church
    - did he take Vienna, in which case the cross would have fallen off the wall
    - other than sex and stupidity, exactly what are the "values" these 2 share?
    At least he has new shoes for DWTS, the first time I've ever seen him not wearing those zipper lifts. I wonder if someone had to help him tie the laces.
    And...has anyone identified Jake's church? Has anyone taken credit for him?
    Thanks, Sdl, for another specialized chuckle from your direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy's Mom;3846975;
    And...has anyone identified Jake's church? Has anyone taken credit for him?
    Thanks, Sdl, for another specialized chuckle from your direction!
    I don't think any church wants to claim him now.

sdl

Here's my understanding of the Niki West situation, told to me by someone who I think has a pretty good handle on things although I can't swear by the exact dates and intricate details because the conversation went fast:
    Niki West and Jake Pavelka both invested in Prime Star Transportation as business partners. They have known each other for many years.
    The company owns or leases a couple of limos and a couple of party buses.
    They were the only employees of the company, meaning that if you called you probably got Niki or Jake. The email went to the two of them.
    Their business office was Jake's house.
    When they needed drivers, they would contract someone although Jake used to do a lot of the driving (before he was famous).
    Jake held the permits in his name, although Niki was a full partner.
    The company never actually made a profit, but they kept a joint account with enough to cover expenses and necessary payments.
    Last year, Jake had a girlfriend he wanted to impress by taking her to New York in style. He didn't have the money (hadn't been flying, not compensated for the B'ette) so he drained the business account of $4000.
    Niki was furious because he essentially bankrupted them. I'm not sure if she told the tabloids or someone else reported it, but it was bad.
    Jake then told her that he would get money from doing TB and pay it back, which he did. Now that he's on DWTS, money is not a problem.
    So Niki has forgiven him, and she is still running the limo service.

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3845369;
    well, we know he lied when he made one of those statements.... and I choose to believe that he lied when he says that if he wanted her back she'd have been there. IMO he's just trying to save face 'cause everybody thinks he's a fool right about now and he knows it. His edit and his actions are all over the place, nothing rings sincere about him and so he's trying to pretend that he knew what he was doing all along and that the choices were all his... when the truth is IMO that Ali controlled how the season ended just like Graham had control over how Deanna's season ended. (Jake and Deanna are much the same in that they like to have power and control).
    I totally agree with this. Jake's Vienna is DeAnna's Jesse because their F1's both left at F4 and I don't think they cared who was F1 after that. In both cases, the most shocking choice for viewers were F1 per TPTB. I think Jake is lying about choosing Vienna over Ali at the FRC if she had stayed. I imagine after reading that, Ali is giving a sigh of relief about now and is glad she left. Besides that, she's the new Bachelorette.

I also believe that Ali was pegged as the new Bachelorette by MF and therefore did not step in with her employer to let her stay. TPTB could have made it happen if they wanted to. They probably couldn't believe their luck when Ali left.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3846860;
    You know, the inside intel that sdl got early in the season about Jake being the horniest bach since Jesse Palmer is beginning to make more sense now. They said he sent the nice girls home and kept the sleaziest (or something to that effect). He had so many seemingly nice girls, but kept Vienna week after week. Jake's true colors are coming out now.
    I think that horny comment was contained to one person for the most part. I mean who do we think slapped the mud on her breasts? Who was the one that whispered on the LCD while embracing her on the bed how he wishes he could fall asleep in her arms AGAIN. Pinching his behind probably sparked something as well.....

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by romance writer;3845389;
    I don't see Jake making it too far on DWTS....he has no rhythm at all and he's so stiff. And then with the addition of Big Momma Kate....UGH. I live near her and cannot stand her. ABC put a full rehearsal studio in her basement for free. Sickening.
    Kate Gosslin is going to rehearse at her home in NY with Tony Dovolani and fly to LA for the show each week. This is good for Tony as well, because he lives in CT and can be with his family too. I know when Melissa Rycroft was his partner, his wife and oldest daughter flew out to see him every 3 weeks and Tony and Melissa made it to the finale of DWTS and that meant 11 weeks away from home.

It looks like Tony got another dud this season and will be going home early again.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3846562;
    Not sure if I watched the same one, but he did the same thing in the at least two of them I have watched now. One of the comments from Jake was "Well I don't want to stick it to Ali but, she did unfairly instigate ALL of it towards Vienna. Vienna is just an honest person who says what she feels." Vienna's response was she took the high road and was the bigger person in the house. Jake goes on to say being the Bachelorette, Ali will grow and mature into a great person. News flash Jake..it didn't help you!
    Sorry, I've been at work all day, but ya, that's the same interview that I saw, by the sounds of it. I'm starting to see a very dark, cold side to Jake, I've never really cared for him but now he's getting kinda creepy behind that fake smile. I keep going back to him kicking something and having a little fit in that preview....very childish, like Vienna... the only thing is, I think Vienna will eventually "grow up" and mature... but I think Jake will always be very demanding and domineering, pretending to be an "aw, shucks kinda guy" **gag**
    Last edited by northernviewer; 03-03-2010 at 11:24 PM.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3846601;
    Yep sounds like the same one. That's exactly the impression I got as well. If Vienna is taking the high road and being the bigger person, I would think she would apologize to Ali for her part in it as well, but she hasn't. Vienna wasn't innocent in this either.
    I think her daddy must have told her that being a princess means never having to say your sorry
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3847163;
    Sorry, I've been at work all day, but ya, that's the same interview that I saw, by the sounds of it. I'm starting to see a very dark, cole side to Jake, I've never really cared for him but now he's getting kinda creepy behind that fake smile. I keep going back to him kicking something and having a little fit in that preview....very childish, like Vienna... the only thing is, I think Vienna will eventually "grow up" and mature... but I think Jake will always be very demanding and domineering, pretending to be an "aw, shucks kinda guy" **gag**
    Did you see the end of that ET video where he said that his DWTS partner had him in a onesie? Vienna was laughing & threatened to take a pic I guess for public consumption & his facial expressions & voice got stern with her...no way that was going to happen. Got a look at what I thought could be some of that domineering....

Closed Thread