Closed Thread
Page 2 of 544 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

In the ET video they showed a rose that he hung on the canopy of his bed. I'm curious as to what rose that is. I'm hoping it's not the final rose that he never gave out I can't view the video right now but I'm sure he said "here's the rose".
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3782914;
    In the ET video they showed a rose that he hung on the canopy of his bed. I'm curious as to what rose that is. I'm hoping it's not the final rose that he never gave out I can't view the video right now but I'm sure he said "here's the rose".
    Was it burnt to a crisp? Just teasing.

Yeah, that is interesting. The interviewer didn't ask anything?

I can't see the vid yet, but thanks for the heads up.

Atem -- there was no interviewer. It was only Jake speaking and giving the tour.

Tonight on ABC (8 p.m. EST), the 14th installment of The Bachelor begins with Jake Pavelka in the pilot’s seat. The 31-year-old of Denton, Texas, will blog about On the Wings of Love weekly right here on PEOPLE.com. Keep reading for his first entry:

Well hello there all you Bachelor fans!

First, I want to thank you for sending all of the requests and online votes to make me the new Bachelor! Not to mention the people that have sent me letters with kind words of advice and encouragement. This experience has meant the world and I still can’t believe it actually happened to me. THANK YOU!!!

Now, the one big question I get about the show: Is it real?

Yes, it is very real and it all starts with the casting. The producers really go out of their way. Several meetings with casting, producers and other professionals took place before we started. The crew learned all about my character and temperament to find exactly what I’m looking for in a life partner. We looked at what had worked for me in the past, what had caused past relationships to fail and by the time it was over, they knew me better than I did. The casting department and producers did such a thorough job selecting the women for me that it made ALL the rose ceremonies awful!

Another question I get: Does the show edit and produce all the drama?

You could have 25 Mother Teresas living on top of each other in a house and there would be some sort of drama. Personalities just clash sometimes. It’s healthy human nature, BUT, I can assure you, it causes some pretty rocky situations for me this season! Regarding editing, I feel like everyone last season came across as who they really were. Unfortunately, sometimes when one sees oneself on TV being oneself, it can be a little shocking, but if you would ask any of their peers, 99 times out of a 100 they would say, “Yeah, that’s them alright.” Take David and Wes from The Bachelorette last season — both gentlemen had VERY true and accurate edits.

Well, as I said in the beginning, I’m not going through this to make a television show. I am looking for love. Luckily for you there were lots of cameras around recording my sometimes embarrassing dating habits. LOL!

I would say sit back relax and enjoy the show, but you better put your seatbelt on for this season. It’s going to be a very bumpy ride!

And yes! Flying is still the safest means of transportation.

BE SAFE and have a wonderful New Year! –Jake
    people.com
    Jake Pavelka Blogs The Bachelor on PEOPLE.com! - PEOPLE TV Watch

Chris Harrison on Bachelor's Shocking Scandal: "It Was a Barn Storm" - E! Online

Oh, you clever ABC promo peeps. Despite making it sound like there will be some sort of torrid lesbian affair within the Bachelor house on the new season, that's just not it at all!

In the promo above for tonight's premiere, we are promised a "shocking scandal," with the following tease: "She's been having this sexual affair with somebody else in the Bachelor house."

Weird, right? Who knew these girls were open to sexual encounters while on this show? Ahem.

Multiple sources confirm to me precisely what this so-called "scandal" is, and host Chris Harrison is giving juicy details on it, too...

According to well-placed insiders, the rumors are true that one of the women has an affair with a behind-the-scenes crew member for the series, which leads to serious consequences for both of the guilty parties.

Commingling between onscreen and offscreen players is a huge no-no in the world of reality TV. (Though it has happened twice on MTV's Real World, and I still choke up thinking of David defending his love for casting director Kira in the Seattle season! Sigh.)

Meanwhile, Bachelor rose-counter Chris Harrison just did a radio interview with Valentine on 104.3 MY FM and called the rule-breaking affair "a barn storm. It was a fire."

