Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3812549;
    See, I don't think jake's that great at acting. If Jake were happy and in love, and in love with his final choice, I bet my bottom dollar, we'd see it. One way or another. Either he'd be professing it, or you'd be able to see it in his eyes, expressions, giggles, and choice of words. I think Jake-in-love would be like a giddy schoolgirl.
    His eyes give it all away. If votes were taken wonder what % of viewers see Jake and Vienna as the next Jason/Molly or Jillian/Ed? Reading the posts here it seems to be less than 10%.
    Last edited by seeker; 01-29-2010 at 09:52 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3812566;
    IA dodie, and I just don't see the happiness, the excitement one would feel if they are truly happy.

I'm so far behind on posts, can someone tell me if the interview with CH and Jake is in this thread? If not I'll borrower it from Dreamer on JU and post it here. That vid is the first time that I'm thinking he chooses no one, or he knows the edit for Vienna is so bad, and that's why he says he doesn't think people will understand his decision.
    Unlike previous seasons this time around many girls esp. the front runners warned him about Vienna. He rejected it time and again. If Ali gives him the talking to she thought he deserved in the next episode after he gave Vienna a rose last week, why did he send Corrie home first? There is more head-scratching this season in confusion at the edit.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3812567;
    His eyes give it all away. Where is the sparkle? If votes were taken wonder what % of viewers see Jake and Vienna as the next Jason/Molly or Jillian/Ed? Reading the posts here it seems to be less than 10%.
    exactly even the way he acted with Jillian last season is more than we have got from his post show interviews. I just dont get the feeling he is in love Jillian acted coy in her interviews last season but you could still tell that she chose someone.
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE JANUARY 28 "THE BACHELOR" TELECONFERENCE WITH ELIMINATED BACHELORETTE ELLA NOLAN

"The Bachelor" airs this MONDAY, FEBRUARY 1 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Cathy Rehl: Hi, everybody. A couple of things, first of all, today we have Ella Nolan, N-o-l-a-n, she's on the phone from Knoxville, Tennessee. I know the release says she is a hair stylist, but she's also a real estate agent, and most importantly, a single mom, and as most of you know from watching the show.

Your first question comes from the line of Paulette Cohn from ET Online.

Paulette Cohn: Good morning, Ella.

Ella Nolan: Good morning, how are you?

Paulette Cohn: I'm good, I'm good. You know, on your one-on-one date, you guys really seemed to have a connection, and he really seemed to like your son. But do you think that the fact that you are a single mom had something to do with his decision not to give you the rose on that two-on-one date?

Ella Nolan: You know, I think that Jake was fantastic with my son, and they really hit it off, they really developed a bond, because they both enjoy flying and, you know, being a pilot - my son wants to be a pilot. So they really bonded.

I think that bringing my son out on our first one-on-one date, as great that that was for me to see him with my son, it was also kind of a double-edged sword, because we didn't get to build a romantic connection. I mean he got to see the side of me that none of the other women could really give him, but then again, it didn't help us build a romantic connection.

Paulette Cohn: OK. And, you know, just my opinion, but I sort of thought maybe Jake sent Jessie home this week because she was talking to him about Vienna. What do you think it is with him and Vienna that he - I mean it seems to me like if eight other women tell you something, you might want to believe it.

Ella Nolan: Well, you know, the show is - I mean ultimately his decision, and what he sees out of Vienna, you know, none of the rest of us girls were there, you know, on their date, or when they are alone. So she's different when she's with him than she was in the house with us. So, you know, I can see him not just taking the girls' word for it when he's not really seeing it on his own. So I don't - I don't know.

Paulette Cohn: OK, thank you.

Ella Nolan: You're welcome.

Operator: Your next question comes from Al Mellis from TVGrapevine.com.

Al Mellis: Hi, Ella, how you doing today?

Ella Nolan: I'm great, how are you?

Al Mellis: Oh, I'm doing just fine. Nice to talk to you. I want to congratulate you on your wonderful showing on "The Bachelor".

