Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

Jason is the only other person to have claimed (through the media) that he had fallen in love with two women. During the airing of the shows we always hear that the lead has fallen for more than one person - having a hard time deciding/cutting. But we've heard post show that the decisions weren't that hard and they knew who their F1 was early on or by the FDs.

Jake is falling into his own category by stating at this point in the media circus tha he fell in love with many women.

What will be most interesting is how his comments will change once the FRC airs.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3813290;
    More poll results. I am suprised that Ali is winning all the polls with her edit but I love it. Casual viewers must still really love her

Team Ali - we totally don't understand Vienna being around this long, either.
    69% (165 votes)

Team Vienna - only because Ali is losing her mind!
    12% (28 votes)

Team Nobody - neither girl deserves Jake!
    16% (39 votes)

Team Who Cares?!
    3% (8 votes)

Total votes: 240
    Avid FORT viewers love her too!
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Well, of the two choices that were given I'd choose Ali over Vienna too.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3813339;
    Well, of the two choices that were given I'd choose Ali over Vienna too.

Yep, the poll question was loaded/slanted to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3812665;
    If you listen to the Ella interview with the media, in audio, and not just read the transcript... you can see that she struggled with giving a one word answer to the Grapevine interviewer when he asked about the remaining five women. She actually took a very long time to come up with a word to describe Ali, and when she did all she could come up with was 'cute'. Well of course she is cute, if you take her personality (or the one they are showing us) out of the equation. JMO She also said "misunderstood" for Vienna and immediately followed that up with "I liked her". Elizabeth said the same thing in the pool during the very first Vienna bashing on screen.

Sometimes we get snippets from interviews that don't mesh with the edit. That's my point for this post.

eta: the audio is available at tv grapevine at the bottom of the Ella interview. Its 30 minutes though.
    I think the exit interviews are different than the later media interviews, perhaps, because they take place just after the B'ette has been essentially kicked to the curb, the experiences in the house are still fresh and immediate, and they are still immersed in the Bachelor Bizarro World of isolation, competition, and fantasy. After these girls get back home, to the real world, often they are able to view things a little more rationally and with a little more perspective. I think that's why you might see some intense feelings being expressed in the exit interview, but then a more reflective and perhaps mellower view expressed later on.

And when they've been kicked they're still soaked in booze. but seriously, the sting of rejection is still raw (whether or not you really liked or knew the guy) and they're egged on to cry and say things they probably normally wouldnt.

I know I'm probably a day late & a dollar short, like usual, but I just saw something very interesting:

While I was watching TV tonight, either Desperate Housewives or Brothers & Sisters, there was a commercial on for The Bachelor. It showed Corrie telling Jake that she's a virgin & portrayed her as sweet & pure, then it switched to Vienna. She was portrayed as evil & manipulative. It was VERY negative toward Vienna. Nothing remotely positive.
    Vienna's representation wasn't at all what we'd expect for the final 1.

What's going on here? Vienna has been spoiled as the F1, but TPTB are obviously throwing her to the wolves. To me that says one of 2 things:
    Either Vienna makes it to the very end, but Jake rejects her too & picks no one;
    Or Jake picks her & regretted it almost immediately & the fallout will happen at the ATFR.

Anyone else see this? Any opinions?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Can anyone confirm this for me please ?

From this weeks preview ...Does Jake say "I'm falling for you" to both Gia and Vienna ?

Thats 2 down 2 to go lol.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Everyone keeps talking about this sneak peek where Vienna becomes the vixen... Can someone please post a link because I tried to get it off ABC but it says that it's no longer available.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3813801;
    Everyone keeps talking about this sneak peek where Vienna becomes the vixen... Can someone please post a link because I tried to get it off ABC but it says that it's no longer available.
    They are playing games! They threw it out there for a teaser, and now they are withdrawing it. They do that with the clips that we see during the commercials but that never actually make it into the show itself - a great example would be the 2-1 situation where on the preview clip we see Jake get upset and say he isn't sending anybody home, and he walks out the door. Why do they show us that and not put it into the show? It then becomes up to the individual's interpretation.
    My interpretation was that he made that decision, and the producers told him, "Oh yes you will get cut one of them." At that point, they had Chris Harrison smooth the way with the questions concerning whether Jake could see either one of the women as his wife, etc. He might have even helped Jake see how Ella was staying away from her son, which might account for a production person overhearing and sharing that piece with Reality Steve.
    Just my take....
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Closed Thread