"It was incredibly unfortunate," Harrison explains. "Horrible decisions were made. This is something that we took very serious, and it's something that we couldn't just sit by...because of things in the past. This was embarrassing for us, for Jake, and for the other women, so we were like, let's nip this in the bud, take care of it, and that's what we did."

Harrison says the "scandal" was uncomfortable for everyone involved. "I'm in the control room, and before I had to go talk to the girl, Jake and then the women, I had lawyers, psychologists, producers, executives telling me, 'These are the words you can say.' It was intense. It was a wild night, and I knew nothing until I got there."

We also talked to the new Bachelor himself, Jake Pavelka, after he met all the girls who are in tonight's episode. What did he really think? Who stands the best chance? What surprised him most? Come back later to Watch With Kristin later to discuss tonight's premiere and to hear from Jake himself.

Is tonight's "shocking scandal" on The Bachelor really all that shocking? Should the producers have left the affair to continue? Comment below...
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

The Bachelor’s Chris Harrison Calls Scandal ‘Incredibly Unfortunate’

The rumors are true. The first relationship to emerge from the new season of The Bachelor, which premieres Monday (8 p.m. EST) on ABC, doesn’t involve its star, Jake Pavelka, at all.

The dating show’s host, Chris Harrison, confirmed on Monday that a male producer had a relationship with one of the female contestants during filming and that ABC had to address the situation on camera in an episode this season.

“It was incredibly unfortunate. Horrible decisions were made,” Harrison told Sean Valentine, the morning radio host at KBIG-FM in Los Angeles. “It was embarrassing for us and in fairness to Jake and for the other women, [we said], ‘Let’s nip this in the bud and take care of it.’ And that’s what we did.”

Harrison didn’t identify the producer or the contestant, nor did he elaborate on the repercussions, though presumably neither party was allowed to continue on the program. Whatever punishment was doled out, it will be addressed on the show. “I felt bad for everybody,” Harrison said. “It was an uncomfortable deal.”

Asked if the pair are still together, Harrison replied: “I don’t know. It’s a good question. Would that count on our tally as one of our couples?” –Tim Nudd
    The Bachelor’s Chris Harrison Calls Scandal ‘Incredibly Unfortunate’ - PEOPLE TV Watch
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

These articles and the girls bio are all I know but I don't think Jake sounds like a man in love...

Pavelka said he was never skeptical of the process, and he never promised the show would go a certain way.

“I think that’s what is going to make the season entertaining,” Pavelka said, laughing. “I’m unpredictable.”
    Isn't him falling in love what is supposed to make it entertaining?!!? I know that we all know better than that but I would think Mr. Fall in Love at the drop of a hat would think the romance and exciting dates would be what makes it entertaining.

Another aspect he liked was that relationships on the show don’t follow the pace of a normal relationship, which he thought had been one of his problems.

Pavelka said he can come on too strong in the beginning of a relationship.
    Um - Jake - you still fell too hard too fast for Jillian....and if this is really true...then how does this mesh with this quote:

For The Bachelor, he said, he had to isolate each of the dates to make each woman feel special.

“You can’t allow yourself to dwell on any of the women because there are so many girls that came there to see you,” Pavelka said.
    Sounds like Jake liked the attention he was getting more than the romance. Also - I think Jake is the type falls hard and falls quick so the fact that a couple of girls didn't jump out at him from the start seems odd to me.

Maybe they told him to say all of this in his interviews to confuse people but this really just doesn't sound like a man in love...

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3782983;
    These articles and the girls bio are all I know but I don't think Jake sounds like a man in love...

Isn't him falling in love what is supposed to make it entertaining?!!? I know that we all know better than that but I would think Mr. Fall in Love at the drop of a hat would think the romance and exciting dates would be what makes it entertaining.

Um - Jake - you still fell too hard too fast for Jillian....and if this is really true...then how does this mesh with this quote:

Sounds like Jake liked the attention he was getting more than the romance. Also - I think Jake is the type falls hard and falls quick so the fact that a couple of girls didn't jump out at him from the start seems odd to me.