Ella Nolan: Al, thank you so much.

Al Mellis: Yes, you did a good job. Question for you. Children could always be kind of amazing as they age and get a little older. How do you think your son's going to tease you 15 years from now when he looks back at this?

Ella Nolan: You know, that is a question that I have not been asked. I don't know, right now he thinks that I am coolest mom in the world, because, you know, at his school he is the most popular kid, everyone asking him questions. So I think that he is going to be very proud of me and the way that I portrayed myself on the show, and everything that's going to come from it, because, you know, I just - I placed my life and his life in God's hands, so He put us in this position for a reason. And I think that he is going to be very proud of his mother.

Al Mellis: OK. Now this by far must be the most fractious season of "The Bachelor" probably ever. How did it feel to you in the house?

Ella Nolan: To me, I loved all of the women, I mean the women - we were all from different walks of life, different parts of America, so everyone's going to be different, the way that they've been brought up. And everyone, you know, came with their own attitude and their own way of thinking. So it was - it was a nice mixture of women.

I - you know -- I didn't see it as a competition, so I didn't get catty or, you know, jealous of any of the other women, so I got along with everyone, and I mean honestly, I didn't - I didn't really see that there was that much drama, because I kind of stayed out of it, I knew that there was a - you know -- a couple of them that kind of didn't get along all the time. But, you know, I kind of stayed out of it.

Al Mellis: Good for you.

Ella Nolan: Thanks.

Al Mellis: I'll let somebody else take a turn, it's been an absolute pleasure talking to you, dear.

Ella Nolan: Thank you so much.

Operator: Your next question comes from Rachel Maresca from "Life & Style Weekly."

Rachel Maresca: Hi, Ella, how are you?

Ella Nolan: I'm great. How are you?

Rachel Maresca: Thanks for taking the time to talk. OK, my first question for you is can you - I know Jake has had a nickname from high school - high school called Mr. Dateless. So I'm just wondering, can you believe that he was dateless in high school after you've gotten to know him from the show?

Ella Nolan: You know, the time that I spent with Jake, I could see that he was probably very shy in high school, because there was times that I think that he got a little overwhelmed.

Rachel Maresca: Right.

Ella Nolan: You know, I mean most men would with a houseful of, you know, beautiful women that was all looking at him, you know ...

Ella Nolan: ... waiting for his attention. So I could see - I could see him being (inaudible), I mean dateless, I don't know about dateless, I mean because he is a cutie pie. But I could see him not really approaching, you know, women and being the go-getter when it comes to women.

Rachel Maresca: But you feel like he's broken out of his shell?

Ella Nolan: I do, I feel like he has, I think that, you know, that the show and him, you know, realizing that he is a very good looking man, and that women desire him, I think that that's made him kind of break out of his shell a little bit, yes.

Rachel Maresca: Right. Do you feel like he's falling in love with more than one person on the show?

Ella Nolan: Well, it's really early in the show to kind of say in my opinion. I ...

Ella Nolan: ... think that he is having some strong connections with some of the women, I mean from what I see.

Ella Nolan: And I think that in the beginning, that it's - it starts off maybe a crush, or even lust, and then it develops into something else. So it's going to be interesting for me to watch to see, you know, how strong his feelings go for some of the other women.

Rachel Maresca: OK, thank you very much.

Ella Nolan: Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from Charlotte Underwood from LaFollette Press.

Charlotte Underwood: Hi, Ella. How are you?

Ella Nolan: I'm good. How are you?

Charlotte Underwood: I'm doing good. Of course it's LaFollette Press, but I'm very sure that you already know that.

Ella Nolan: Yes.

Charlotte Underwood: My question for you is would you do it again even knowing the outcome?

Ella Nolan: Oh, absolutely. I have no regrets whatsoever. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. And I would absolutely do it again, I mean the women that I met were incredible, I mean Jake was incredible, the staff, everyone that I came in contact with was just fabulous. And, you know, God put me in that position for a reason, and I would absolutely do it again, yes.

