Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

'The Bachelor's' Gia grew up on Staten Island
    STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- We knew something sounded familiar about Gia Allemand, the brunette bombshell finalist on ABC's "The Bachelor."

According to the program, the 26-year-old swimsuit model is a Manhattan gal.

Turns out she grew up on Staten Island, reports the Trentonian, a daily newspaper serving Trenton, N.J., and the surrounding Mercer County.

OK, we scoured the Advance archives hoping to find a nerdy photo of the beauty — in Monday’s episode she claimed she was a geeky kid. But alas, the Maxim and Sports Illustrated model appears to have never graced the pages of the Advance — in braces or otherwise.

Allemand is one of five women who, as of Monday, were still in the running to become the wife of man-chop Jake Pavelka, a pilot who may be the most vanilla bachelor the embattled series has ever featured. The 14th edition of the show has been attacked for scripting its “most dramatic season ever,” bad edits, and extreme hype.

In any case, Gia, who played hide-and-seek in stilettos in a California vineyard with Pavelka in the last episode, seems refreshingly normal — despite rocking a body fit for a centerfold.
    'The Bachelor's' Gia grew up on Staten Island | Staten Island Entertainment - TV & Film - - SILive.com

Leave it to the SI Advance to have ZERO information in the article...

Quote Originally Posted by riano27;3812839;
    'The Bachelor's' Gia grew up on Staten Island | Staten Island Entertainment - TV & Film - - SILive.com

Well, they were looking in the wrong place! They thought she was from another part of NY thanks to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by riano27;3812839;

That explains the source mentioning NJ. Staten Island, although a borough of NYC, is geographically a lot closer to NJ than NY, and coincidentally further away from NYC than Weehawken is.

Allemand is one of five women who, as of Monday, were still in the running to become the wife of man-chop Jake Pavelka, a pilot who may be the most vanilla bachelor the embattled series has ever featured. The 14th edition of the show has been attacked for scripting its “most dramatic season ever,” bad edits, and extreme hype

Ouch. . ABC. . I hope you read this review of this season of your Bachelor franchise!
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3812638;

Well, as a male and a fellow viewer:

Yes, if I was in Jake's shoes, it would bug the h.ll out of me if Ali did that. Not so much because it is "my show" but because it shows that she is in it to win, not because of any feelings towards me. I would also feel it very condescending if she felt I was not bright enough to see it for myself (whether Jake is, remains to be seen ).

Most of all, I don't like ultimatums, and Ali seems to be working herself towards that stage. Cute or not, that would probably be the kiss of death for her.
    But as it turns out, he isn't bright enough to see it for himself. She is showing him one side of herself and showing the girls the less pleasant side. I don't doubt that they edit to skew opinions, but she has behaved in certain ways and said certain things that speak plainly for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3811114;
    Yeah, I read that too. I took 'chooses' to mean she's the last one standing, but we don't know if that means they're dating long distance, moving in together, engaged, married, or pen pals. I don't think RS knows either. In his first big reveal of this season he specifically said he knew Tenley was turned down at F2, and Vienna was the last woman standing, but didn't know anything after that. But that if he found out anything specific about Vienna and how the FRC ended, he would let us know. I think if he had found out anything definite about Vienna, he would have made more of a big deal about it in his most recent blog. He does love his scoops.

RS is getting a little sloppy. He 'misinterpreted' his source's info about Ella. Maybe he just 'mis-worded' this last tidbit about Vienna? IDK, I guess it's open to interpretation.
    What I want to know is if Jake chose Vienna and everything is hunky dory, why is he saying in interviews "I am the only one who has to live with how the show ends" and "I just hope America understands." He's talks like he's apologizing for his decision. That doesn't sound like a happy guy in love with his choice. Sadly, I think our boy has a few regrets. Also, if I was in a blissful relationship, I wouldn't be telling the world that I fell in love with four women. I don't think V or any woman would want to hear that.

More poll results. I am suprised that Ali is winning all the polls with her edit but I love it. Casual viewers must still really love her

Team Ali - we totally don't understand Vienna being around this long, either.
    69% (165 votes)

Team Vienna - only because Ali is losing her mind!
    12% (28 votes)

Team Nobody - neither girl deserves Jake!
    16% (39 votes)

Team Who Cares?!
    3% (8 votes)
    Total votes: 240
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3813290;
    More poll results. I am suprised that Ali is winning all the polls with her edit but I love it. Casual viewers must still really love her

Team Ali - we totally don't understand Vienna being around this long, either.
    69% (165 votes)

Team Vienna - only because Ali is losing her mind!
    12% (28 votes)

Team Nobody - neither girl deserves Jake!
    16% (39 votes)

Team Who Cares?!
    3% (8 votes)
    Total votes: 240
    I'll bet that some viewers are rooting Ali on for going on and on about Vienna being there and how she should be gone.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3813281;
    What I want to know is if Jake chose Vienna and everything is hunky dory, why is he saying in interviews "I am the only one who has to live with how the show ends" and "I just hope America understands." He's talks like he's apologizing for his decision. That doesn't sound like a happy guy in love with his choice. Sadly, I think our boy has a few regrets. Also, if I was in a blissful relationship, I wouldn't be telling the world that I fell in love with four women. I don't think V or any woman would want to hear that.
    The fact that Jake is making comments that could lead someone to believe he didn't pick anyone or that he is not happy makes believe he DOES pick someone. The canned responses given to him of "you don't have to pick anyone you know" would never be allowed if he didn't pick someone.

With this show you pretty much have to almost go with the OPPOSITE of what is being said.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3813281;
    This is typical post-show "Bachelorese" - part of the script, if you will. Just like the PI's during the show when the Bachelor/ette says they are falling in love with more than one person. Also, it kind of goes along with the "good guy" thing Jake has going...sort of a "let them down easy" by saying he fell hard for more than one girl.

Closed Thread