Closed Thread
Page 45 of 544 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

jlccaz posted:
    As I've said, now that it's out there on the WWW which producer this seems to have been, I am siding much more with production, and against Reality Steve / Rozlyn spin that this was not planned, or staged, or manufactured. They would NOT fire that person without ample legal grounds, and would I think sincerely feel their (very good buddy) had betrayed them. Finally, I also think the Seth Rogan fantasy/comparison is dead-on...with the additional fact that she probably thought he could help her professionally.

P.S. The Billy Bush interview is totally worth watching.
    I see what you are saying, but in regards to Chris's comment saying they just wanted to present this with no drama and for it just to go away, why on earth was it aired to begin with? Obviously it is because it made for good ratings, but if they didn't want to make a big deal out of it, then why did they?

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3797552;
    jlccaz posted:

I see what you are saying, but in regards to Chris's comment saying they just wanted to present this with no drama and for it just to go away, why on earth was it aired to begin with? Obviously it is because it made for good ratings, but if they didn't want to make a big deal out of it, then why did they?
    easy - Roz was going to tell her side of the story, so they needed to get their side out first. By ignoring it, it would've looked more suspicious.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3797552;
    jlccaz posted:

Well that part of what Chris says is pure ... cowpie.

They planned and plotted to pump up early season ratings, attempt to build audience for the finale, by exploiting the misconduct.

I'm just saying that I think that production was really irritated and bummed that actual misconduct required firing a friend/buddy because he could not behave himself. (a) He in fact misbehaved, breaching ethics (b) He was doing so in a way that "cheated" on their OTHER friend, his girlfriend on staff, (c) it was disruptive and upsetting at the time.

But of course the "scandal" aspect is great for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3797567;

They planned and plotted to pump up early season ratings, attempt to build audience for the finale, by exploiting the misconduct.

I'm just saying that I think that production was really irritated and bummed that actual misconduct required firing a friend/buddy because he could not behave himself. (a) He in fact misbehaved, breaching ethics (b) He was doing so in a way that "cheated" on their OTHER friend, his girlfriend on staff, (c) it was disruptive and upsetting at the time.

Plus, they already had the footage of Jake giving her the rose from the group date ... they would have had to reshoot that segment, because a rose was up on that date. Why go to the expense of reshooting ... it would have been too odd to have kept Roz on that date for the reshoot, how else could they have handled it? Other than fabricate a story as to why she left after receiving a rose.

People's website has a short write-up on Jake's visit with Ellen.

Bachelor Jake Says He Fell For Multiple Women - PEOPLE TV Watch

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3797567;

I'm sure they could've ignored the whole thing if they really wanted to. But, like you say, an early scandal to suck in viewers is too good to pass up.

However, it's my personal opinion that RC was not fired because of the reasons you suggest. Sure, those reasons could have played some part, but I believe the main reason was that they wouldn't be able to air the scandal if they didn't make RC accountable. It would have seemed very hypocritical for Rozlyn to be ousted if RC wasn't also fired.

It's like the logic that Ashley Elmore gave. She said something like: No one's going to get fired for something small. It had to be some big misconduct that got him fired, ie: something sexual. I think MF was banking on everyone else thinking that too.

I definitely think RC would have violated his contract by developing a flirtatious relationship with Rozlyn, giving abc ample legal grounds to fire him, but did they really have to go through with it if not for ratings?
    "Well, being perfect, I think, what a compliment, golly!" - Jake Pavelka

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;3797583;
    People's website has a short write-up on Jake's visit with Ellen.

Bachelor Jake Says He Fell For Multiple Women - PEOPLE TV Watch
    We're at the point in the season where all the media interviews are leading us to believe that Jake ends up alone, as in pulling a Brad and choosing nobody. Personally, I really hope that doesn't turn out to be the case. I don't care who Jake chooses, whether it lasts, or whether he gets turned down, but I hope he does choose. I don't think Jake is anywhere near tough enough to stand up to the public scrutiny and disdain that Brad had to face for his choice. Jake likes his perfect, nice guy image. And we know at least one of the F4 (Tenley) will be edited as the perfect choice for him. If the majority of TB viewing audience goes against him, he's not going to be able to handle it well. JMHO, of course.

You're right Alex and it does worry me that he is getting a good edit, and so did Brad, but Jake is not a Brad and I really don't think he could take America having him turn down Tenley - Deanna was one thing, Tenley (even though only F2) would be a whole 'nother thing.

Jason took quite a public flogging and it really showed on his face and I'm sure took a toll we'll never know. I'm sure it also took a toll on Brad, but he had a more realistic view than 'nice guys finish last' Jake.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3797618;
    You're right Alex and it does worry me that he is getting a good edit, and so did Brad, but Jake is not a Brad and I really don't think he could take America having him turn down Tenley - Deanna was one thing, Tenley (even though only F2) would be a whole 'nother thing.

Jason took quite a public flogging and it really showed on his face and I'm sure took a toll we'll never know. I'm sure it also took a toll on Brad, but he had a more realistic view than 'nice guys finish last' Jake.
    Well, if he does turn them both down, could Tenley not be an F1 type girl? All RS knows is that Tenley was not chosen. He doesn't know anything about Vienna, so what if Vienna came first and Tenley went second. Its totally plausible and RS wouldn't be totally off since he didn't know anything about Vi.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3797631;
    Well, if he does turn them both down, could Tenley not be an F1 type girl? All RS knows is that Tenley was not chosen. He doesn't know anything about Vienna, so what if Vienna came first and Tenley went second. Its totally plausible and RS wouldn't be totally off since he didn't know anything about Vi.
    With Brad's season it was a surprise when he did not pick anyone. I think Jake is being told to say:

“Did you find someone?” DeGeneres asks him. “Because you are done shooting it, right?”

“Yeah, we finished up a couple of weeks ago,” Pavelka replies. “You know, you don’t have to choose anybody.”

So people think he doesn't. I think he does , but it is not Vienna.

Closed Thread