Charlotte Underwood: Great. Now, my other question for you is, what are your plans now, what's going on in your life right now?

Ella Nolan: My plans are, wow, to just - to use the position that God has put me in to try to, you know, touch someone's life positively. I am really big about women being confident in who they are, and not comparing themselves with other women, and not thinking that they are good enough or pretty enough. So, you know, I plan on maybe speaking to, you know, maybe the high school kids, or starting something up with battered women shelters, and trying to build up just self confidence in women, inspire them.

Charlotte Underwood: That is wonderful. And if you - if you do that, I know that back here in Campbell County, all these schools would love to have you speak. And if you do that ...

Charlotte Underwood: ... make sure and give the press a holler, because I'd love to come out and get to listen to you speak as well. Thank you for speaking with me, Ella.

Operator: Your next question comes from James Dinan from CNN.com.

James Dinan: Hi, good afternoon, Ella.

Ella Nolan: Hello. How are you?

James Dinan: Pretty good. Kind of two questions for you. First, are you disappointed or upset that your son had an opportunity to meet Jake, and now nothing - it really doesn't amount to anything now that you've been eliminated?

Ella Nolan: You know, I go back and forth on that, really. Because I'm glad that he had the experience, and I'm glad that he did get to meet Jake, because Jake is a fantastic guy, I really do believe that. The hard part was, you know, after leaving the show, coming back and my son thinking that I was just coming in to spend some time with him, and going back out to the show. And it was kind of difficult to explain to him that he's probably more than likely not going to be able to see Jake again, because he really - you know, it wasn't a TV show to him, it was real life, a little boy meeting a pilot, and them developing a bond together.

So it was - he was disappointed that he wasn't going to be able to spend any more time with him. So as much as it was great for my son to be there and spend time with him, and just see how Jake interacted with him, it was - it was hard to come back and tell him that it didn't really work out.

James Dinan: Are there any regrets having to leave your son for a time for the opportunity to appear on the show?

Ella Nolan: No, there's no regrets, I have no regrets whatsoever about doing the show, or anything that I said or that I did. It was hard, you know, to be out there, especially around my birthday, and having to call my son and him wish me happy birthday over the phone, I've never had to do that. But if I did not think that Jake was worth it, then I would have never put myself in that position, so I don't regret it at all.

James Dinan: OK, thank you very much.

Ella Nolan: You're welcome.

Operator: Your next question comes from Rachel Morgan from "Us Weekly".

Rachel Morgan: Hi, Ella, how are you?

Ella Nolan: I'm great, how are you?

Rachel Morgan: Good. I was wondering on Jake's decision to let the extra women go, how shocked were you, or not shocked at all?

Ella Nolan: I was very shocked, I mean the night that I left, I was sure that he was going to give Kathryn the rose, because she was (inaudible), so you know, when I saw that he let her go also, that was a pretty big shock to me. But then I didn't think that they had really had enough time to kind of develop a bond either. So it was kind of a shock to me for him to choose her over me at first. And then, you know, watching it and seeing him let Jessie and Ashleigh go, I kind of expected Jessie, because, you know, talking with her, I really didn't think that they had had a chance to make a bond either. But I thought that he had a great connection with Ashleigh, so to see him let her go that early over Corrie, you know, I mean I love Corrie to death, but I just - I didn't think that they had a connection that I had saw, so that was a big shock to me.

Rachel Morgan: OK, thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from Derek Santos from Reality TV World.

Derek Santos: Hey, Ella.

Ella Nolan: Hello.

Derek Santos: The show has shown Vienna doing some annoying things, but it really hasn't shown her doing anything that would seem to generate such open contempt from the other women. I was wondering, can you explain exactly why she was disliked so much? There has to be more that's been going on, right?