Maybe they told him to say all of this in his interviews to confuse people but this really just doesn't sound like a man in love...
    Sounds like Jake has been well versed by TPTB
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Bachelor Host: Scandal Was "Embarrassing for Us"; Movies, TV & Music UsMagazine.com

Despite having hosted The Bachelor for eight years, Chris Harrison says the latest scandal -- that a contestant of the upcoming season had an affair with a show producer -- was one of the most "uncomfortable" he's ever seen.

Find out what your favorite Bachelor stars are up to now

"It was embarrassing for us ... incredibly unfortunate, [and] horrible decisions were made," he said on Valentine in the Morning on 104.3 MY FM Monday. "This is something that we took very seriously and it's something that we couldn't just sit by."

Harrison -- who confirmed that the producer had been fired and the female finalist was kicked off the show -- said that "they found time" to have "relations" while filming last fall.

"With things in the past, we've been like, 'Let's just let the Bachelor or Bachelorette find out for themselves.' We usually tow that line," Harrison said.

Check out more breakdowns and scandals from last year

However, they decided not to let Bachelor Jake Pavelka stay in the dark.

"In fairness to Jake and for the other women, [we decided to] nip this in the bud and take care of it. And that's what we did," he said. "There's train wrecks in this show where I'm like, 'Oh, it's going to be great. Let's let them have it.' But ... I felt bad for everybody, and it was an uncomfortable deal."

Although Harrison normally gets little direction from the control room in handling the show's wilder moments, he said The Bachelor producers were particularly careful.

"This was the rare time that before I had to go talk to the girl, Jake and then the women, I had lawyers, psychologists, producers, executives saying, 'Okay, these are the words you can say,'" he said. "It was intense. It was a wild night."

See some of 2009's biggest star splits

So, did the unnamed producer get caught or come forward?

"It was a little bit of both -- then he came forward," he said. "Eventually, stepped up to the plate, and we were like, 'Well, okay.' There was a barn storm. There was a fire!"

Harrison said he didn't know if the two were still together.

"Would that count on our tally as one of our couples?" he joked.

The two-hour season premiere of The Bachelor airs tonight on ABC.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl;3783001;
    Bachelor Host: Scandal Was "Embarrassing for Us"; Movies, TV & Music UsMagazine.com

Despite having hosted The Bachelor for eight years, Chris Harrison says the latest scandal -- that a contestant of the upcoming season had an affair with a show producer -- was one of the most "uncomfortable" he's ever seen.

Find out what your favorite Bachelor stars are up to now

"It was embarrassing for us ... incredibly unfortunate, [and] horrible decisions were made," he said on Valentine in the Morning on 104.3 MY FM Monday. "This is something that we took very seriously and it's something that we couldn't just sit by."

Harrison -- who confirmed that the producer had been fired and the female finalist was kicked off the show -- said that "they found time" to have "relations" while filming last fall.

"With things in the past, we've been like, 'Let's just let the Bachelor or Bachelorette find out for themselves.' We usually tow that line," Harrison said.

Check out more breakdowns and scandals from last year

However, they decided not to let Bachelor Jake Pavelka stay in the dark.

"In fairness to Jake and for the other women, [we decided to] nip this in the bud and take care of it. And that's what we did," he said. "There's train wrecks in this show where I'm like, 'Oh, it's going to be great. Let's let them have it.' But ... I felt bad for everybody, and it was an uncomfortable deal."

Although Harrison normally gets little direction from the control room in handling the show's wilder moments, he said The Bachelor producers were particularly careful.

"This was the rare time that before I had to go talk to the girl, Jake and then the women, I had lawyers, psychologists, producers, executives saying, 'Okay, these are the words you can say,'" he said. "It was intense. It was a wild night."

See some of 2009's biggest star splits

So, did the unnamed producer get caught or come forward?

"It was a little bit of both -- then he came forward," he said. "Eventually, stepped up to the plate, and we were like, 'Well, okay.' There was a barn storm. There was a fire!"

Harrison said he didn't know if the two were still together.

"Would that count on our tally as one of our couples?" he joked.

The two-hour season premiere of The Bachelor airs tonight on ABC.
    He had to talk to lawyers and psychologists?! Oh, brother.

Closed Thread