Ella Nolan: Well, I mean like I said, there is - all the women there are so different, and they come from all different, you know, backgrounds and walks of life. And to put 15 women in a house, and we're all there really to meet one man and to fall in love with one man, you're going to have women that see it as a competition, and you're going to have women that don't get along with each other. And Vienna, you know, she's one of the women that if she thinks a certain way, or if she feels a certain way, she just - she comes out and says it, she doesn't really think about, you know, what she says too much before she - or she - it just - it comes out.

So I think it kind of rubbed some of the women the wrong way, but then she would apologize for it later, and kind of back up what she said. But I liked her myself.

Derek Santos: OK. And just to (inaudible), when did you actually learn that Jake had also eliminated Kathryn? Was it - watching the episode, or were you already aware of it?

Ella Nolan: No, I wasn't, just watching the episode and, you know, seeing it that - the first time myself was, you know, watching it. So I was pretty shocked.

Derek Santos: OK, great. Thank you.

Operator: Your next question is from Monica Garske from (Flash) News.

Monica Garske: Hi, Ella, thanks for your time.

Monica Garske: So a little bit earlier, you touched on how Ethan felt, you know, after you came back from the show and everything, can you just tell us maybe, you know, his reaction, like what he said to you, you know, when you came home?

Ella Nolan: He just - he asked me , you know, when I was flying back out, and when I told him that I wasn't. Then he asked me if the show was over, and I said no. And he asked me, you know, when he was going to be able to meet up with Jake again, or see Jake again, and I told him that I didn't think that he really was going to get to. So that's when he was a little bit, you know, he was let down, he was - he was disappointed, because he liked him.

Monica Garske: OK. And did you have, you know, lots to do when you got back home? I know you were gone for a while, so what were some of the first things you did when you got back home?

Ella Nolan: The first thing that I did was surprise my son at his school and ate lunch with him. Yes.

Monica Garske: I like that.

Ella Nolan: Yes. Thank you.

Monica Garske: Great, thanks so much, Ella.

Operator: Your next question is from Al Mellis from TVGrapevine.com.

Al Mellis: Ella, how you doing?

Ella Nolan: I'm wonderful. How are you?

Al Mellis: Pretty good. I get to - I get to do this very old fashioned thing with you. There's five people - there's five people left on the show, I'm going to give you each of their names, one at a time ...

Ella Nolan: OK.

Al Mellis: ... and I want you to give me one word when you hear the name. Can you do that?

Al Mellis: Ali?

Ella Nolan: Cute.

Al Mellis: OK. Vienna?

Ella Nolan: Wow, this is harder than I thought it would be. I'm going to have to think about that one, give me another one.

Al Mellis: OK. Gia?

Ella Nolan: Sweet.

Al Mellis: Freak, OK.

Ella Nolan: Sweet, yes.

Al Mellis: OK.

Cathy Rehl: Sweet.

Al Mellis: Sweet, OK, we ...

Cathy Rehl: Yes.

Al Mellis: ... got that.

Cathy Rehl: OK.

Al Mellis: Tenley?

Ella Nolan: Happy, all the time.

Al Mellis: And Corrie?

Ella Nolan: Funny.

Al Mellis: Funny?

Al Mellis: Now back to Vienna.

Ella Nolan: Misunderstood.

Al Mellis: Misunderstood, that's fair. Now we're going to - we're heading towards the home town dates, I know that you don't know who gets any of the home town dates. So who would you guess might not get a home town date?

Ella Nolan: I don't think that Corrie will be getting a home town date, I don't think that they've spent enough time together for her to make it to that point. I think that it's going to be Ali, Tenley, Gia and Vienna.

Al Mellis: Well, thank you. That gives ...

Al Mellis: ... us something to think about for a couple of days.

Al Mellis: OK, you have a nice day, dear.

Ella Nolan: All right, you too.

Operator: Once again, I would like to remind everyone, if you would like to ask a question, please press star then the number one. Your next question comes from Amanda Hamilton from Examiner.com.

Amanda Hamilton: Hi, Ella, thank you so much for doing this call.

Ella Nolan: Oh, you're welcome, thank you.

Amanda Hamilton: Was there any moment - I have to admit, I was pretty shocked that he didn't - that Jake sent you home. Was there any moment during your two-on-one date, or even during that last conversation that you thought I think maybe he's going to - he's going to let me go tonight?

Ella Nolan: Well I think that a woman always - I think that she knows deep down whether there's a connection that's strong enough or not. And there was - there was times that I thought that our connection was very strong, and then there was times that I didn't. So I wasn't really shocked when he asked me to, you know, to go outside, I knew that it would be the time that I was leaving. I was shocked that I was going home at that time, and that we didn't have another date to kind of see how we - how we interacted on our own by ourselves, and develop a romantic connection.

So I was a little bit disappointed that we didn't have more time to develop the romantic side.

Amanda Hamilton: And now I loved you from the beginning, and you were one of ...

Ella Nolan: Oh, thank you.

Amanda Hamilton: ... I kind of picked that I thought would go a little further. And I think a lot of other people really liked you and related to you. If you were asked to be on the next "Bachelorette", would you be interested in it?

Ella Nolan: You know, Ellen Degeneres asked me the same thing, and or she said that she thought that I should be the next "Bachelorette", and it just - it got me thinking, you know, would I do it or would I not? And as long as, you know, I mean I would have to talk to the producers and work everything out, because I do have a son, and he comes first in my life. So I would have to make sure that, you know, that he was included with me, not as in meeting, you know, the men until it got down to maybe the last two would I bring him into their lives. But it would be something that I would consider, and that I would really have to think about and pray about to make the final decision.

Amanda Hamilton: Well, I'm definitely voting yes on that as well.

Ella Nolan: Oh, thank you so much.

Amanda Hamilton: And then my last question is you mentioned a couple of minutes ago that you thought Corrie maybe wouldn't be making it to the home town dates. But which of the remaining women do you see really sitting with Jake and perhaps having a committed relationship and making a life with him?

Ella Nolan: Well, like I said, I really - and I'm not just saying this, I love all of the women, I really, really did. I think that him and Tenley, they - I know that they have a lot in common just by, you know, talking to her about the things that they would talk about. And when he was on his date with Ali, he really, really made a strong connection with her, because it was the first one-on-one date. So I think that they would make a really good couple.

But then, you know, him with Gia is really cute too. So I could see him with either of those women, and it going somewhere. As far as being a Jake grow old with one of them, I think that his best bet would probably be with Tenley.

Amanda Hamilton: Great, thank you so much, and have a great afternoon.

Ella Nolan: Oh, you too, thank you so much.

Operator: Your next question comes from Lara Martin from Digital Spy.

Lara Martin: Hey, Ella, it's great to talk to you, thanks for doing the call.

Ella Nolan: Oh, thank you.

Lara Martin: I was just curious, are you dating again, I mean have you been dating since the show?

Ella Nolan: You know, I am - I'm just really focused on my son, and work right now, and then if God sends someone into my life, then that's great. And, you know, if He doesn't, then that's OK too. Because I'm happy, and I'm just kind of waiting to see, you know, what does come out of this. I don't want someone to just try to get to know me because I was on a TV show, so I really, really have to watch, you know, who I - who I meet and who I - who I get close to, because, you know, that's just - that's fake to me. And I don't - I'm a real person, I don't want that in my life.

Lara Martin: And to my other question was how different was it being in the RVs and on the road trip as to being in the mansion?

Ella Nolan: That was fantastic. I was so ready to get out of that house, because I mean I wasn't one of the girls that got to go on a lot of the group dates. So, you know, I was starting to get cabin fever, and to get - you know -- to go on the road and be in the RVs was fantastic for me, I got to see the whole coast of California, and I had never - I'd never saw that part of the country, and I was just fascinated. So that was - that was one of the main highlights to me doing that.

Lara Martin: Great, thank you.

Operator: Your next question is from Derek Santos from Reality TV World.

Derek Santos: Hi, Ella.

Ella Nolan: Hey. How are you?

Derek Santos: I'm fine, thanks. I was just wondering, what was your take on the Rozlyn situation, were you one of the women who sort of believed there was something going on?

Ella Nolan: First of all, I have to say that I really think that Rozlyn is a good person. You know, I knew that she was a mom, we had spoke about her being a mom, she had told me about her son, I told her about mine. And I really did not see a lot with her and the producer. You know, I saw them being very friendly with each other, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, I have to say. So no, I wasn't one that, you know, went to the producers.

Derek Santos: So, I guess if you had to come up with one word for her, what would that be? I mean is it the same misunderstood as Vienna, or?

Ella Nolan: You know, I don't know, I don't think that I could come up with just one word. I think ...

Derek Santos: OK.

Ella Nolan: ... that she is - I think that she's a great person, I think that she - she's dealing with a lot right now, and I would not want to be in her shoes.

Derek Santos: OK, great. Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from James Dinan from CNN.com.

James Dinan: Hello, again. Just wanted ...

Ella Nolan: Hello.

James Dinan: ... to - hello, just wanted to ask you about, you know, what would you recommend to potential bachelors and bachelorettes down the line who will be interested in the - in doing the show, what would you recommend for them to be considered for to be bachelor or bachelorette material?

Ella Nolan: To put yourself in that position, I mean is a huge, huge step. And it's not something to take lightly, you know. I wasn't on there to play any games, I mean I - you know -- I left my son here with his father, with his absolutely, incredible father. But I still left, you know, my life here. And to do that, you have to leave your life behind, and you really need to make sure that you are ready for the commitment in the end. And if you do not know that 100 percent, then it's not something for you, I really don't think, I mean it's not - it's not something to just go on there and fuss and fight with women and go on dates and get to travel and be on TV, I mean I didn't see it as that. And I think that if you're going to apply for the show, you need to do it with the right intentions.

James Dinan: OK, thank you very much.

Operator: And you have a follow-up from Al Mellis from TVGrapevine.com.

Al Mellis: I got a - this question just dawned on me. If you were one of the ladies towards the end of the show that was getting a date where you were going to be offered an overnight card with the Bachelor, considering your values, and you've expressed them quite openly, how would you have handled that?

Ella Nolan: You know, I've thought about that many times whenever I was on the show, what would I - what would I have done? I would have accepted the overnight date on the condition that I would have made it very clear this is not a time for us to be intimate with each other, because that needs to be after you have made your final decision. This is a time for us to spend time together with no cameras, no mikes, and just be real, and be, you know, we can play, you know, cards, or we can, you know, talk and just get to know each other.

But I think that that is very important to accept the card, because that's when you - when it becomes real, and that's how it's going to be after the show ends. And if you can't be real with one another behind closed doors, then there's no way that you're going to be, you know, in a long-term relationship if you can't feel comfortable. So, I think that it's great to have that opportunity.

Al Mellis: Awesome, great answer.

Operator: And I'm showing there are no further questions at this time.

Cathy Rehl: Well, everybody, thank you very much for your time today, we appreciate it, and, hopefully, we will be able to have someone next week for you to talk to. A couple of things that I did want to remind you about, first of all, we put out a release or another area put out a release earlier this week that there is expert commentary up on our ABC.com site with, this time it's with Jake. It's the episode they just aired on Monday. And if you click there on the left-hand side, you will see his commentary going during the - during the actual playback of the episode, so that's something that I think you might enjoy.

Also, we are about - and many of you know this, but we are about to put out a release that we will be covering the wedding of Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney, our first Bachelor to walk down the aisle, and that will air on March 8th. And the release that will come out will have all the details we have at the moment.

Ella Nolan: And thank you all so, so much, your questions were fantastic, thank you.
    Thanks Dreamer!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3811895;
    I wonder if it's because there was no love story this season. I felt that during Jill's season, you were able to see the love story between Ed and Jill if you were looking for it and also with Jason and Molly. My opinion only of course.

This seasons' edits are just so different...it makes you wonder!
    But the boards were not looking at the love story between either couple that was the final couple. There was a lot of the same that is going on now, analysis or criticism of what is being shown.

I have read comments in between a lot of negativity that is looking at a love story or the possibility of one. That was true last season. But on the whole, the edit given Vienna does make one wonder if he really chooses her in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3812567;
    His eyes give it all away. If votes were taken wonder what % of viewers see Jake and Vienna as the next Jason/Molly or Jillian/Ed? Reading the posts here it seems to be less than 10%.
    It was less than 10% support when the Jason & Molly's story broke. In about a month we will be watching their wedding on TV.

Ultimately what should matter to Jake and Vienna is their relationship not what % of the viewers support their relationship based on an edited tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3812549;
    See, I don't think jake's that great at acting. If Jake were happy and in love, and in love with his final choice, I bet my bottom dollar, we'd see it. One way or another. Either he'd be professing it, or you'd be able to see it in his eyes, expressions, giggles, and choice of words. I think Jake-in-love would be like a giddy schoolgirl.
    I agree. Jake is usually his polite, grinning self, but there's no enthusiasm in talking about any of this experience. Jillian did the same "people will understand my choice" blah blah, but she was almost giddy when she said it that led you to believe she was with someone.
    A friend and I rewatched the Ellen clip a few times at lunch today because she wanted me to really watch his reaction when Ellen says he'll pick Ali. There is nothing, all kidding stops and he gets serious. He kids around again as she goes on about Elizabeth and Michelle. Ali may not even be in the picture anymore, but it did strike me how he suddenly clammed up and wasn't really smiling.
    I like the option one of the guys in my office has who's wife is "an addict" (his words) with TB and they watch together. The " hope she says yes" he spoke in an interview bugs the daylights out of his wife because it is said in the present tense as if to talk about an event that Jake hasn't experienced yet. He said she calls it the "Combo". It will be choosing no one like Brad's season or leaving both hanging at the RC, realizing he did fall in love after filming stops, but with someone different than people believe like Jason's season and bringing someone back who had been gone earlier than the F2 like Jillian's season to do the proposal or give the rose during the AFTR. (Thus the dead rose in the bedroom maybe?)

I asked RS if Ali gives Jake an Ultimatum and he said No that she just decided to leave on her own he doesnt know the reason why she leaves but he said he knows for a fact that it wasnt a "Its either Vienna or me" situation and he again stated that it was very emotional for both Ali and Jake lots of tears
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

If you listen to the Ella interview with the media, in audio, and not just read the transcript... you can see that she struggled with giving a one word answer to the Grapevine interviewer when he asked about the remaining five women. She actually took a very long time to come up with a word to describe Ali, and when she did all she could come up with was 'cute'. Well of course she is cute, if you take her personality (or the one they are showing us) out of the equation. JMO She also said "misunderstood" for Vienna and immediately followed that up with "I liked her". Elizabeth said the same thing in the pool during the very first Vienna bashing on screen.

Sometimes we get snippets from interviews that don't mesh with the edit. That's my point for this post.

eta: the audio is available at tv grapevine at the bottom of the Ella interview. Its 30 minutes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3812638;

Well, as a male and a fellow viewer:

Yes, if I was in Jake's shoes, it would bug the h.ll out of me if Ali did that. Not so much because it is "my show" but because it shows that she is in it to win, not because of any feelings towards me. I would also feel it very condescending if she felt I was not bright enough to see it for myself (whether Jake is, remains to be seen ).

Most of all, I don't like ultimatums, and Ali seems to be working herself towards that stage. Cute or not, that would probably be the kiss of death for her.
    Thank you

I have to agree with you, especially on the ultimatums, I don't think anyone would like to be in that position. :nono

I see other posts regarding he did it to Jillian, its a little different at this point. With Jillian, he came right out and said Wes has a girlfriend.

As of last Monday, we still don't know what Vienna has done to make all of them dislike her.

Closed Thread